Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY

Was kind of hoping for more actually...

Mr.Bigtime likes this.
  2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Yeah, that trailer is definitely underwhelming. Nothing like the E3 reveal. What shocked me the most though is that the game is now scheduled to arrive during fall next year, rather than in the first quarter like the initial reveal speculated.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Is it just me or do the graphics seem a lot less E3 like and a lot more 2033 like in that trailer?

And it looks like it was rendered on a console for most of it

Guess we should be used to E3 reveals looking way better than the final game by now

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Bit underwhelming yes. Also I saw another trailer / teaser that had basically nothing but set-pieces and thought "Metro of Duty" immediately. Please no....

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Here is the first reveal to compare against.

This is still the best Metro trailer though............ it just is.

6. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    Watchmen in this trailer are definitely more detailed. Lighting, particle and weather effects are significantly improved.

Judging by previous Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light trailer reveals and final game releases. I expected Metro Exodus to exceed what we have seen so far.

BTW, Metro Redux fully maxed out with SSAA x4 still look amazing.

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Looks good. Didnt like Last Light, so hope this is an improvement in gameplay. One thing I dont like much in Metro games is the over-abundance of mutants. Prefer humans/mercs with advanced AI as the more predominant enemies to deal with (like Stalker). Atmosphere in these games is second to none. The amount of detail in the litter, rubble, particles, lighting effects is also best of the best.

8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    cough cough...

AsiJu likes this.
  9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    it looks more of the same to me , hopefully it's a big open world game

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Hope it's as atmospheric as previous games with a good story, setting and campaign to match.

11. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Well I think it's pretty obvious that the visuals might be sub-pair comparing to the E3 Trailer.
    Dispite it seemed it was Gameplay Trailer, it was more and less a very very very scripted E3 Trailer, with probably "Pre-Rendered" cutscene elements.

Anyway didn't saw it yet, and I'm already commeting based on your comments, because I always took the visuals of the E3 trailer with a grain of salt.

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I will add this to the front page thank you

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Another game for the wishlist.

It's good to see a game that doesn't try to fool ppl with fake graphics marketing ads (like Watch Dog crap...).

14. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I want to see Actual gameplay, The 1st Metro got me hooked on Pc gaming original (Metro 2033) Last light took that a few notches up, then the re-makes were just icing on the cake so Lets see what they do here, I have a feeling they will deliver again. I just hope my poor little dusty Gtx 980 will be able to handle it lol.

15. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I really hope this game utilizes DX12 and not DX11. Seems to have some really nice upgrades in terms of tech to deal with the much bigger and more diverse environments. I'm especially impressed by the volumetric cloud technology, lighting, vastly increased level of detail, and the tessellated characters and terrain. I will definitely be preordering this game regardless, as the Metro series is one of my favorite FPS games.

Metro Exodus new screenshots released.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Metro has always aimed for high end graphics, i'd be surprised if it didn't use dx12 from the start.

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Changes sound good, particularly liked sandbox levels but not open world.

Crafting is another modern tripe but it makes a lot of sense in a Metro game (scavenging supplies and building stuff from what you got).

No mention of it but guessing as the game takes place above ground now that gas mask filters don't run out very quickly.

Exodus could be a completely new kind of Metro game and perhaps the best yet. Excited!

Thinking of it I'll start replaying 2033 and LL now.

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I wouldn't mind having a go of the 2033 remake, and i've only ever played LL once. Got a better GPU since playing both of them so maybe I can play in 1080p, or maybe 1440p or 4k! (lolno)

20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Have you guys heard anything about this game being a Windows 10 exclusive? I read some stuff implying that Metro Exodus will be like Quantum Break, in that it will be release first on the Windows store, followed by a Steam release later on. I wouldn't mind it being Windows 10 exclusive, as that would definitely be a major hint that it's using DX12 only. I am concerned however that it would be released on the Windows store first, as the Windows store is nowhere near as good as Steam. I am not against the Windows store per say and I've bought games from there, but it does have some issues.

Anyway, I'm really hoping that it's DX12 only. Windows 7 can just die! :p