Star Wars: Battlefront II Adds The Last Jedi Content

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    EA issued a press release announcing the release of a new patch for Star Wars: Battlefront II, updating the Star Wars action game to version 1.0. This adds Finn and Captain Phasma as new characters al...

Star Wars: Battlefront II Adds The Last Jedi Content

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    All well and good but for me, and I'm not sure it's the patch (but I didn't have it before, so) the game stutters horribly in every game mode except starfighter assault. Like the FPS is in the 90s-100s, but dips in 60s every few seconds for a millisecond, making it basically unplayable. Maybe it's a driver issue, not sure, but I don't have this in any other game.

3. pederlk

pederlk Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Just testet both multiplayer gamemodes, no stutters here (running on the latest
    GeForce 388.59 WHQL driver)
    But they are taking the down for maintenance later today, maybe that wiil fix your stutter ingame :)

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    For some reason Geforce Experience didn't prompt me for the new driver and I had an older one, got the latest... but no fix. Also ran a repair on the game trough Origins and stutter did reduce a little.

Thing is, it's random, some maps don't have it, and I narrowed it down to Galactic Assault. Some maps there, especially the new Crait are sometimes unplayable. Played 2 rounds, one had stutter the entire time, the other had none.

It's definitely from the game though, it ran fine for weeks, performance wise. Now it seems (and several threads on the SWBF2 forum confirm this) that they "fixed" rubberbanding lag by adding microstuttering. :mad:

5. pederlk

pederlk Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Sry to hear that, hope they will fix it asap