Radeon Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, Dec 12, 2017.

1. MS-DOS

MS-DOS Member

GPU:
    Using some old software like ATT or RadeonPro by any chance?

2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Err dumb question what's ATT? I'm not using RadeonPro, I am using Rivatuner and MSI Afterburner though.

3. Portman87

Portman87 Member Guru

GPU:
    NITRO RX 480 8GB
    Тhey have fixed UVD bug.Second day testing and I have not been able to activate it.Gaming,browsing and movies (dxva).

TheDukeSD and z8373767 like this.
  4. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    I think it's Ati Tray Tool.

I overclocked my Core Clock to 1080MHz and pass 3DMark Stresstest in 99,8% (some drivers ago that was impossible). Now it's time for testing in BF1.

5. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    The UVD bug was fixed on the driver prior to this one. You just didn't believe that it could be fixed.

And this is proof again, that our cards didn't need any BIOS mods or upgrades, just for AMD to fix issues that were for them to fix.

In some rare instances, it can be triggered, still. But it's very, very rare.

TheDukeSD likes this.
  6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Thanks, I normally have the Radeon settings tray icon enabled but I'll disable it.

7. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @Romulus_ut3 Probably can be both sometimes.
    How come I've never suffered from the UVD bug since I upgraded to my latest bios half decade ago?

8. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    What a Great Drivers! I finished Conquest on Achi Baba map and i played full Turning Tides operation.
    DX12 + Freesync. Very, very smooth. AVG 90FPS. 1080MHz works as charm!

PS: I also tried playing Giant's Shadow map. Stuttering as hell (as every vanilla maps on DX12)
    It's weird because when i want to play Vanilla maps, i must change to DX11, DLC maps? DX12 for better performance. Dice pls fix.
    PS2: I will try push my Core Clock more.

9. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    same as you any info about it !?
    maybe you should try windmill demo freesync if any changes . and make sure hmdi cable and you can try add freesync with CRU and hdmi extension than try if it work for you for me i cant i have dvi only ^^

10. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    The freesync demo freezes my PC completely at Loading scene... (tried twice with no luck), similar to some 3DMark tests and randomly GPU-Z too. This problem appeared ever since I installed Win10 v1709. No issues whatsoever in games but these particular apps. No BSOD, only a freeze requiring hard reset.

11. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    Eh. 1080MHz is not stable. Back to my perfect 1070/600 settings.

12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    F*cking Windows downgraded the driver for the fourth time even though I set it not to :(

13. MS-DOS

MS-DOS Member

GPU:
    Correct. It might be unrelated to your issue. Launching ATT once after installing the drivers caused me the same issue with tearing you describe but in FF57, at the very same time all custom game profiles for non-OpenGL apps stopped working. Rebooting or restoring to factory defaults didn't change anything, only a complete DDU-reinstall fixed it.
    That said, it's possible that those outdated tools (at least ATT) cause a permanent corruption to driver settings even if you don't change anything in them, resulting in a whole bunch of random problems.

14. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Yeah I don't use Radeon Pro or ATT, thanks anyways :)

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Try disabling the Shader Cache. If that fixes the stutter, you can re-enable it. Just means you had some garbage cache data that needed to be wiped.

16. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Get this tool from Microsoft and it will solve your issue. Found at the bottom of the page. It is a tool by MS that disables driver updates.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...t-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window

Once you run it and select which driver updates not to install windows ignores them going forward.

"To temporarily prevent the driver from being reinstalled until a new driver fix is available, a troubleshooter is available that provides a user interface to hide and show Windows updates and drivers for Windows 10.

The following troubleshooter is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center: "

I have had this tool since MS released it.

Jackalito and HK-1 like this.
  17. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    Good to know.
    I will finaly update from 16.7.2 on my other pc.

18. Ludvig

Ludvig Guest

GPU:
    R7 370 2G PCS+
    I want do this also and so much.Will you scrap first with DDU or just install it over the actual one? I can't believe this is actually happening!

PS: in case of false joy,back to "Non-WHQL-32Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.7.2-Win10-Win8.1-Win7-July9"

19. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Jesus christ, they STILL haven't fixed Wattman resetting state voltages to default :(

20. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Thanks I did a bunch of googling yesterday after it happened for the last time and found that tool, hopefully the final clean install of yesterday will be the last one!

One interesting thing for miners like myself:

[​IMG]

The workload toggle is back despite me having a Sapphire 580 Nitro+