Mad Catz is back from the dead

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by sammarbella, Jan 4, 2018.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    https://www.cnet.com/news/mad-catz-returns-from-bankruptcy-rat-freq-strike/

2. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Guest

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    hmmm, shallow grave?

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I know people didn't rate them much but my RAT 3 was the best mouse I'd ever owned before it committed suicide, felt perfect in my hand and had pixel perfect precision

Maybe my memory is enhanced because this Razor PoS I replaced it with in a hurry is crap :D

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Mad Catz is back: under new management, with new ideas, new attitude and most importantly, an entire range of new, high-quality gaming products....

Mad Catz is back from the dead

5. LevelSteam

LevelSteam Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
    I really loved my original RAT 7 (before they started having issues with the sensor) my Mionix Naos 7000 is almost as comfortable for me, but I wish it was heavier like the RAT was. I also miss my on the fly profile switching.

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I always heard good things about the RAT but it was stupidly high priced and ugly as hell.

7. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    Went thru 2 RAT 7's.... Would LOVE to have a updated one without sensor issues....

8. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    they put out a usb gamepad & ill buy it yesterday.

if only they could buy back saitek too...sigh~

9. Aitortxo

Aitortxo Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    I hope they iron out the quality control they had in some of their products... more competition is good for the consumer!

10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I don't understand.

From what i'm reading, mad catz is "back from the dead"......by logitech?

I love logitech, but how can mad catz be "back from the dead" if logitech is the one "bringing them back"?

In other words, how is logitech using the mad catz name and etc. with "new management" and etc., in any way bringing back "mad catz"? All that is, is logitech using their name...for a line of products they are creating...

That'd be like saying THQ is back because Nordic Games bought the rights to use the THQ name and renamed themselves to THQ Nordic.....

Or is the article posted by Guru3d which states:

"Mad Catz is back: under new management by logitech"

Wrong?

11. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    AXEACTLY!

Maybe think of it as a child company.

12. PsyaNyde

PsyaNyde Active Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 2080 super
    Bring back the MMO7 with the thumb stick and i'm all in, one of the best mice I ever owned :D

13. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Well it's now a subsidiary, and by the post it only got new management and some new products (read: cash infusion).
    Think Harman Audio (owned by Samsung now). They own both AKG and JBL, but that doesn't mean the products are the same. In fact AKG and JBL headphones are quite different.

In a perfect world, Mad Catz will continue to live on following the same direction as before; just with less cash issues. In reality that direction may or may not change.
    The R&D will probably be shared with Logitech too though.

14. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The issue i have with this mindset, is i would totally agree, if it was the original people actually developing the products.

But that's not the case, it's new people, new management, owned by logitech. Everything about it is new, and is labeled mad katz.

That's not to say i don't hope they make great products and live up to the name, but mad katz has not risen, it's simply been remade and shares nothing with the past aside from the name.

15. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    aura to be fair the design team is new, but at least some of the new owners are confirmed former employees...& they have a lot of the same production/manufacturing as before.

it seems to be somewhere in between, tbh. im still interested to see wat comes of it

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    As much of a bad taste Mad Catz left in my mouth I'm glad they're back in the market. There was somewhat of a void with them gone. I'll always know them as the company that sells very expensive items that are extremely low quality and inevitably fail, but you buy anyway because it's niche items and there may be no alternatives. I.E Fight pads.

17. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Had a R.A.T Tournament ed. it was nice while the sensor didn't act up, like cursor jumping for 2-3 seconds all over the screen, at intervals between 30 mins - 2 hours. Not sure if it was because of software or faulty sensor.
    But besides this huge deal breaker, i liked it, very light and comfortable. I'm glad they're returning. I'm sure logitech will be a good thing for them,from a quality perspective,leaving aside the obvious, bringing them back from the dead part.

18. Incredible Lama

Incredible Lama Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1
    fingers crossed for a G13 successor... I need something Razer gamepad like but with a joystick. would be perfect for FPS and RPG games.

19. YuKsS

YuKsS Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    this is GREAT news, im STILL have my RAT 5, its been 6 years now and no problems at all