Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.4 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LocoDiceGR, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    I was so confused when I first loaded FH3, I thought the game wouldn't load at all until I was called away, upon my return I saw the game running, then I realised the game just takes literally minutes to load! Why is this? I've never heard of a driver issue causing a game to take so long to load. :/

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Some Load Bug (it's Turn10 + UWP fault IMO)

3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Nope just all drivers either from AMD's site or windows update for AMD used in windows 10 CU(1703)/FCU(1709), are not stable enough. FH3 is one of the many bugs introduced. I have high hopes for 17.12 adrenaline version. Maybe is the solution for many bugs never fixed before.

HK-1 and OnnA like this.
  4. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Meh, I'll believe in all those bug fixes when I see them. AMD takes their sweet time when it's about fixing stuff, so who knows. Maybe the reason why we saw so few bug fixes lately was because they wanted to squeeze them all into this driver, maybe not.

What I'm worried about is that this new driver will just include the new UI/overlay stuff, a few new profiles and that's it.

With that said, I hope this new overlay also has options regarding the display of your monitors Hz. I have a freesync monitor but it doesn't have a built in frequency meter, so sometimes in certain stubborn games, I gotta tinker around a bit to find out if freesync is working as it should.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    IMO Adrenalin will give some extra features + Bug Fixing for Older GCNs as well. (They taken Fine Wine very seriously)
    Im waiting for some new Features for Fury... Now waiting for some AIB Vegas to show up.

Side Note after Titan V benches: Cuz' nV now will give (like Intel 5-10%) +20-30% up lift a Year ;) asking more in staring price (was 700€ for 1080FE, 750€ for 180 and 180Ti at 899€)
    So Industry will stagnate, same thing like on CPUs side in Gaming :eek:

Our last Hope is ATI/AMD to change hearts of Big Devs to use more Real DX12/Vulkan with GFX enchancement (Games will look a lot better than DX11.x) and then we will get some Good gaming even on Fiji & Vega -> no need to Pay more to sustain some greed.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  6. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Yeah I agree, if we're waiting on WHQL then it'll likely be Tuesday to coincide with M$'s "patch Tuesday WU schedule".

Do you reckon we'll get Enhanced Sync? That's my most anticipated feature I've been waiting for... Fed up with lousy broken VSync that never works well if a game only has double buffered vysnc...

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Yeap exactly..Maybe we will also get a new M$ Windows Update.

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ Im not using V-Sync in any game ;)
    Only FreeSync + FPS Cap in Crimson.
    63 & 70 FPS depends on Game ----> Working so smooth.....:p

9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    FH3 loads slowly on my Nvidia rig as well. 500mb read SSD with dual Xeons, I even tested it on my X58 rig with dual GTX 650ti boost 2GBs, same result. It took 10 mins to load off a 120mb read 500GB mechanical drive. Its not AMD only.

I swear, you just dont know what the frack you are doing to always complain of so many bugs. As someone who uses both sides of GPUS, they equally have their bugs and short comings.

OnnA and Jackalito like this.
  10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    AMD has more bugs anyway you place it. You are not an all day (16hrs of 24hrs per day) pro user power user like me who uses PC as a gaming rig and as a workstation. And for the record I never said Nvidia is perfect. They have their **** to clean and fix. Whatever you say is irrelevant from the fact that 2017's large windows 10 updates never helped ATI to fixed their tons of bugs. They are unlimited. Just because you have not the ability to see them, doesn't mean they aren't there. Good luck finding the truth. I don't care if you say Relive Crimson is perfect, because clearly it isn't (yet at least)

11. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Come back with a coherent statement. Seriously, you need to get off the computer with that much time spent. I game on my rig, that's it. All you ever do is effing cry about AMD bugs. Its pathetic. Every damn driver thread for a new driver. There will always be bugs. Accept that. Software will never be bug free.
    Its like arguing with a 5 year that thinks he knows everything but can not make a true actual point on what was said. Maybe you just need to use an Intel IGP and be done.

12. Keff91

Keff91 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390
    Tested overwatch for almost 1 weeks more, no crash, other games run seem okay too.
    So far this is the best driver since 17.7.1..

13. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    well since i had to wait since 17.7.2 for 17.11.2 whql that actually worked on my card, im actually tempted to wait for the next whql lol. ( i never saw such a long release of faulty drivers in my time)....Im already ready for the big yearly bad ass driver to drop! its weird cause betas used to work well for my cards until after 17.7.2.....its working so good im tempted to just wait!

14. Errant1

Errant1 Member

GPU:
    SapphireRX590Nitro+
    First and foremost, I'd like to say to the 290 owners out there don't lose hope. As for the more "fortunate" people who can afford newer gpu's and hardware, Why throw shade on people?, we know at some point we will have to upgrade. It's an inevitable truth for us all, just as All Hardware & Software suffer faults. They are man made after all.... Just like Adrenaline will suffer some glaring issue/issues for someone. Good Luck, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! And just for the record, I have Nvidia & AMD gpu's. Don't preach.

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Im wondering if we will get some sliders ''leaks'' like last year? Before the drive release...

Rumor is for tomorrow...Tuesday..we will see! :D

16. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I'm more curious to see what AMD have been doing for the newer branch, than expecting results.
    GCN 1.0 is pretty much dead, dispite it can still play games at the PS4 level :D

LocoDiceGR and OnnA like this.
  17. Adiurd

Adiurd Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    At level of ps4 or more, 7970 works very well with Destiny 2, Forza 7, resident evil 7, Injustice, Tekken 7, The Evil With in 2 etc.

OnnA likes this.
  18. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @Adiurd Yes, I forgot to mention that I was talking about my HD 7850 :p

19. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    The only 5 year old I see is you who gets butt hurt every time someone points out how incompetent AMD's driver team is and reports a legitimate issue that should be addressed.

It's understandable that all you do with your computers is gaming.. but you are aware that there are other uses for computers except for gaming and being used as HTPC.. right?

Some people use computers to make a living. They pay for hardware out of their own pocket in the hopes of reliably putting them to good use for earning their livelihood. Some of them actually make money off of their computers (while maintaining their hobby/leisure) and furthermore, even the people who bring you your "Games" make a living from their computers.. by not just using them as toys like "some" do.

The aforementioned people who use computers for their useful purposes expect some decent manufacturer software support, and when they run into issues and look for appropriate forums to share their experiences and report their findings (to no avail most of the times) they are often obstructed by rabid fanboys like you who points his finger and yell how "undeserving" they are to expect a manufacturer to support a 5 year old graphics card and should build up the habit of spending more (needlessly for their purposes) every six months for solely fulfilling a hobby that probably doesn't bring in a single dime. (Unless you're PewDiePie)

You know, instead of telling people to get off their computers (which they probably use for a living or various purposes) why don't you try using your computers for productivity purposes, and see how your experience changes with drivers?

Oh wait.. what's that, you don't care about using computers for productivity purposes?

Then don't bother people who does, and has issues working with AMD's drivers that aren't addressed properly. There's a reason nvidia has the largest market share, and it's because when you go into their forums (one that's actually useful) and ask for help on something specific, they don't tell you to "STFU GO BUY AMD" or "it's software lolz it'll have bugz chill da fug out we'll fix it in a year or so" like you do.

Not nvidia nor AMD are here to play the role of charity, they are here to make money and neither of them are saints and not even close to being perfect, but anyone who has bought their products have the right to demand proper support for their uses and has every right to share their experiences with the software support and report issues they encounter. You've no right to tell them to get off their PCs or to tell them "not to cry" as you've put it whenever they run into issues, unless you've paid for the products they're complaining about. This doesn't make the experiences of consumers better, nor does it help to improve the support these manufacturers provide. You should stand with people to see their issues get fixed, not charge at them like a bull seeing RED.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Jackalito and warlord like this.
  20. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    The problem with hardware is that it really doesn't age well. In fact, it ages very poorly. It's not like a car, or a fridge or air conditioning where as long as the unit is working, you will get the expected benefit out of it and that's about it. A fridge from 5 years ago and one from nowadays will do basically the same exact thing: make things cold.

With PC hardware it's not like that. The industry of games, office programs etc are constantly demanding more and more out of your system, and you gotta follow this trend if you wanna take advantage of all that.

That's why an old AGP card can run CS 1.6 or CoD 1 just fine but it will struggle after each generation of games until it gets to the point where it's just unplayable.

I don't mind when people have old hardware because they can't afford any better or just think that what they have already fulfills their needs, but what bothers me is when someone has a GTS 450 and expects that nvidia CONSTANTLY boost their fps in every major driver, forever, and be able to play every game of the year with 60+ fps.

warlord likes this.