Battlefield: Bad Company 3 is Coming in 2018

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 12, 2017.

1. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    The only thing "needless" is having drawing all the negativity here, rather than drawn directly to EA's attention. But otherwise the negativity is very well warranted.

Honestly I really don't think Disney is the problem here. After all, even they stepped in to tell EA to stop being greedy with SWBF2, and that's saying something.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    What do you suggest besides not buying their games? It's not like I could get an appointment with the boss of EA to voice my concerns, making him rethink the company's policies. Sadly, if they were consumer orientated, they wouldn't even have us so negative in the first place.

airbud7 likes this.
  3. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    people shitting on EA is pretty topical right now in particular. i understand why & cant really object. i simply hope we can get a nice classic bad company game without microtransactions or DLC shenanigans...ill remain cautiously optimistic, but guarded until we learn more.

if its not a bad company game at all, then forget it...not interested at that point anyway

4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I'm aware. I think what the community did with SWBF2 was a great approach: let the game be made and let EA pull their annoying crap, but downvote the game and complain loudly to the public about it so much that they start backpedaling. We're going to have to sacrifice a few titles until EA cares about customers again. Remember, EA still deems microtransactions as profitable, but it has only been this way because they are one of the most (if not, the most) popular publishers. People give in to peer pressure and popularity, so EA still gets a large consumer base. Since nobody likes to lose over and over again, these people will cave into MTs whether they like them or not.

All that being said, EA's weakness is their popularity. The only reason they backpedaled on SWBF2 is because it became so unpopular that the MTs were no longer profitable. But like I said, we want EA to release the game with the MTs - this is crucial. If EA releases a game that everyone is satisfied with, the game's popularity will increase and MTs will later be added, and it will be too late to fight it. EA needs to learn the hard way that MTs ruin gaming, and that isn't going to happen if their popularity doesn't get tarnished enough.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I kind of agree with you. But what does EA do when their popularity sinks? They do just enough to make whatever they do profitable again, buy the next game IP / dev, make it worse for as long as it is profitable, then move on. They've done it so many times, and I haven't seen EA in the reds at any point.

I kind of wish that the market demand would create the offers, but that's no longer the point. They create offers nobody asks for, and which are worse then before, just to sell as many games as before. I doubt that SWBF2 will sell massively less than SWBF1.

airbud7 likes this.
  6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    That's a very good point. EA is perfectly fine with leaving a franchise to rot if it isn't profitable enough. But, they can't do that with their most popular long-term franchises, like Star Wars, The Sims, Dragon Age, Battlefield, Need for Speed, and FIFA. These are the titles that they need to preserve in order to survive. From what I noticed, Dragon Age and FIFA are the only ones left that haven't seemed to bother a significant portion of their customers (due to MTs anyway). Meanwhile Sims and NFS haven't caused any noteworthy uproars; they lost some long-time fans, but not enough to be a problem. In other words, we're not making good progress. The way I see it, if we can bring down the ratings of FIFA, EA will finally listen.

That's kind of the point of capitalism - you create a solution to a problem that nobody had. So the way I see it, you fight fire with fire - let's give EA a solution to a problem they caused.
    Remember, the amount of game sales isn't the metric EA cares about. The MTs are where EA really earns their profits.

7. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 G MSI
    Really?NEEDLESS negativity?
    This is EA they are talking about.
    It's very much needed and appreciated.

8. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    You see this is something that I would buy, I had given up on the BF series after 3, BF1 got me back because it was just so different... well at first it was, then it rapidly lost it's appeal. I mean I didn't have any boycott vendetta against EA up until BF1 came out I was just bored of the series, bored of the same issues, the cheaters that never get banned, the awful server side hit detection in BF and BC2 and then client side hit detection in everything form BF3 onwards and yeah despite BF1 doing a decent enough job of hiding the issues behind the context of WW1 weapons so they are of course going to be rubbish at accuracy the game got real old real quick and if EA had announced BFBC3 3 maybe 4 months ago I would have been sold, instant pre order. Despite the issue BFBC2 was a total blast, I spent more time playing that game than all the BF games I've owned put together and I spent a hell of a long time playing BF2... and then Battlefront 2 happened.

There is now nothing EA can say or do that will get me to pre order this game, not a thing. am not saying I won't buy it but this is a 100% wait and see just how many sh*ty business practices EA try to force on this game and then buy at a later date and even then it has to have some very specific criteria

1). No DLC that splits the player base
    2). No enhancing or unlocks that split the skill base
    3). NO lootboxes or microtransactions that enhance or affect gameplay or players abilities (pay to win mechanics, cosmetics will squeak by depending on how sh*tty EA is between now and then)

Lol I might as well just say I am not buying the game now because their is no hope in hell that EA will manage to meet all 3 criteria, chances are being EA they will fail on all 3 and then spend all the time between now and then marketing how they have listened to what you want and what they are doing is going to make things better.

As far as I am aware the reason FIFA players do not complain is because the business models and MTs that have popped up in Battlefront 2 have been present in FIFA games for a while now, in other words the player base is just used to being sh*t on by EA in this game and have come to terms with it.

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Never pre-order a AAA game. I am totally favorable of pre-ordering indie games, because they may not have the funding to complete the game in the manner they desire; they have to convince you that what they're making is worth paying for. But when you pre-order a game that obviously has millions of dollars to its disposal, what you are doing is telling the parent company that "regardless of what you do, I blindly approve of this game". It encourages the bare minimum and sneaky moves.

That is a good point. I have considered that FIFA may be where EA got their business model from. Besides, it's just a sport - there's only so much you can do to make the game better without breaking standard rules, and yet for whatever reason, people keep dumping so much money into it anyway. But this is also why I mentioned FIFA - if those fans ever become angry, EA is in a LOT of trouble.

airbud7 likes this.
  10. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I really enjoyed the old battlefield 2 through 4 along with BFBC1 and 2. I loved the game play in BF2, was super responsive feel that made you feel like you were in the game. However hacking has become a lot more commonplace these days and EA / Dice has been horrible at making games that are hard / slow to hack. I play BF4 every now and then and pretty often I see hackers even on servers running Punkbuster, however with an active admin it isn't an issue they get manually booted.

Anyhow BFBC3 sounds interesting but I will not pre-order this game, nope.

12. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    The destruction of maps was always in Dices plans for BF games but only really BFBC2 delivered on that promise. If the fights went on long enough the map would be totally destroyed by the end and that made the game really good.

13. AMD4Life

AMD4Life Guest

GPU:
    NV GTX 980 TI 6GB
    I enjoyed hundreds of hours playing BC2 when it came out. Hopefully BC3 will be a worthy successor. I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure.

14. I don't think it's needless negativity, it's reality. Everyone jumps on the hype train and quickly forgets all the trash thats gone on with past releases from EA. So why not keep a realistic level head and remove the rose-colored glasses thinking that "this time will be different". We all thought that with

Battlefield 4
    Battlefield Hardline
    Battlefront
    Battlefield 1
    Battlefront 2

Just to name a few titles plagued by DLC, performance issues or pay-to-win. That's not a trend that I believe consumers should simply push aside for fear of being "too negative"

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The Battlefield fanboy in me goes WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!111!1

But my brain then reminds me DICE is EA's bitch and all excitement is now gone.

Will it have card games? will it have loot boxes? will it have gems? will it have micro dlc?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    __hollywood|meo likes this.

16. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    OMG my fave battlefield series.... they are going to fk this up the back passage with garbage micro transactions and loot crates, holy crap guaranteed. EA is dead. No one buy this crap.

They said Battlefield 4 was a missed opportunity for microtransactions... they need to go jump.

17. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Boycott

Deleted member 109358 likes this.
  18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    BF2, BC2, 2142. The rest are crap.

fantaskarsef likes this.