Radeon Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, Dec 12, 2017.

1. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Runs fine on Android too. The only thing I wonder about is I can't use it with LTE network data, connection timeout all the time. Only WiFi works. :( This is the only app with that problem. Maybe there is a restriction to local network only?

passenger likes this.
  2. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @warlord Well, this needs to work in the same network, so using network LTE is a different network than what you're using in your PC.
    Cheers

warlord and passenger like this.
  3. Shellar

Shellar Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    For OCD reasons... what is responsible for creating c:\AMD with atikmdag_dce.log on every boot? If I delete this folder, on the next boot it's back. Nothing interesting is inside the log, just says "*** Log File Version: 1.0 ***" and that's it.
    I'm pretty sure this is new with Adrenalin, never had this (mis)behavior before. If something needs to make log, there is temp folder inside Windows (it's in HKLM, not user), no need to crap in root.

4. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    @warlord, it's like Obscureange said.

warlord likes this.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I ended up making the folder hidden and making the text document read only so it can't write to it.

*edit*

I just checked inside the folder and the text document was gone.... wtf?

6. DAMAFIA

DAMAFIA Guest

GPU:
    7970@1180/1800
    Unfortunately that OverdriveN Tool dnt work on my 7970 nevermind

7. Ursopro

Ursopro Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 WindForce3
    For some reason in Battlefront 2 with these drivers it leaves black shadow in the background when playing! Its very annoying ugh

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    It's HBAO Full fault not driver itself ;)
    I have set HBAO for now (click 1 <- left), till they Fix it.
    Rest on Ultra like before 1440p 63-46 FPS Chill ON

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  9. nilo

nilo Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SUPRIM X
    Firestrike running fine!!! Very well indeed!!!

[​IMG]

Time Spy freezes!!! I have to reset pc.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Drivers seems to stabilized OC in older cards.

11. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    It's not AMD's fault, happens since Windows 10 v1709 was released on any driver. GPU-Z can also randomly freeze the computer at startup.

12. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Android version works fine , even after update.

13. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I have had zero issues so far with this driver. Every feature available and works right out of the box(RX 480@580). Even AMD link :D

14. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    Anyone have any Diablo3 tips? I can't make it work without stutter with any driver. Not a major issue, it plays well but not perfect like other games.
    Good driver this one overall.

15. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Never experienced stutter in Diablo III since day 1 and 7800HD series. Now especially is butter smooth with my system and currect drivers. Something is fishy with your system in overall :) Check your settings.

Don't forget to test your internet speed and settings. Perhaps stutter due to bad connection?

16. MS-DOS

MS-DOS Member

GPU:
    D3 is very CPU bottlenecked and overall has a terrible engine. People playing in groups always have fps drops even with most powerful CPUs when there's a lot of stuff happening on the screen. The latest patch also introduced random game hangs for quite a few people, and a bunch of other crap that was hotfixed recently.
    Considering you have a FX 9590... well, try putting Physics to Low, completely disable shadows, the sound (in-game) and set HardwareClass to 1 in D3Prefs.txt.

Drivers have nothing to do here. AFAIK, the last long-standing issue GCN cars had with D3 was fixed almost a year ago.

17. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    Sigh, I don't even think the AMD Link app will try to connect unless your on wifi because fowarding port 58888 still does nothing v.v

18. Jouven

Jouven Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro OC
    This driver... (switched from 2017 January one)
    Afterburner (4.4.2) clocks control do not work anymore, voltage does, but thanks to one of Onna's posts in this thread I discovered OverdriveNTool.

OSD, alt+r, doesn't work too well, flashes like crazy in warcraft 3 (directx 9) but it allows changing some settings in-game which is a good addition.
    The other two hotkeys, something+O, something+L, they directly don't work in warcraft 3 and "radeon settings" crashes... they work in GTA5. Overall the OSD is worse than RTSS.

Wattman, "allow me to let you change the clocks... but not really" I find it really amusing that at the end of the day it boils down to the graphic card staying most of the time on the max power state, even when only watching a video, so the different phases do not matter anyway. At least with OverdriveNTool I can switch profiles fast.

Changing GPU Workload kills the driver HARD, one of my two monitors goes off and radeon settings complains that driver doesn't work and asks me to install a driver, a reboot solves the issue.

But yeah every half year Afterburner compatibility thrown away to the trash... if at least the "new" features could compete against an old functionality of afterburner...

19. Shellar

Shellar Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Meh.. if you want a bit less under the carpet solution... What I did is to change DalDCELogFilePath value in registry to my Windows\Temp path. Unfortunately AMD didn't use reg_expand_sz, so you can't use variables in case your %windir% isn't on C, you must use full path. In my case it now reads C:\Windows\Temp\AMD\atikmdag_dce.log and it works, just needs 2 reboots - in first reboot it still creates empty AMD folder in root. The small problem now is that Disk Cleanup doesn't pickup this junk in Windows\Temp coz it's always less than 7 days old and if you feel really anal about it you'd need to do it manually.
    I'm curious if this was reported to AMD, though seeing how they did nothing for now a year re tasks Author being set to some workgroup computer inside AMD, I'm not going to hold my breath.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I ended up changing the folder security permissions so it cannot read or write to it at all... and made the folder hidden.