Creative Launches a BlasterX AE-5 PURE edition

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 14, 2017.

1. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Yeah the problem was Windows 10 itself when it tried to replace the Creative driver with its own. To solve the problem i just uninstalled the sound drivers and re-installed the latest one from Creative's website. Fixed it.

2. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    DDU does actually frack up Soundblaster drivers. Last time i used it, i set it to wipe my GPU drivers (and it did) but it also wiped my Soundblaster drivers at the same time. And no i didn't tell it to. So i ended up having to re-install the soundblaster drivers after that.

3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Does it support 1024-bit 6144kHz though?

/s

4. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    If u want "manually made" op-amps u can get something like this https://www.amazon.com/Burson-Audio...srs=8504596011&ie=UTF8&qid=1513352028&sr=8-11 + a sound device or
    a whole bloody sound card with an RGB strip
    I think I paid more for Titanium HD back in a day, Sound BlasterX AE-5 is not that expensive

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Last soundcard i bought was a SB64 awe, i bought it to replace the monster pain in the backside that was the SB32 Awe which was the size of a small banana republic and would require you to study a 5 year course in real magic so you could learn how to fit the bloody drivers into dos with all the other drivers, and still be able to run any games, and after the 64 i just stuck with on board sound.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    double post

7. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    My X-Fi titanium HD had lots of problems during Windows 10 beta, but its been flawless ever since.

Yep. I was thinking this would be the AE-5 but without the stupid lights. Nothing pure about this card. Ill stick with my X-Fi Titanium HD.

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I'm not seeing what is pure, it is the opposite.
    Less superfluous electronics surrounding the card would be purer, not more electronics!
    And more lights is the opposite of purity.
    Is that it, they just added LEDs?
    How is this pure?

I'm a fan of the AE-5 but this is crap.
    They should offer a white version for the same money.
    And fix the drivers.

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Never had any issue with any SB cards I've owned and I've owned a bunch of them.

Most complaints I hear are with the X-FI series and Windows 10. Remember the X-FI series came out in 2005 so I'm not really surprised that Creative has crappy support for them now. No different than the support you get from GPUs

10. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    It's because they include 3more RGB strips with the card that already comes with 1 RGB strip, thats why it's 179 instead of 149. Since those 3 RGB strips by it self, sales for 29 dollars. That's all it really is with an white EMI shield. There no reason to call it pure edition. Unless they done more to the card then what there really saying.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Lot of kids are wowed by RGBs. The bling market is huge and creative are just taking advantage of it.

12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Don't be silly, using RGB based products, doesn't make some one an kid, just like using normal products doesn't make some one an adult.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  13. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    This card getting over your head. I understand you own it and have feels towards it, but please, draw a line.

14. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
  15. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    I think it's actually you.
    If you don't like it, don't buy it. No need to repeat how much you hate it, how it's useless, children and RGB and blablabla.

16. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    k

17. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    So I bought the card to see what it is like, and first unpleasant surprise - unlike my ZxR, it doesn't have separate left and right output. I need to go buy a new cable :(

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Windows provides a way to do this but I dont know if WASAPI etc over ride this setting, they probably do.

Right click the speaker icon on the taskbar and select playback devices, choose your device, right click properties/levels.
    You should find a balance button.
    I am using Windows 7 so it might vary a little on Windows 10.

19. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    What are you talking about?
    I meant the physical cable. I used RCA cable for my ZxR, but AE-5 only has classic 3,5mm jack port(s). Fortunately, I dug up a 3,5mm to RCA cable from my reserves.

There's a lot bigger problem though: the card is not recognized. After I install the driver, Device Manager shows generic "High definition audio device" with yellow exclamation mark. No sound. If I delete that device and scan for hardware changes, it comes back, this time without the excl. mark, and I get sound, BUT the card's control panel says "your audio device cannot be detected".

Windows 7 x64

20. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Hm, that's not going to work. After reset, it searches for drivers again and there's no output device.
    Guess I'll just return the card. I don't think I have the patience for another Creative driver bollocks.