The FCC Just Killed Net Neutrality—Now What?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by anticupidon, Dec 14, 2017.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/qvz3vd/the-fcc-just-killed-net-neutralitynow-what

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    This is the tipping point, the walls are closing in.
    Sorry for the doom-day tone, but this is a very serious issue and affects everyone, not only US states.

3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well I am one of those people who do not know anything about this nor do I actually care.Should I be concerned and
    how does this affect a law abiding citizen who just uses the internet and plays some games and does some banking.

Going to google
    Net Neutrality

Mike Z likes this.
  4. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Well, the peace was nice while it lasted but its time to move onto sabotage and revenge.

5. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Just read the Wiki page on Net Neutrality.

Jeez there suing already.
    New York attorney general announces a multi-state lawsuit challenging the net neutrality vote.
    Link

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Do you want to pay more to access certain websites or do you want to have unrestricted access to the internet

That's it boiled down to simplicity

Internet as a cable tv packages, nothing to do with "law abiding" or what you're hinting as there, piracy

7. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Hmm, I'm actually surprised that it got repealed... Anyone wanna hazard a guess for when we're gonna feel the effects of it being gone?

8. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Land of freedom... the freedom to fuçk everyone.

sverek and The Phoenix like this.
  9. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    Good one, gotta hand it to you.

America used to be the country the world looked to for inspiration.

Now its like.........eeeew

Aura89 likes this.
  10. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    You shouldn't be. The #1 priority for this administration is to undo everything done by the last administration regardless of what it is. Starting to get ridiculous really.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's been like that for a long time tbh. Trump just doesn't bother to gloss it over with nice words. Let's see what happens.

12. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I'm sure that it will be challenged, and hopefully reversed. Although I live in Canada (thankfully, our government is firmly committed to net neutrality), I hope for the best for our neighbour down south. In the Trump era, the struggle against regressives is never-ending.

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    sadly true.

The rest of the world will follow soon.

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    As stated, Net Neutrality has nothing to do with being a "law abiding citizen". It has to do with forcing ISPs to treat all data equally and preventing them from censoring content they disagree with. Repeal of Net Neutrality has the potential to shape the future of the US. In the case of elections, ISPs will be permitted to block access to information regarding candidates that have an opposing view. Take the recent Senate election in Alabama, US. Most ISPs are run by Republicans. Without Net Neutrality, they could block access to information pertaining to people running for election as Democrats, Libertarians, Independents, etc. No more "fair" elections. They can now also block access to competing services such as Netflix, Youtube, Playstation View, Hulu, Amazon Video, Google Play Movies etc. Verizon, my ISP, already had a bad habit of throttling connections to those services in the past. They've reportedly already begun throttling connections to those services again, immediately following the repeal of the Net Neutrality rules. Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, Time Warner, etc. hate competition and will do anything they can, within the boundaries of law, to ensure they never have to actually compete with anyone.

It's not just the last administration. It's every accomplishment made by any past administration that doesn't heavily favor the rich. They've been eyeing Reagan's telecom act as well, which provides free landline phone service to those who otherwise couldn't afford it. They've already publicly mentioned killing off the "Lifeline" program, which began under G.W. Bush to provide fee basic cellphone service to those same low-income families.

G*addict likes this.
  15. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    USA just keep on giving.

I am so glad other developed countries has strict rules to prevent such BS that USA government is pulling.
    However, this will affect the rest of the world.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    So ye, next time vote responsibly.

17. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I think people just vote based on their self interest, rather than seeing big picture.
    So many USA gun channels on youtube supported Trump, cause they didn't want Hillary to take guns from them and just cause woman lul.

I have against guns channels, it's interesting to watch and creators just do what they have to protect themselves and rights... Even though they become desperate and lose vision of a bigger picture.

I don't blame them, but it's sad to see how they dug their own grave. And FCC probably gonna come for them for spreading "dangerous" content.

18. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Up Next.....>Your global warming Theory...We are all doomed!!!

Brasky likes this.
  19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Global warming in and of itself is not a theory. It's been proven to occur. That's actually how ice ages occur. How dramatically humans affect it, however, is only a theory as it can't be definitively proven at this point. By the time it can potentially be proven one way or the other, we'll have gone through another ice age. At the current rate of global warming, and based on time frame estimates, we'll all be dead long before the next ice age. Still no reason to ignore the environmental impact we have though. You really should learn to look at facts.

But, we are all doomed. Every human being on this planet is doomed from birth. Something is going to kill every one of us at some point whether it be disease, violence or natural disaster. We're all going to die one day. So yes, technically, we're all doomed. Such is life....

signex, sverek and airbud7 like this.
  20. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    So now that you proved my point...Whats next?...How is it truly gonna end?