2017 NFL Football Season

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Serotonin, Sep 7, 2017.

1. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    as the (previously silent) 49ers fan, i would not hold my breath over Seattle "cleaning out the garbage" any time soon.

Bennett, we all agree,is a problem. but that defense works so well that my beloved 9ers are slavishly emulating it ... 'tho i think with more class:rolleyes:

still, nice job Jags. Bortles is continuing to grow. he may be transitioning to Giant Sized Man-Thing like the guy in Pittsburgh he resembles.

JaxMacFL likes this.
  2. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    a thought... people assuming the Browns are crap (and the Browns acting like it) is going to end soon.
    as a long suffering 49ers fan, i'm expert on gridiron football glory, pain, and suffering.

Cleveland may not remember, but San Francisco always will remember their pre-NFL tangles, plus NFL humiliation as Cleveland snatched San Francisco's first chance at any title ever.
    AND NOT LEAST, the robbing of Paul Brown's brain trust to create the 49ers's first dynasty.
    yeah, that Bill Walsh... the guy the loss of which led to the ultimate decline of (and semi-rise of the Bengals) the Browns.

De Shone Kizer (however HE spells it), may very well be "the real deal". he certainly is a winner.
    if Cleveland wants to do something right, they will build a wall around him.

JaxMacFL likes this.
  3. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Looooooool^.........Nope!

you can't make chicken soup out of chicken s***

At 0-13, the Browns are in the midst of the worst 30-game stretch in NFL history.
    The Browns had a chance to win their First Sunday Game in two years against the Packers. And they blew it....!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    JaxMacFL likes this.
  4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    There is too much talent on that team for them to be 0-13.

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    [​IMG]

tunejunky and JaxMacFL like this.
  6. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    :p:p:p:p:p

THAT is funny.
    i felt that way mid october for the 9ers

JaxMacFL and Loophole35 like this.
  7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Hey do Duval a big favor and smack the Titans around this week.

airbud7 and JaxMacFL like this.
  8. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    What Loop said ^

Jags should take care of Texans.

airbud7 likes this.
  9. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Had to believe that 6 games ago, the Bill's seemed for real. My, how times flies when you are a miserable Bills fan. ;) :(

10. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    local sports guy (ray ratto)
    was hilarious this week talking of the (historical) cult of personality 49ers fans engage in with their QB's (the good and the great ones at least) going all the way back to y.a. tittle and john brodie...

any case it's "the cult of Jimmy", and i've been driving past the temple all week...

if Jimmy beats the Titans (tall order) look for his jersey to be the first current 49er to outsell Colin Kaepernick's.

and speaking of whom, the Eagles will be certifiably not interested in the super bowl
    unless they sign him tout suite.

for all of the bad mouthing of Kaepernick - he had freaking shoulder surgery 2 years ago January. of course he didn't play like himself in 2016 when bad coaches forced him to start. which is documented.
    by all accounts he has been keeping himself in top form.

and his top form is better than any current QB, except Tom Brady, whom he has beaten every time he's played him.

11. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Really, all I can say is Really!!! Kaepermick, Really!!! I know he is really good at taking a knee in a game. Got him bounced if I recall.

airbud7 likes this.
  12. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    This^...could you imagine if Kaepernick ever needed the police really bad only to find out the entire police force was all military veterans!....Loooooool

JaxMacFL likes this.
  13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Keap was a system QB. He worked great in the system John H. had in place but he was not a normal NFL QB. Like RG3, Tebow and Mariota. Jimmy is the best going forward for y’all. The Eagles should be okay with Folles.

I won’t comment on his protests because I just don’t really feel this it the place to talk about it.

airbud7 and JaxMacFL like this.
  14. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    utter and complete nonsense based on a lack of direct information.

My beloved Cal (University of California at Berkeley...the 1st university of Cal)
    with a roster full of NFL future pro-bowlers, ranked #8 and undefeated at the time faced what everyone thought would be easy meat...
    the unranked U. of Nevada Reno, a lower conference (to the Pac 12 all conferences are lower except the SEC and Big 10) opponent.
    i was there.

Colin Kaepernick at QB absolutely crushed Cal.

He IS NOT a "system QB", he is a scoring threat every time he touches the ball. he has a stronger arm than Tom Brady and he's faster than all but three wide-outs in the NFL.

the fact that Jim Harbaugh not only got rid of Alex Smith (a Winner and class act) but Changed The System during Kaepernick's tenure. Yes, the 49ers popularized the U. of N. Reno's offense, but only the next year after Kaepernick took the team to the play-offs.

you have been fed lies and propaganda aimed at smearing one of the best MEN in the public eye.
    and the kneeling bit? Nate Boyer, veteran and a caucasian suggested that he kneel as is shows more respect than sitting on the bench.

the reason that he kneels has not stopped. there is a definite reason people of color trust the F.B.I. over the local police by over a factor of 10:1

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Again not going down that path of even giving a flying rat ass what color he claims as his primary. However he is a system QB that is a run first with what I refer to as "happy feet" in the pocket. He does not command respect in the pocket. You can get away with that in college not for long in the NFL. After his first full season Defensive coordinators figured that out which is why he has been shut down. The reason he is not in the NFL any more is two fold. One he is not that good (and I thought that when he was winning to). Two he had chances to get back in to the league but his girlfriend insulted his possible new teams owner (the Ravens).

He is like Tebow. Great college QB with tons of athletic gifts but not a NFL QB. The media circus surrounding him is why they are not in the NFL. No GM wants a backup QB getting that much attention.

airbud7 likes this.

16. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

Again, propaganda perpetuated (originally) from a disgraced former GM...who forced him to play while injured, disrespected him and started a whisper campaign of denigration. and after the surgery criticized his play while not fully healed.

any player of worth is a sucker for "you're the best chance we have to win" B.S.
    btw...this was the same injury as Andrew Luck, whom after the Colts screwed the pooch the 1st time is letting him heal.

AND he is fully healed.

if the NFL was not engaged in a conspiracy (in court atm), Kaepernick would be starting for somebody as he is not only superior by any metric to any available QB, he is better than the starters on all but (possibly) 3-4 playoff bound teams.

I'm sorry but you've been fed crap so long (without contrary evidence) that you believe it.
    it is crap.

go look up his record in the playoffs

17. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Yeah and a lot of veterans supported him too stop just looking at stuff that supports your viewpoint it's a big world out there.

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Read what I posted again. I don’t care what someone said about him. I thought he was not that good when he was winning.

The tweet his GF sent out wasn’t some whisper campaign. She is the one that insulted the owner of a team that was in active negotiations with his agent.

With Luck he may never play again. A former LB for the Colts has said that buzz in the locker room is he can’t lift his arm above his head. That was back in week 6 I believe.

Again. Do not bring politics into this purely football thread. I’m saying this to everyone @jbmcmillan @airbud7 @tunejunky @JaxMacFL. Let’s not devolve this thread.

airbud7 likes this.
  19. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    What Veterans supported him?....that's the stupidest most uninformed thing I've ever heard.

Don't try and tell me what he did!....I saw it through my own two eyes...

20. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    P.S: Go Jaguars!.......:D