Battlefront 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I found it way too short and the mechanics are ... awful. The amount of times I saw enemies spawn in was ridiculous.

It really seems as if the SP was included with an absolute minimum of effort to entice the people they knew would not buy it if it was MP only.

Sadly, because EA is as greedy as hell, they did not listen to the numerous requests to include an extensive offline mode which I would have happily taken in place of the campaign we ended up getting.

Obviously, their loot crate bollocks would have been largely ignored by the people who chose to play offline so I'm sure that is the reason, in no small part, that requests for that mode were largely ignored in favor of the weak as piss 'arcade mode' we got instead with it's sad little cut down maps and not even one Starfighter excursion.

I still think the game is ok but if EA had actually listened to the concerns about the first Battlefront as opposed to churning out a glorified slot machine (which ultimately backfired and is now losing them money not to mention launching a global investigation into loot crates that was long overdue), things may have turned out very differently.

You live, you learn ... am I right EA :rolleyes:

2. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    But will they learn? That's the question! ;)

3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    That remains to be seen but I'm guessing MTX will be back in one form or another unless they are outright banned.

The sad reality is that the proposed legislation (in the USA) is not going to ban them outright, only ban the sale of them to anyone under the age of 21.

The upside of this is that EA will likely put themselves out of business if they keep ignoring the people who pay their bills (AKA us).

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    TL;DR

Is the game worth purchasing after all the complaining? Single-player interest only.

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    At the current price, no, not for SP only.

Serotonin likes this.
  6. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    For single-player interests only? Absolutely not. The Arcade mode (which you can play alone with bots) is only "okay", kinda; but wouldn't hold your interest longer than maybe a few days if you push it. The real "meat" of the game is in the multi-player. So yeah, no, don't buy.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Single player interest, wait.
    Thankfully EA doesn't sit on it's game's the way Activision does. If single player is your only interest, you should be able to grab it pretty cheap within about a year depending on sales.

8. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Bought this on sale and hope they'll eventually add starfighter assault to arcade mode. It's a really fun mode but I'm too crappy to play online and I don't have time in my life to git gud.

9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Even if you were Luke Skywalker, it would make little difference, the online portion (on PC) is absolutely chock-a-block with cheaters thanks to EAs non existent policy when it comes to cheating.

No doubt there would be cheats in the loot crates if EA thought they could get away with it.

10. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    If you haven't tweaked the controls yet, you could try the following I posted earlier in the thread.

If you play with a mouse and keyboard, try those settings to tame the controls a bit or use them as a starting to point to fine tune them. I felt it made starfighters a lot easier to play. The games pretty friendly towards more casual players but you have to persist for a while to learn the maps and abilities a bit better.

11. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Good news! Criterion devs are making Improvements to Arcade Mode one of their main focuses in upcoming DLC.

12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Very good news :)

13. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    To be honest, imo it is. At least at the price I got it for ~40e, it's a fun Star Wars game. Has kept me well entertained and I haven't even touched the MP yet, just campaign and arcade.

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Origin Sale started. Its already 40% off.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    A friend that has played it a lot tells me not to buy it, even for 10€ and the reason for this is a lot of rubber banding and several bugs in MP. Can anyone confirm it?

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Just fyi - not buying it for obviuos reasons already stated.

17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I can confirm rubber banding, but in the game's defense, they seemed to have fixed a lot of it in the last patch - of course ymmv.

Netherwind likes this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Not mine, but it made my day.

[​IMG]

charliehamster likes this.
  19. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    What kind of cheats, like one shot weapons? Several times I was shot down and it felt like I only took one shot. I just figured the other players had buffed weapons. Grrr, and this is why I don't play online games...

Thank you, I'll try this. I'm using a xbox controller but it feels like a blunt tool coming from a flight stick, very imprecise.

That's great to hear.

20. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Lots of hacking going on in BF2 sadly.

I'm not going to post it here as some of them are just ads for cheat sites but go on youtube and type 'Battlefront 2 cheats' if you want to be annoyed.