Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.1.1 Alpha

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LocoDiceGR, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I don't have the slightest bit of racism in mind when I quoted him, as him and I are pretty much from neighboring origins. It's a reference to what he said regarding VEGA Frontier Edition. Steve Burke did it better:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    TheDukeSD and warlord like this.
  2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    It's possessed it says on the video. ROFL. Hahahahaha!

Romulus_ut3 likes this.
  3. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    despite the media portrayal , amd did not put out an Offical statement saying that they weren't going to fix it

it was ray_m of the amd community support forum
    despite his title of "Technical Support Engineer 2"
    his unhelpful dismissive response to the question about broken dx9 games is typical of many of his answers that also contain similar errors in judgement.

nothing against ray_m he seems to do an ok job answering most questions, but when he gets a more advanced question, his responses are... lacking, to say the least.

they should really give him some better guidelines for answering questions.

He represents amd about as much as a tech on the phone helping you install office 98 represents microsoft.

4. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Something else worth to mention about these other then pong works again?

OnnA likes this.

5. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Let's say you're absolutely correct, and ray_m's statement doesn't officially represent AMD's stance on the matter. It is something I myself believe to be the case. But hear me out, he isn't the one who gets to pick and choose what AMD should fix and what AMD should discard. He surely gets in touch with his superiors, and then ultimately responds to what he thinks of the issue and acts accordingly.

So does this mean that you also kind of admit to that due to his unhelpful dismissive responses, people with legitimate issues are barred from getting technical support that they deserve, and left helpless until either AMD discovers the issue on their own (which happens, but takes time and sometimes it takes years for what possibly seems like a 2 hours fix) simply because they aren't made aware of the issue reported by the community, or.. you've to wait till the media gets involved and then AMD notices it. It's not the Media's fault for highlighting the terrible PR. But what it does is it sets the flesh underneath the skin of the fanboys on fire when the media does it, and that's when you're left to deal with people and their flawed logic like I am doing right now.

I have a good mind to stop talking sense into people whenever it comes to getting technical support, as it clearly can be seen that just like everything in life, the community of consumers itself is divided, to the point if AMD really did abandon support for DX9 games, some people would actually be okay with it and applaud it as if it's the right thing to do.

There are lots of people who don't bother to take their issues to Reddit, and would prefer to simply sell their AMD cards and move on to the other camp. Even in this side of the forum, you'll find plenty of people who bought products from the green team, and then simply have disappeared off Guru3D.

Maddness and warlord like this.
  6. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Again, AMD marketing is terrible.

Translated to the common language and common sense:

AMD Alpha -> Beta, not fully tested against internal company test process.
    AMD hotfix -> Circa ~like beta, meant to address a specific issue and released in the shortest time possible.
    AMD Beta -> Normal release without WHQL
    AMD WHQL -> Release with WHQL sign.

If you do not have an impelling need to install this release, just wait for a more stable version (like any beta of any other software).

Romulus_ut3, RzrTrek and warlord like this.
  7. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    ^Simply an evasive tactic that they never were aware of the problem. So, since officially they were sleeping, baptized the driver as an Alpha to extinguish the flame wars. Pathetic at best.

Romulus_ut3 likes this.
  8. McFly121

McFly121 Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 4gb
    C&C4 Tiberian Twilight and some other C&C from Origin Access doesn't work on my Nvidia with newest driver 388.71 driver and now what.

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  9. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Now you are in the wrong thread.:D

10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Terry Makedon is the boss in software not ray, and Jake Francis is the leader of the vanguard program.

11. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    ^ A perfect example of my posts and the effort put into it going to complete waste as it's not even understood. I am not going to bother anymore. :)

Just to put things into perspective, my Twitter account was created on 13th October, 2011. The first person whom I have followed on Twitter is:
    [​IMG]

CatalystCreator aka Andrew D.

Jouven, MS-DOS, Maddness and 2 others like this.
  12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Now there is bitchiness, because they fixed and you got a quick alpha?.. drama queens :p :)

Krteq likes this.
  13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Some people will always bitch about something...

@Romulus_ut3 Cool story bro :)

14. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    Even strangers from the games I play know that at some point I just give up.
    And from the games I played I learned one essential thing: when they start to add new stuff, change things and casualy ignore the bugs for months things never go well.

I got tired of the never ending problems with AMD gpu drivers, I got tired with AMD cpu silly single thread performance at some point. The only solution I saw was to just change side in both cases. Was it a bad or good decision? I actually don't care. It does what I want to do without problems so I just don't care if it was a good or bad decision.
    You can't ask me to wait forever when there is no relation between me and AMD ,so I see no reason to have more patience with them compared with the rest. Atm I own 1 intel cpu and 4 amd cpu, 3 nvidia gpu and 3 amd gpu (would had been 4 but one of them decided to just die) (yep one amd gpu is unused) ; before taking the decision that I had enough with AMD it was 0 intel cpu and 4 amd cpu, 1 nvidia gpu (this nvidia gpu was unused) and 4 amd gpu (all used).
    You can't ask me to care about someone when the other one doesn't care about me. Probably I should start to treat people/companies in the same way they treat me. (They want my money, in companies cases I want their products for free. Cool idea isn't it :D . Retarded ofc but it does one thing perfect: blocks everything. )
    Maybe things changed or will change, main problem is "will I believe them again"?

There are also some particular trolls on this forum that made me no longer want to write >

But I always forget that I live on a planet where the large majority of humans believe in things that don't exist (because there is not a single evidence to prove their existence).

< I saw some of ray's answers...

18.1. same as both 17.12, is random messing with the image location when the driver is loaded on my monitor connected using DVI. I have to cycle the monitor power or to cycle the possible connections to monitor from its menu to fix it (don't worry I tested the monitor with the 3 nvidia gpu, can't reproduce the problem so it's not the monitor and the hd 7750 is not acting like this with 13.4 (could had wrote this last part from the start but well I just copy-paste someone else attitude)). 1 bug fixed replaced with another bug...

Romulus_ut3 likes this.
  15. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700
    i havent had any problems at all, same with NVIDIA
    i cant even remember the last time i had ANY problems EVER, years ago?
    you have to on purpose seek out specific games and have very specific pc configs and scenarios to get even these issues
    new games have them early on because of development
    this is the epitome of being overblown
    of course i am happy whenever vendors fix issues

16. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    My guess is that ray_m has limited understanding of the issues that hes responding to, and he doesn't really need to have a better understanding, his job is to filter through the questions and answer them, and identify potential issues and relay them. His mistake in the response to the dx 9 bug , was that he carelessly assumed it was a specific game issue, other than that, while rather blunt, it was a pretty normal response. there's definitely room for improvement but its not easy to find highly competent people to do ray_m's job since they are probably better served doing other things. I think if he had merely used a better choice of words this PR issue wouldn't have happened. I would say amd should put more resources into customer support if they can, it can definitely leave a bad taste in a persons mouth if they feel they have been ignored.

As for the wanks defending or criticizing when they haven't looked into it, ignore them , they will love or hate things based on how they feel no matter the topic, its just white noise, not much you can do about it.

Maddness and Romulus_ut3 like this.
  17. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    I really can't believe that some are complaining about a fast response to this issue. And what a surprise, it's the same people that had their arms in the air about how AMD would never fix this.

For the love of god, please just buy a Nvidia card. If you hate AMD that badly just go Nvidia.

It's almost like some people just have a tremendous urge to whine about AMD in every way possible, every thread.

leszy likes this.
  18. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Have fun trusting Nvidia. To lose trust over something that blew up out of proportion to fast, and to have a driver fix released already, its quite Pathetic. Your stooping down to the idiocy of Warlord.

19. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    It's not a one time thing and I don't want to repeat myself, check my profile to get the whole picture.

warlord likes this.
  20. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Using a bit of critical thinking here...we see that originally, the answer was "no soup for you". But when the internet imploded through reddit and elsewhere all of sudden it was fixed. It wasn't fixed because they were getting to it. It wasn't fixed because it was scheduled to be fix. Folks over at reddit got hold of catalyst via tweeter complaining about it. By then media at large was aware of it TPU, etc.

Next thing you know the original thread was reopened and the original response changed. That did not happen until after the aftermath. Not before. Nor was there any indication it would be addressed before.

If you are going to disagree why people are upset at least show that you are fully aware of the situation that lead people to be upset about it. I do not appreciate your response implying that they were already in route to fix the issue. They were NOT original going to fix it as far as the original amd forum response was concerned.

----------------
    Now, next subject:

Rumor has it that we may get a Vega 2.0. With that driver support. It's plausible that whatever is fixed in V2.0 won't work with V1.0. Now if that turns out to be true...And that's a big if...Do you still find it acceptable for people with Vega cards posting at AMD forum about lack of feature support they won't have access to? What about threads being locked after being told that there are "other iteration after Vega 1.0 and there will no longer be any further development to Vega 1.0"?

Then what if your 580 now becomes legacy as there is a stack of releases based on Vega 2.0 arch? Telling you that your 580 is no longer supported because now as of "that day" of AMD's new releases your 580 is now old? But don't worry, as of this post it's all rumor. :)

Edit:
    https://twitter.com/LisaSu/status/949703565194350592

It won't be long if the rumor is confirmed or a false rumor. As with any rumor it's taken with a pinch of salt.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Jouven, pharma, olymind1 and 3 others like this.