Bitcoin Mining Now Consuming More Electricity Than 159 Countries

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    World's going to crap anyway, might as well speed things up a little. :rolleyes:

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah well, we always knew technology was going to be our downfall. Just didn't guess it would happen like this... damn you nerds!

Wait.... oh crap! :)

3. EdInk

EdInk Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 (H20)
    I see GPU Tax hitting the UK soon

schmidtbag likes this.
  4. Bansaku

Bansaku Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64
    It's not that people don't think it's real, it's that human activity has little to no bearing on the Earth's climate. NASA just came out yesterday (maybe the day before) and says according to their own satellite readings, the Earth's temperature (overall) hasn't significantly budged in 23 years. My own observation coincides with their data. In fact, NASA recently came out and bluntly said (and I paraphrase) " The Media and NGOs are pushing a false narrative by using our DATA, manipulated, and present it as facts to enforce their own agendas. " In other words, NASA is saying CO2 and climate change is BS and is blown WAAAAAY out of proportion.

FACT: The more CO2 we burn, the greener the Earth becomes. This has been measured by satellites over the past 40 years. There is 110% increase in the amount of plant life since the turn of the 20th Century. Ever been to a coal plant? The first thing you'd notice is how lush and green the surrounding area is. Remember, CO2 is literally plant food, and is essential for the continuation of the production of oxygen.

FACT 2: Since the Earth has been able to sustain life as we know it, the planetary average in temperature was 24°C. As of today, it's slightly above 14°C. Technically we are still in the tail end of an ice age as we still have glaciers in regions that should not (i.e. B.C.). At the rate the Earth is warming, our great great great grandkid's kids won't even see remotely close to the 24°C average.

FACT 3: If we stop ALL industry and completely stop artificially creating CO2 (we still need to exhale eh) for 100 years the impact on the Earth's temperature would be nil.

It's NOT about believing whether or not Climate Change is real, it's the REAL factors that people ignore, while pushing their own agendas with false facts and manipulated graphs. The Earth's temperature has fluctuated greatly for what, 5 Billion years? No crap climate change is real, we just are not the problem.

Man-made environmental change? Now THAT is something very real!

warlord likes this.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    sadlly is not that they dont beleive it, its more of "they" all dont see it issue so they see the need to do anything about it let alone "spend" money fix it in 20 years if i still alive the problem will be real and big issue that cant be stoped

6. Frozendarkheart

Frozendarkheart Guest

GPU:
    16GB DDR3 2133
    And do you have any evidence? You clearly state stuff as facts but fails to provide any hard evidence. Show us or post a link to scientific articles stating that said facts you mentioned. Also, let me remind you those articles needed to be launched on reliable journals and peer review scrutinized.

Now, I'm not saying I believe the climate change is 100% caused by humans, but what I do know is both groups (the climate change caused by humans and the climate change is caused by nature, or climate and anti-climate) have their reasons and "agendas". Let also remind you that NASA is, AFAIK, an USA agency, and the president of the USA happens to be a known anti-climate supporter. Now do your math.

7. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I've searched the NASA website but don't see this anywhere (their site only reinforces the validity of man-made climate change). Do you have a source for this?

8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I'm fairly sure that if you note the amount of power a power plant produces, and then collect a pile of internal combustion cars until you reach the same output, the car horde will produce more emissions. You need to keep in mind that when you rev the car engine to the max to reach the top engine output, it's not even as "clean" anymore as it would be under normal cruising circumstances. So, if you wanted to keep it cleaner, you'd need even more cars! Then start to calculate how much maintenance the army of cars requires compared to the power plant, including lubrication and whatnot. If emissions need to be cut further, it's far easier to deal with a single power plant than thousands of individual cars with stubborn owners.

Of course I'm talking about a power plant in a civilized country, not a country with no enforced environmental regulations.

So, yeah, they aren't zero emission, but they are better and more manageable.

sverek likes this.
  9. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Mr.Robot save us from Evil Coin.

10. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    He saw on twitter, Donald Trump posted THE real info, and we all know that all scientific news is actually "fake news", but Republicans only speak the truth, after all, US conservative Christian politicians are very concerned about the truth . :p

11. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I see your from Brazil...Hows the economy down there?

PS: Tell Rousseff I said hey...

12. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Trump's an unmitigated disaster. You may be one of the holdouts, but the US has no room to talk to anyone else in the world about anything right now. We're a laughingstock.

As to mining, it would seem all mining is bad for humanity, only good for making profits.

13. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I don't think it's good idea to turn this thread into politics. USA president acts as if he just want to swing public attention from important events to himself.

Where human impact on environment is true or not, having humanity shifting into more ecology friendly fuel is a goal in a long run. It's better to have some tension and at least try to solve it, instead of burning all remaining fuel.

14. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Bitcoin is still an experiment. We have to life through it to understand its value and whether was it complete failure or possible future of our currency. What people do now, they just hasting it. It's a matter of time until we know the answer.

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Climate Change is real, it's the REAL factors that people ignore, while pushing their own agendas with false facts and manipulated graphs.

I'm fairly well educated on this topic and have read widely on the subject for well over a decade. I consider myself at least, literate. In all my reading, I've not come across anything from a well known scientific or peer reviewed journal with your "facts". More suspect, is an out right assertions of objective fact... remarkable considering we are discussing THEORY, not FACT. Though a link to the original article or source for your "facts" would be very helpful.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/empirical-evidence-for-global-warming.htm

16. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Anyone who believes global warming is something real and climate change goes to hell, has less brain than a sheep, far less intelligence than a unicellular organism.

In fact planet is becoming more and more cold each year, maybe a tremendous cold age is approaching because of Sun's behavior. Sun is changing activity. Electromagnetic solar sun-storms are becoming more common than ever. Ice mountains are growing not melting. I can't stand noobs who do not deserve to live in societies believing global conspiracies, giving trillions of dollars for Al Gore's thievery shake. Go and educate yourselves.

sverek and airbud7 like this.
  17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm impressed with your mature and well reasoned reply. Could you give a source for your claim that 'in fact the planet is getting colder each year and this is due to solar activity'? We should all be open to learning from new evidence and/or theories. Thanks.

Keitosha and warlord like this.
  18. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    He was 100% sarcastic.

Keitosha and warlord like this.
  19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    That is possible. However "Anyone who believes global warming is something real and climate change goes to hell, has less brain than a sheep, far less intelligence than a unicellular organism."...sarcasm is a tricky thing to communicate via text.

Keitosha, airbud7 and warlord like this.
  20. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    There so much sarcasm on this forum lately, people just bring it to the next level.

gotta farm dem likes!

airbud7 and warlord like this.