Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.4 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LocoDiceGR, Nov 29, 2017.

1. amed

amed Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    i transfered driectly from 17 10 blckchain driver
    to this 17 11 4

but i found the msi afterburner failed to control any thing every item is disabled and even fan section disappeared
    i returend back to 17 10 afterberner returned back ebabled
    i retrurned to 17 11 4 to make sure it's the problem
    afterburner disabled again
    i used the afterburner 4 4 0 beta 16 and also last stable version all got disabled
    i'm using this computer for mining and have 8 cards all appears good in the device manager

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. circeseye

circeseye Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800xt oc
    i figured out a fix for the drm lag the drivers were causing. netflix or any other video service that uses drm.
    in the amd settings under display turn off or on gpu scaling. it will come back sometimes after a restart so just go back and turn it off or on again.
    yea i know its a messed up fix but hey it works till amd figures out for it to stay fixed

Jackalito and amed like this.
  3. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Hmm, all has been well for a week or so after installing these but yesterday I had 2 driver crashes (red screen) once while my daughter was playing Alice madness returns and then while i was waiting in a lobby for a pro clubs game, after restart all is fine again

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    According to AMD Matt, Vsync should be used together with FreeSync to prevent tearing above max refresh. In my experience this does not work as it should, and instead just reverts to Vsync and shuts down FreeSync. At least that's how it used to work.
    But lately in more recent games I am seeing FreeSync and Vsync playing nicely together.
    To be perfectly honest, I am not sure anymore whats going on. I think it's per game issue.

Enhanced Sync + FreeSync should make this dilemma less relevant, and additionally bring lower latencies when going above max refresh. At the expense of uncapped frames and "mild tearing".

Not exactly broken. Needs fixing.
    Game voltage profiles sometimes work, sometimes not. Because my Global Wattman profile by itself keeps switching to Manual voltage. Although I keep it at default value=Automatic, and just manipulate per game settings.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Agonist likes this.

5. amed

amed Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    __-
    -
    -
    i tried this but didn't work

6. amed

amed Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    i guess i'll return back to the old driver as the cards are completely out of control
    power draw reached insane number on the power meter 3 cards exceeded 710 watt

7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    you have 8 cards and you complain about power draw, get outta here man.o_O

8. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Are you sure that isn't the bake failing? My 7870 started doing red screens more frequently in a spread of 8 months since it started (even stock) until one day it stopped booting. A bake resurrected it, and then after about 2 months the same problem returned, red screens on DX11, grey patterned screens on old DX9 games and then it died again.

Passus likes this.
  9. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Maybe it is mate yeah, I will bake it again when it fails again, I havnt seen any texture glitches or anything out of the ordinary so yeah maybe thats it

10. Erick

Erick Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB
    It's because they changed the FreeSync range from the minimum 24hz to 58hz. Who's bright idea was this? It broke so many FreeSync devices by doing this. Not only that, but these drivers are for mining and applications like Adobe Photoshop (GPU Workload). It's not meant for gaming. I highly recommend not going past 17.9.3 if you are gaming and FreeSync works. The moment you use 17.10 and above, that GPU Workload appears and FreeSync is broken.

11. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    Wait what ? Freesync is working here, even under 58hz/fps...

12. Erick

Erick Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB
    Might as well dump in the fans and let them blow crap around for that much money. Tired of putting money in AMD at this point.

13. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Any link to prove this claim? I'm not aware af this change.

14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    My Freesync range is 30-80hz with using CRU and it works with this driver.

First i am hearing of this so called 58hz

OnnA likes this.
  15. Erick

Erick Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB
    Yeah. With 17.11.4, if you set your monitor to 60hz, you may get a FreeSync Unsupported in the settings, but at 72hz, it works but stutters badly. I looked into this with the CRU (Custome Resolution Utility) and after 17.9.3, the minimum range was set to 58hz. We should not have to use CRU....and that's the issue.

16. Erick

Erick Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB
    I used CRU this morning to do some troubleshooting as to why at 60hz, FreeSync was unsupported on my Samsung monitor. I noticed that the range was from 58hz - 72hz vertical and horizontal 81hz - 81hz. I reverted back to 17.9.3 and FreeSync is working again. I used CRU again and it shows the vertical range is 24hz - 72hz and the horizontal was the same. I would have to reinstall the driver and take pics.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    I have (with no MOD in CRU FS range defaulted at 30-70Hz, like in Specs :D)
    Now i have CRU Mod: 28-85Hz and it wokring Perfectly.

Waiting for Adrenalin now -> 17.9.3 + Mod is enough for any game out there.

pooley and HK-1 like this.
  18. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I dont use CRU because I am having an issue. I use CRU to overclock my monitor and set a custom low freesync range. 80hz feels way better then 60. Also I like having 3440x1440 80hz and 3840x1600 70hz for downsampling. The 1 thing AMD sucks at it, VSR is only 16:9 and 16:10. No 21:9. I dont have issues with freesync with this driver with stock settings. No stuttering either. And I have 3 monitors hooked up to my fury. Freesync still works even with all 3 in eyefinity and the other 2 are old 16:10 19 inch 1440x900 75hz monitors.

19. bjoswald

bjoswald Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD 630
    Is there a general timeframe for a big driver like Adrenalin to release, or is it pretty much up in the air?

20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017