GeForce 388.59 WHQL Game ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by khanmein, Dec 8, 2017.

1. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    bad drivers for ac origins,stuttering mess. back to 388.43 and fine again

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I tested RotTR and everything played fine. There were a few skips with the DX12 version, but that's to be expected as the DX12 renderer isn't very high quality. The DX11 renderer on the other hand was smooth as butter and had higher framerates as well.

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Tested AC Origins and had no problems at all. Very smooth with these drivers.

4. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    yup tested AC origins no stuttering free roam across map with these drivers

5. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Are you using Malwarebytes?

"Fixed issue where killing mbam or mbamtray from Task Manager would cause CPU to spike"

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/216441-new-component-package-available-v-10262/

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    2 runs of what? This isn't even one run of the benchmark there. You also have a different card.

I expect GA104 gaming oriented mid high end GPU to be slightly faster in gaming than a previous gen compute oriented GV100 GPU, yes.

This isn't saying much. Did you compare 770 to 811? .43 to .59? And did you use something like 1080p?

No. There is no additional CPU load. Downgrading ROTTR to b770 solves the issue of frametimes but it doesn't completely solve the issue of lower performance in low resolution which is likely a driver issue. I'll downgrade to .43 today and check if this will bring back the performance.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    No, I didn't compare patches or anything. I just downloaded it a few hours ago, so patch 811 was already installed. Also, I ran it at 1440p. Anyway, I didn't get any of the weird frametime spikes you were getting, with max settings and SMAA.

This is just one benchmark run, and the spikes are the transitions I believe. Framerate was very high during the entire run.

[​IMG]

8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Frametime variance is certainly on the game's latest patch. Here, I've compared it between b770 and b811:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loss of performance in 1080p isn't though as even b770 is slower on .59 than on .31.

Off to downgrading the driver now...

Update: downgraded back to 388.31 and am getting essentially the same result in Far Cry Primal in 1080p as on .59 - and nowhere near what I was getting back when .31 released. So it's not the driver and it's most likely the latest Win10 1709 update. Will do a clean install of 1709 b16299.98 in an hour and see if this will change anything.

FFS, MS... This will be a third clean install of 1709 because of various problems it brought.

9. densou

densou Member Guru

GPU:
    XLR8 4060ti 16GB
    matey, long live non-win 10 OSes :trollface:

yo folks, what about video playback / dxva on this .59 release? (not really into gaming lately, sry)

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    2 runs me down the stairs. :Rolleyes:

Benchmark, what else.

Clearly something bugged on your end, doesnt mtter if Im on maxwell and u pascal. gl.

11. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Try running the game with Full Screen Optimisations disabled (compatibility on the exe)

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Clean install of 1709 + latest updates (b16299.98), 388.59 drivers and Uplay (to launch the game) - and fps in FCP are back to where they were with .31.
    No idea what's caused the slowdown but there were no h/w changes in the last month.
    Will install stuff back and see if it will go down again at some point.

Tried it yesterday, had no effect whatsoever.

13. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Basically it has some new circuits that do better matrix calculations that help in AI and machine learning.

14. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    i can just remove all these paths except physx and install the driver normally? i want only install driver, physx and vulkan api

15. T_R_V

T_R_V Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 Super
    I can confirm this. Heavy stuttering after 388.59 (clean) install.

16. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    You only need to keep :
    Display folder
    NVI2 folder
    Physx folder

Vulkan driver is inside display folder, it gets installed silently.

Don't have AC Origins but these seem the same as 388.43 in the games I play.
    I have my suspicions about the latest MS update bogging down system performance though.
    The gpu score in FireStrike is the same since Creators Update, but since this Fall Creators update, CPU performance has dropped a tad.

3930k C2 HT on at 4.5ghz

Clean install of the OS would be next logical step but I just don't have the time, so "process of elimination" is currently ongoing lol! :)

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well, I've restored the system completely and performance is the same as it was on .31 now. Weird. No idea why it was suddenly lower in low resolutions.

18. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    NVI2 folder have files called nvidianetwork and etc... its really necessary? look anything like online check

19. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    performance is the same even in previous games you tested? and stutterings?

20. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Yes it's necessary.It doesn't install anything dealing with telemetry.Those files are needed for the installer to work.It'll check online only for the ad splash screens that the nv installer uses.If you disconnect from the net and install the driver, the splash screens remain blank with no ads from Nvidia.