GeForce 388.43 WHQL driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    TeX_UK likes this.
  2. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
  3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/388.43/388.43-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

That should be it for those interested, though I believe this was already posted in the Nvidia topic thread for this driver. :)

Though in summary it's game Ready for DOOM VFR, NVTray is back after requests and 3D Vision profiles are available for Escape from Tarkov and Claybook both being rated "Fair." and then some bug fixes and a list of known issues. :)
    (One of the known issues is a BSOD for the Heaven benchmark, might be a bit problematic depending on how the conditions for getting that to happen occurs.)

5. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    Thanks Agent,i feel so shamed.

6. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    How come Nvidia always has to add "optimal support" for some new game but not the developer? I hate...hate updating drivers all the time but it's only Nvidia that I ever feel I have to update.

7. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Yes as Konta said, no body is twisting youre arm, and actually the driver updates are often meant for those with the games mentioned in the release notes, so if you dont play Doom VFR, then id recommened not installing, as long as youre system is working, you know, if it aint broke, dont try to fix it!

8. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    When the updated drivers say "GAME READY" , unless you have a problem with the specified games listed, you are probably better off not using them. Wait for an overall system enhancement update driver and download those.

9. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    Lol, my system is always broke. When you get suggestions that say "recommended update" then suggesting something is persuasive which is twisting someone's arm. Doesn't mean they have to but it's still the same concept because that is "nudging" which is what you do when you physically twist someone's arm.

10. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    Did I say that I had to update and it was Nvidia's fault? Did I even say I update my drivers at all?. Reading and comprehension isn't your thing but all I said and I'll quote myself "How come Nvidia always has to add "optimal support" for some new game but not the developer?" and I later commented in response to the concept of twisting someone's arm that is in context to a company recommending (which is a suggestion which also means you don't have to) that I should update drivers.

Is updating to the latest drivers not recommended? ...no that's why every support site, forum..etc all tell people they should update to the latest drivers. You understand what suggesting to people intends right? I even mentioned previously that you don't have to yet you somehow felt the need to inform me of what I already said...shows you don't read very well.

You just suggested I meant something that I didn't say at all . I didn't make any suggestions. I said I receive suggestions to update to a driver. I then informed about the concept of what a suggested driver means.

Now don't hurt yourself but before you start to sound stupid, did I ever once say that I have the latest drivers of anything?...because I'm on Nvidia's 387.92 although you never asked. All I did was ask a simple question.

I get some people here love to be condescending and put words into people's mouths in order to put them down in some way...but grow up because I don't really care about any of that. To further that my question never got answered...guess no one knows

11. Merlena

Merlena Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 8G
    Thanks to NVIDIA for new drivers, and thanks to you all for such an active community (^) - love you all. :)

12. GameLord

GameLord Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 G1 / 4 GB
    G-sync got desynced :S Reinstalled, same error. Put back the prev. version, G-Sync working again as expected.

13. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Thanks for the heads up, will download now.