NVIDIA Titan V Graphics Card Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 9, 2017.

1. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
  2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The only reason i wouldn't sort by the code name is because the code denotes the product family and would make people believe and/or say that products can't be added to the product family. By that i mean, people would say "Well, back in the day, the highest end product cost $500, and there were no products above it, and now they are charging $1500 for the highest end, which should be $500 just like it was before" completely ignoring the fact that the $1500 product is a new high end, and ignoring the fact that the chips are also massively bigger.

Like you said in your posts, chips have gotten huge. The GV100 could never be a $500 card lol but people only looking at the code name would assume they are right for saying it should be.

No.

Honestly, i'm not going to get into it again, and if you actually believe this and want to look up actual FACTS about it rather then some makebelieve nonsense, go ahead. But everyone who has ever actually looked at the improvements in the x50 x60 and x70 over the last 10+ years have seen the same level of improvements increase as it always has. Has there been some years where it's been kind of a side-grade? Sure. Have there been some years where it skyrocked past the previous years? Also sure. But it's been like that in regards to EVERY single card within the family, not just the mid-range.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    PC Per review.

Pretty sure some 4k gamers with deep pockets would go for this card.

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    There is at least one good thing about TItan V being release:

Now I don't even think about the upgrade. No way I am upgrading to old arch.
    Titan V just means more free money for me :D

5. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Just not 4K gamers, but gamers who want to dabble in AI and Deep Learning.

6. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    NVIDIA TITAN V Review Part 2: Compute Performance
    [​IMG]

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-TITAN-V-Review-Part-2-Compute-Performance

7. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080