The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by chispy, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I'm a little bit disappointed as well. I have done some benchmark runs on 3203 so I will try to flash back to BIOS 0902 and compare (if possible). Bios 1001 was a mess stability wise 1201 just fixed that. But 0902 for me was the king.

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

:)

4. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    There's definitively a performance gain with this new bios! :D

[​IMG]

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you for the link. I'm reading the Asus CHVI Hero thread at ocn to decide if is worth it to update to this alpha bios = Elmor's post start at post #29928 , from then on it is all talks about the new alpha bios with this new Agesa Microcode 1.0.7.1 for the CH board. I will wait a bit before i get into an adventure with this new bios :)

6. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Not sure how to feel about the new test bios. A lot of new settings that have no explanations. No apparent way of disabling BankgroupSwapAlt. As much as I would love to play with this, going back to 1501 where I finally was finally able to get 3466 stable at CAS14. Unfortunately the new bios was the first time I was able to achieve a cold boot without issue before changing settings. It looks promising.

7. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Ok, caved, loaded bios version 0020 (Test Bios) again and had some fun. Do not know how the others at Overclock.net have their bios setup but I saw nothing of what the majority of the complaints were about. Latency actually improved by .1ns; from 65.0 to 64.9. Cold boot issue is gone now. Here are the items I did notice about this UEFI version:
    1. cpu multiplier and ram speed did not take upon first boot (they were reset to defaults when booted back into bios)
    2. as mentioned above, even though the cpu and ram speed settings did not take all the others did, even the ram timings
    3. CLDO_VDDP can now be found under Tweakers Paradise
    4. less cpu voltage for the same speed: offset +.01875 from .03125 for 3.914 (Blck @ 100.4)
    5. setting for SOC voltage is the same but is actually lower (read from HWiNFO64)
    6. ram voltage lower 1.4000 from 1.4050 (speed 3466 | (14-14-14-14-28)
    7. No way to switch off BankgroupSwapAlt
    8. VTTDDR voltage is one step lower than 1/2 of ram (actually had to undervolt to get stable)
    9. All Aida64 benches were in the same ballpark except FPU VP8 (increased 100 points)
    10. Channel interleaving with a 512 interleave size still yields best results
    11. RttNom, RttWr, and RttPark remained the same (Disabled, Off, RZQ/5)
    12. all the MemBus settings remained on Auto; before MemCadBus was 40,20,24,30
    13. most importantly CLDO_VDDP was not touched; remained at default
    14. 3600 is still a work in progress (able to boot into windows now with rated timings; dies after finishing two loops of the Corona benchmark)
    0070 was just released as well. No desire to load that version since Elmor stated it was for those who suffered from the 0d and some other code when booting up from 0020. Version 0020 is my home to stay till the release version. Best UEFI version to date for the C6H.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    chispy likes this.
  8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Good question, don't think I've seen that mentioned anywhere either.

Guessing any speed the RAM or system can handle, similar to FSB speed. Guessing.

Ofc it begs the question are high RAM clocks failing because the fabric can't keep up.
    It's already established increasing SOC voltage helps stabilize RAM overclocks as it increases voltage for all on-CPU-die components, except cores ofc.

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I got my new 1700x today, and i seem to have hit the jackpot, got it rock stable at 4ghz.
    I do have SMT off, games seem to perform better that way looking at benchmarks.
    Though i have a feeling my vcore is a tad too high, but my kraken x52 has no issues cooling this chip.

[​IMG]

chispy likes this.
  10. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I would say it's a tad to high. 1,425v being the MAX safe non degrading vcore.

For anyone using a PRIME X370-PRO board with bios 1201 (like me) there is a neat trick to getting the FSB close to 100 MHz.
    Instead of the usual 99.76 Mhz

[​IMG]

You simply load an overclock profile from a modded bios with SB Spread Spectrum disabled and FSB will be ~ 100 MHz.
    Everything then default to Auto but with SB spread spectrum disabled. SB Spread spectrum is normally hidden from user view.
    No bios modding needed and a reset (F5) will restore everything back to normal.
    You can get the OC profile from here : http://www.overclock.net/t/1633955/bios-mod-asus-prime-x370-pro-1201m-profile-mods

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Alright i'll turn it down a notch, and hopefully it's still stable.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    It's alright, haven't noticed any improvement though in games. Maybe i just don't notice. :)

If the refresh are better i will probably upgrade again.

13. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I think i might byte the bullet and give it a try later this week. My friend i have a question. How is the performance on this new Bios ? How do you feel it compared to the old Agesa on your own words ? Thank you in advanced.

Kind Regards: Angelo

14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Kinda bummed, after 2 months only a minor bios update for my board. Had nothing to do with ram. The last 2 bios updates have not had any ram updates.

Gonna have to suck it up, sell or trade this LPX 3000 kit so I can get some damn 3000 ram that will run 3000 on my board.

signex likes this.
  15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Agonist are those Hynix or Samsung-B die ?

16. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Have to say, impressed with 0020. Games seem more fluid in their response as compared to 1501. Have flashed back to 1501 twice to make sure it was not a placebo effect was feeling. The overall system appears to be more responsive and fluid; not so jarring as previously. Couple more items have noticed:
    1. Ignore: since rarely disconnect all power from the board, typically do a warm/soft boot. Today for the heck of it decided to run the Aida64 ram benchmark. Latency was 1ns slower. Ran the bench several times to make sure it was not a fluke. 1ns slower. Decided to do an actual cold boot to see if that would restore the latency back to were it was initially. Sure enough it did. In short, a cold boot is needed to restore latency back to expected levels.

1. Ram voltage, even though HCIMemtest showed the ram to be stable, Destiney 2 crashed to desktop with a corrupt ram error in event monitor. So, ram voltage is back to where it was before, 1.405v. VTTDR was not adjusted from it's undervolted state. Only the DRAM and DRAM Post voltage was adjusted.

Still willing to stay on this, and hopefully the cold boots to restore ram latency will be fixed. All in all the ram latency is just an irritant, nothing more. Will only cold boot when the mood strikes.

Edit: found that the real source of the issue was a windows power scheme setting. Link Power State needs to be off.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    chispy and mikev190 like this.
  17. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Seems we have some new Agesa bios just released for upcoming app's. Maybe some other fixes? Asus Prime x370 pro bios is up for example...

18. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Hynix Single Rank it looks like. 2X8GB.

Now I have gotten to run 2400, and even 2666, but eventually my PC hard locks when gaming, even with CPU at stock clocks. I even put the XMP2.0 settings in manually and still cant it setup up right. So right now, my cpu is stock clocks and ram is 2133. Even as is, I love my ryzen setup. Still feels better then my 3930k @ 4.1 and quad channel 1886 DDR3. Just bummed I am struggling myself with having my ryzen setup not overclocked and ram stuck at 2133. One thing I have about my board, if the ram fails, it will reset settings. If a cpu overclock fails, I have to reset the bios, which I have a do a jumper switch on a 2017 motherboard, which I have to remove my GPU for.

You are not gonna F***ing believe this.
    I completely missed this when I bought my board.
    My ram is on the list of QVL as a 32GB kit listed, but they only used 2X8GB sticks of it to get 2933 with XMP.

My A1 and B1 slots only do 2400 with single rank. Using A2 and B2, they go up too 2667+.
    I switched my ram to those slots, and enabled XMP 2.0 2933. CPUZ shows it running at 1463.2. So its actually at 2926. I can live with that. Now to get a nice little OC stable on my CPU with the stock cooler till I can get an AIO.

I have 90% of a custom loop already, but feel its 100% worthless at this point to get a block for my fury, and to do a custom loop on a 1500x.
    What ever the Ryzen refresh is of the 1600x, that is what Im gonna get and Ill water cooler that. Id be tickled to death to have a 1600X refresh at least 4.2+ and my ram at 2933*.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    chispy likes this.
  19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah pay extra attention to memory slot configuration and check and double-check mobo manual. A1+B1 is very different from A2+B2, it's the same for my mobo (A2+B2 for dual DIMM / high speed).

Nice you got it running!

20. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    chispy and mikev190 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.