Download Display Driver Uninstaller DDU version 15.7.0.1

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 24, 2015.

1. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    It'll work perfectly for cleaning everything Geforce 920M driver related, no need to uninstall GeForce driver via Control Panel: DDU will wipe completely every single thing related with GeForce driver (files, folders, registry, services...), use it with confidence (in Windows Safe Mode), there is no better tool out there...

About uninstalling Intel graphics drivers with DDU.... DDU has option for Intel graphics cleaning (option in top-right corner to choose graphics card vendor) but as far as I now Intel graphics driver cleaning is a bit basic. I would first uninstall Intel graphics driver via Control Panel and then use DDU in Safe Mode to cleanup Intel graphics driver leftovers.

2. The Reeferman

The Reeferman Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    With previous windows versions you could use a linux live boot CD(USB) with a program to read out your Windows passwords. Gave me all the passwords ever used on that windows installation, even years old ones. I think something similar will work with Windows 10 unless MS put effort in it preventing the password from being read out.

3. danbroken

danbroken Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    This application is magic. Save me. Thanks.

This application is magic. Save my PC. I was trying to install the new nvidia card driver, but it was not working. Always return with error. So I tried this app and BINGO. I did uninstalled all and now the new driver install with success. Sorry My Bad English. :):infinity::infinity::infinity:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  4. Fearmania

Fearmania Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 650 Ti 1 GB
    What is the difference between NVIDIA clean setup and DDU?

5. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    This is a great tool, saved my ass a couple of times.

6. slimmy427

slimmy427 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid 1080ti
    I'd like to know the differences also. As of now, the last update has left me without the choice to boot into safemode.

Also, my driver installation is set to not install but, when I boot in to w10 after DDU/safemode...w10 will begin auto installing an old driver through w-update. Anyone know of a service that interacts with this feature, that I may have disabled unwittingly?

7. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Just unplug the network cable or disable the automatic wireless connection before booting into safe mode. That way when windows comes back up, update cannot do a thing. Best have the new driver downloaded beforehand as well. Change everything back once the new driver is installed.

8. Alessandro Cuccu

Alessandro Cuccu Guest

GPU:
    RX 460 3 GB
    How do I invert the effects? I tried to use a recover point but it's unsuccesful

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Download the drivers you removed and install them fresh?

10. Alessandro Cuccu

Alessandro Cuccu Guest

GPU:
    RX 460 3 GB
    Yeah that's what I tried and it worked, thank you.

KissSh0t likes this.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Nvidia removes what is necessary to be removed when uninstalling, DDU removes all traces (necessary or not) of driver files, reg settings, etc. I prefer Nvidia uninstaller.

12. greatxerox

greatxerox Member

GPU:
    2xSLI GTX TITAN X PASCAL
    hello !

please i just can't launch DDU because i get this error

In windows 10 x64, please how can i enable interactive services ? in order PAexec works and DDU works ? thank you
    [​IMG]

13. bruno218

bruno218 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1060 3 GB SC
    • Hi, I have a little question about this program, tried to read everything but I couldn't :oops:... Anyway, my doubt is if I use this program and uninstalls my nvidia drivers, after the process will I have image? I wasn't sure at all about this because I don't have any intel driver for image, just nvidia drivers since I installed windows. The initial driver installed I think it installed with the disk that came with my MB. Hope someone can help me with this little issue and sorry for my english, it's no very good I think since I haven practiced it so much lately :(.

14. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Don't worry buddy, after cleaning everything NVidia GeForce driver releated with DDU you'll have an image on screen: Windows is gonna use basic/generic display driver until you install GPU driver you want. Make sure to use the latest DDI 17.0.8.1, cleaning in Windows Safe Mode is recommended: check in the Safe Mode option at the bottom of DDU's Option menu and then start DDU again and you'll have an option to chose automatically to start Windows & DDU in Safe Mode.

bruno218 likes this.
  15. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Did you tried to temporarly disable antivirus software you're using and then start DDU as admin (right click on DDU's exe and then run as admin)? Using the latest DDU 17.0.8.1?

16. greatxerox

greatxerox Member

GPU:
    2xSLI GTX TITAN X PASCAL
    i'm just using windows protection from windows 10. and DDU is always in admin. in fact the problem is from PAexec. it needs to be accepted as interactive service by windows 10. i need to change some things in Regedit in order interactive services is accepted

that's what i need. help :'(

17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Forget that error for PAEXEC. It should more be flagged as informative than an error. On every computer it will generate this error. The reason its not starting for you is something else.
    Do you have any DDU logs generated inside the DDU folder?

greatxerox likes this.
  18. greatxerox

greatxerox Member

GPU:
    2xSLI GTX TITAN X PASCAL
    hello Wagnard ! there is no logs generated in the DDU folder.

i just installed the new version of DDU v17.0.8.2
    i got again the PAExec.exe error ID 7030 if i try to launch it.

this error is always here for many versions and it makes a long time i couldn't use DDU anymore and i'm annoyed because i always used it for driver Nvidia updates for years, and i council it to my friends.

i think the better way should be you take a look using Teamviewer, on my computer because i really don't know what to do. it will be a lot faster.

i really appreciate your help. how may i contact you online in order to give you connection infos ? do you have a steam account ? mine is greatxerox, thank you !

i see you are from Quebec so you speak french ? i'm french

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  19. greatxerox

greatxerox Member

GPU:
    2xSLI GTX TITAN X PASCAL
    Finally i moved the DDU folder in the desktop, and it worked.
    my DDU folder was in my Google drive folder, so i think there was a problem of account rights. :)

20. John_Weber

John_Weber Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti
    DDU version 17.0.8.5 doesn't uninstall all contents of Nvidia drivers 388.71 included with Windows 10 Pro April update 1803. It leaves the Nvidia folder and within it contains files called, Core Temp and 2 others with a bunch of numbers, also, it trys to delete the 3D vision icon on the desktop but its shell remains.