Colorful Launches iGame GTX1080Ti RNG Edition

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Colorful (chaintec) announces its new products including new graphics cards developed in partnership with RNG eSports Gaming Team including the flagship iGame GTX1080Ti RNG Edition graphics card. Feat...

Colorful Launches iGame GTX1080Ti RNG Edition

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    3-slot? Looks pretty tall at least.

Neat to see it named after the boost 3.0 feature though. :p
    (Well a bit of fiddling and the results aren't quite as dynamic I'm guessing ha ha.)

Guess a review will show if it's effective or not, the gaps and such seem like it would blow air out just about everywhere but maybe not?

EDIT: That status monitor RGB thing sounds like a interesting addition too, but I guess it's on the other side of the GPU and not pictured.
    (And there's some radio knob looking thing near the display connectors?)

Though I can't really see it being all too useful compared to in-game OSD displays but I guess it depends on the position of the case and such mostly.

EDIT: Yeah I guess RNG might be more for gaming, RTS or perhaps MOBA and such. :)
    (The *random* number generator e-sports team sounds a bit funky though but that's probably the intent, or it might be a different acronym altogether.)

Well regardless the 1080Ti is a solid GPU and this just adds even more choice for the users though I am curious on just how effective that cooler is and just how much use the RGB led display could be but LED is a bit of a thing now and at least it's more than blinking lights in this one.
    (What's next? the OLED edition GPU's? We'll see I suppose.)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    It will probably perform just like any other 1080Ti under air, give or take a little bit due to silicon lottery.

But yes, I too thought about the RNG in the name and wondered if it was sponsored by Blizzard :D

Solfaur likes this.
  4. QBI

QBI Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armor
    My thought's exactly LOL

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    GTX 1080Ti Random Generated Numbers edition, doesn't sound so cool now, does it? :p

They should make each card have a slightly different base and memory clock, even if the silicon lottery is already luck based, it would fit more with the name. :D

6. maddog55

maddog55 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 G PLUS
    "The card boasts 11GB of GDDR5 memory wired to a 352-bit interface bus."... is that the X suffix ram?...my MSI 1080 Gaming X PLUS has 8gb of the X RATED memory!.

7. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    This card is one for the ladies, would go well in a Doll House themed build! Have we had one yet on Rig of the Month?! Exchange tempered glass for drape curtains please!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017