iphones and ad blockers??

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by tsunami231, Dec 16, 2017.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So i was given hand me down 6s due to my old phone just dying and me not want to get new phone

Smart phone has it uses i guess, Safari is ok and FF for ios feel naked with out ad blocker, I was looking for ublock origins for iOS but i dont see one, I tried ABP for iOS and it sucked it was missing lot ads and had no means to pick filters.

I tried adguard, which seem pretty good and allow picking filters, but safari only allows 50000 filters, so i probably gona have to get FF installed again so long as it dont filter limit.

Anyone have recommendations on ad blockers frees ones?? that similiar to ublock origin and just as good

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  3. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah i thought about that, but my 66u is all ready pushed to it limites add this to it would just push it more, this solution also makes managing what is and isnt block alot harder

I installed Firefox for iPhone/iOS and it seem to block quite a bit of ads that just out right show in safari, I have to check how much ads and how good it really is though, I might just use adguard if really needed

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/1blocker/id1025729002?mt=8
    this look intresting too

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea I've used 1blocker too, they all work pretty much the same for browsers but I wanted one to kill ads in apps too so went with the VPN method

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    would be nice to kill ads in apps, but i dont really have apps that have ads, I hear apple has clamped down on vpn blockers and other ad blockers too, i just want something that similar to ublock or close to it, so when I do use phone for web stuff ads dont go a trigger my ocd about it

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I'm sticking with iOS 10.3.3 for the foreseeable future, iOS11 is a laggy PoS on the Mini 2

But yea, anything like that 1Blocker will work fine for Safari ad blocking

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah ocd say i must update the iphone whenthere an update 11.2.1 atm

I also find all smartphones i tried and used laggy pos to begin with it

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Happy with my S7, nice and smooth, no lag and plenty of power, but you should take back control from that OCD b1tch :D , iOS11 was far from ready when released and only just starting to settle down for "some" devices now with the latest updates

Apple should start signing iOS 10.3.3 for older devices again, iOS 11 makes them horrible to use

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    my iPod is on 11.2.x and it doesn't lag at all....lol. It is an iPod though, so it's unlikely to ever lag since it can't do much anyway.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
  12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It makes the Mini 2 a lag fest, I only tested the last beta of iOS11 before restoring 10.3.3. but have been keeping up with the poor feckers who are stuck on 11.x.x with the mini 2 and it's not getting much better
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ipad/comments/7hdhfn/how_does_ios_112_work_on_ipad_mini_2_or_4/

Yea I heard about that, apparently it's when the battery starts losing capacity, they slow the device down to have longer battery life, replacing the battery brought the devices back up to full speed as shown with benchmarks

Fair enough, but there should be a toggle to allow you to choose if it does this or not, would be handy when you needed more battery, but a PITA if you were in the house and wanted more performance