New C++ Installer released [Hassle free uninstaller/reinstaller]

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by CPC_RedDawn, Sep 30, 2014.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
  3. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    There will be no updates anymore. Someone reported the installer included Trojan so the author removed 25th & the last update is 24th.

Literally, both 24th & 25th had no issues for my side.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    He gave up because of a possible false positive? Lol. Why was his pack even being flagged? thatguy's pack never triggered any warnings.

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Yeah but thatguy's never worked truly for many users it is not the same. For me restarts and nothing. I asked here but nobody not even him answered me why it doesn't work. Sorry. Wilenty's one was working for everyone. Now I feel bad that it won't be updated.

6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Neither mine. My system become a tad more reliable/faster with these anyway. I prefer having 10 VC redists than 30. 20 than 60. F*CK microsoft. They can't even fix their own software. They should manage the whole situation NOT users.

HK-1 likes this.
  7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    On my brother's laptop thatguy's pack would restart the laptop instead of installing the software but it was WU that was blocking it in his case. If the other person's pack worked fine for you then that's great, the trojan warning put me off though.

warlord likes this.
  8. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    warlord likes this.
  9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Hm, did you found a way to install it at last? How did you figured out it was WU?

Yeah. But is safe though. Tons of unidentified software-code/unsigned libraries are getting hunted as unknown and they are masking theme as threats providing them even attributes as "trojans".

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Looks like some discussion went a bit sour possibly due to translation mistakes.
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...nstaller-uninstaller-by-wilenty.75516/page-10

So the author currently had the thread locked and is taking a bit of a break.
    But the December 25th version can still be found on MajorGeeks such as with the URL posted by LocoDiceGR above. :)
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_aio_installeruninstaller.html

These mostly tweak the installer and not any of the included VC++ runtime files from what I gathered, seems a lot of this stems from false positives due to AV solutions being trigger happy because there's no digital signature or version information.
    (Which seems harmless but a lot of programs get trigger happy when these things are missing so you get a lot of different generic reports due to heuristics and what not.)

EDIT: And I missed an entire pages worth of replies since this post. :D

Jackalito and HK-1 like this.

11. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    yep you are correct, there have one start of discussion so SuperMod lock this thread for a while and Wilenty told that need mental rest ok

12. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
  13. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Windows Defender will not even allow it to be downloaded. So, there is really no desire on my part to even try this wilenty version. The rub would be if an actual virus gets embedded since everyone is used to disabling them to get the darned thing installed. Where does this pick and choose end regarding when to and not to disable one's av.

14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    windows defender allowing it just fine.

15. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    17.12.30 is out.

Jackalito and warlord like this.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  17. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  19. blaugznis

blaugznis Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    any change log available for that?

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Downloaded his new pack from loco's post and defender didn't cause any fuss this time. I guess they updated their definitions or he made changes to his installer to prevent false positives. Anyway, not installing it because thatguy's pack is already installed and I don't feel any need to update at this time.