The last jedi sucks

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by HawaiianBrian, Dec 23, 2017.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Apparently they have held some footage back to use in the next movie, not that I will be watching it after this total clusterfukc of a movie.

2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    What does everyone expect...This is what Disney does now. They are not the same company they once were. Now they just have a social/political agenda to be pushed. They lost the art of story telling just for the sake of story telling (no point to the story other than it just being fantastical).

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I haven't seen the movie yet, nor do I plan to see it at this point. I watched "The Force Awakens" and "Rogue One" already. Both of which left too many questions for my taste. If I'm going to watch a "trilogy", I like to have each movie explain it's fully story line, answer any lingering questions from the previous movie, and setup for the following movie. Things neither "The Force Awakens" or "Rogue One" did to any extent. Being that Disney owns Star Wars, I only expect the movies to get worse as they go along. Disney has a track record for destroying, or at least attempting to destroy, media property that they purchase.

airbud7 likes this.
  4. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    It disappointed me, especially the story or lack of. Seemed like writers went on sabbatical, by ending Rey and Snoke background basically as nothing to see here.

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Interested in what questions Rogue One left given that it was a prequel to the first three films and only really had to tell the story of how a lot of rebels died to get this information... they got the info and they died, so job done really?

6. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    The movie in one sentence.

'Run away and live to fight another day.'

It was OK.

7. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I went to the theatre with 2 people who liked the 1st movie better. On here though, you have people claiming you cannot deny it's suckiness, even if you liked it. So the people I know that enjoyed it are merely fooling themselves. Total SW geeks I know that have read all the books like TLJ.

I thought it was good. Now that I've read this thread, I probably like it more. You people who think you speak for all are really too much at times.

8. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Middle of the road, MEH-reviews:

Half in the Bag: The Last Last Jedi Review (a lengthy chat about the movie between three people, they don't really like it. I hope mr Plinkett does a review)

THE LAST JEDI: What Went Wrong (ANIMATED)

The funniest ones:

Smack Talk: The Last Jedi Review

Everything Wrong With "The Last Jedi" | PITCH MEETING

The dark side:

TV-host did not like it much at all, co-host doesn't quite care:

Roz Rants Against 'The Last Jedi'´

This is probably the angriest video about it, but at the same time makes tons of good points just about how badly thought out the whole thing is:

Star Wars: The Last Jedi: An Unbridled Rage
    https://youtu.be/9QJRw56cOVw

9. Andrés

Andrés Guest

Sorry guys, but I loved it. And I mean it as an almost 40 years old fan of the saga. Episode VII?, I didn't like it. But VIII?, totally dig it. I don't know what everyone else was expecting, but I was hoping for an episode that honored the saga and it delivered. I'm already willing to watch it again.

Episode VII, on the other hand, is a blatant reprise of episode IV with some minor twists here and there. And with flares, lots of flares.

synapz likes this.
  10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I didn't like it. Rogue One was much better.

DethoticA likes this.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I understand that Disney is targeting a new audience, but they failed the die hard fans that have been around for 40 years. I know The Force Awakens was kind of a rip-off from Episode IV, but we got to see new characters along with all the old one's from our childhood. I give J.J. props, but what Rian Johnson did leave me scratching my head thinking "Where the hell do they go from here?" So many questions that we all thought would be answered in The Last Jedi, yet all it did was raise new questions.

airbud7 likes this.
  12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    My biggest issues:
    • Where are all the original aliens? Those new generic ones just aren't Star Warsey enough. On top of that they had plenty...
    • Too many "main" characters.
    • They flushed whole jedi ideology down the toilet.
    • It used to be hard and time consuming to master the force. Yet Rey without any training...
    • I don't like how they seem to be very calculative how they assign roles. Looks like they are putting women in top positions just to show off something. It doesn't feel natural.
    • Writing sucked and I think the whole film lacked clear plot that tied the everything properly together. It felt like watching multiple different individual scenes.
    • Combat scenes lacked epicness and mostly just felt really stupid. They seem to really like to reuse ideas... That last ground battle felt like slightly changed Hoth. The basic idea at least.
    • Snokes? Lol...
    • I don't even get it how the Empire's remnants are suddenly so powerful.
    J.J. did better job. This just sucks and just doesn't feel Star Wars. Many Star Wars games have superior plots and writing.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    In regards to a "saga".....the question of "where do they go from here" is usually a lingering question until the final "chapter" of the saga.

Disney has no choice but to target a new audience. That's where the money is. At some point the "die hard fans" are going to be disappointed because the story line is going to change. This isn't a James Bond trilogy where the only character that has to change is the villain. This is an epic sci-fi movie saga that Disney plans to keep expanding through at least 2 more movies (that I'm aware of). Either the story can evolve with new characters, or the saga can die.....

14. DethoticA

DethoticA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 470 1280
    I still can't believe that they managed to destroy The Supremacy (Snoke's ship) that easy. A lot of people do not realise how big that ship is. If you have a look at charts below you will see that is the biggest Emperial ship. Why did it not have TIE fighters and bombers to protect it and perhaps destroy Rebel's mothership? Why did it not have a shield strong enough to protect from hypespacing object ? The whole space chase bollocks did not make any sense to me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kaleid likes this.
  15. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I had pretty much 0 expectations so I did like it. Also it seemed stupid enough to be a SW movie in general. One thing is that this could have been the third movie kind of considering how it went.

Rebels could have been tad bigger but then again it was just people Leia had gathered when the republic did not want to support the rebellion thing as they did not believe first order to be a threat. Then First Order simply destroyed republic and their fleets while at it.

Leia floating barely surviving well nothing interesting there, only weird thing was that opening the door to empty space did nothing but physics and star wars?

Also dropping bombs if the bombs had little thrusters sure else wot :D but still it's SW.

Oh yeah Snokes was really underwhelming dude.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    How the hell did Snokes get something that large? Totally underwhelming how they handles Snokes... It was quite mysterious character but in this film? What the hell!

Whiplashwang likes this.
  18. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Yes, but on the original trilogy we did not know much about the emperor either.

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    They didn't kill him in the second film and, well, we know what happened in the EP1-EP3.

20. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Yes, but those were made later, they easily fill the gap in from 6 to 7 if they want to as the time-period is quite long.

In the original trilogy the emperor was introduced in The Empire Strikes Back so he lasted two movies just like this new trilogy. The details on who he was in the original trilogy was not really there.