EK Announces MLC Phoenix Modular Liquid Cooling line of products

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    -Tj- likes this.
  2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I've ordered a CPU block prefilled, a 360mm rad prefilled, and GPU Block prefilled also.

This could potentially revolutionise water cooling, giving people a full modular loop with custom water cooling components. Its basically bridging the gap between AIO and custom loop without the hassle of getting the correct fixtures and fittings.

Think about it, if you want to add in a GPU, no problem just buy a new GPU block and it will fit into the same loop.

If you upgrade your GPU, no need to drain the loop and add in the parts, same goes for adding in more radiators, etc, etc.

Mine should all ship on Dec 1st so should be with me a few days later, I shall post pics.

EDIT:

The only thing I think they could do is add in the option for clear tubing and coloured fluid.

3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    When EK meets Lego = watercooling for the masses!

Proper fittings and possible leakage are the main problems of custom watercooling loops for newbies if that's solved EK just opened a flow of new customers.

4. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)

5. EdInk

EdInk Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 (H20)
    So they’ve literally brought back the EK-XLC Predator. Not really a fan of quick disconnects showing to be honest.

If i buy this I’ll change it to hard tubing.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Finally!

I remember when they said release in spring.., better late then never :D

240mm variant would be perfect for my case.
    So, EK-MLC Phoenix 240 + EK-MLC Phoenix CPU module, hmm.. Guess we're back ~230€, like by Predator release

7. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    i can't wait until they ship this kit to the u.s.
    as a fan of cpu's/gpu's at ambient temps or slightly above, i'm stoked - i can prefill extra reservoirs and radiators to add to the system...with probably less than 10 minutes to get the extra air bubbles out.
    if they offer a pre-filled TR4 block i'm so on it.;);)

8. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    That a bit to expensive at over $400 US dollar when other all-in-one kit is way cheaper the Fluid Gaming line at $240.

9. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I'm curious to know how long a liquid cooling setup like this would last, 4 years (or more preferably) no maintenance or parts failing?

I'm updating my system soon and was set on getting an air cooler, but now I'm thinking this could be an option. I just want to basically set and forget until my next CPU, apart from 1 or 2 year GPU updates.

10. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I all ready had mine well pass 4 year in fact in 5 more months it will be 5 years with my Corsair Hydro Series H60 Water Cooler which has never been touch in all this time and still keeping at or below 75 at full bore and my system runs 24/7 to and yes I do blow it out every 3/4 months darn dust.

11. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I did something like this a couple of years ago - I got a whole bunch of quick disconnect fittings and placed them between each component in the loop. I think it made the loop too long though and it began suffering from low flow issues. I've now gone back to a simpler setup, with QC fitting only on the radiator (it's the only component that you regularly need to clean).

chispy likes this.
  12. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

hey Drac, if you're worried about ekwb... don't. their quality control is very good. my 980ti block, pump, and q6600 block are all ekwb and are pretty darn old (the cpu block and radiator is the oldest...like 9 years).
    i love their quality.

13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Yeah maybe but having built a custom acrylic water cooling loop I can say that my next system is going to either be a full air cooled system or I am going to go with something like this. The real reason is simple it's easy. I've been there and done the whole custom loop thing and I am now just a bit too old and a bit too lazy to be dealing with getting the right custom coloured, custom angled correctly knurled fitting to make that tiny section of my loop just above the rad look just right.

I would second that my loop is full Ekwb, pump, res, cpu, gpu and two rads the only bit I am not sure is ekwb is the pre installed motherboard cooler. I built this system over 2 years ago and haven't had to do a thing to it, apart from top the res up due to normal evaporation (it's a really small res)

14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Sounds good on paper , but good luck with all the flow restrictions that quick disconnect brings ( I highly advised against using them , very restrictive item as per my own experiences ). Absolutely nothing beats a well thought out , well plan , proper water custom loop.

;)

[​IMG]

15. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    That just Fud, You do know that quick disconnect have been around for min min years my guest is has more to do with the water pump impeller design and proper size play key role here.

16. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Not FUD , inform yourself and then talk to me about proper flow in a H2O loop ;) , go ahead and do yourself a favor read , read and read about water cooling until you understand how it works and the dinamics behind it. I have been doing this for many , many years as well as i was a water cooling reviewer for Swiftech.

D3M1G0D likes this.
  17. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    As mentioned above, I went with multiple quick disconnects in a prior loop, and suffered low flow problems. Nothing wrong with my pump or tubing.

chispy likes this.
  18. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I believe SHS member does not have any idea what he is talking about and he is just mumbling , guessing and making the wrong assumptions. D3M1G0D i have done the same as you and i did tested a lot of quick disconnect on different custom loops and i always ended up with the same problems ( Flow Restriction ) , very low flow.

Regards: Chispy

19. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Your making the wrong assumptions, Yes I do know more then you young pups I have done this min years of mechanical work from tractor, skid steer, snow plow, roll back, etc, etc and commercial plumbing where we used high flow hydraulic couplers

20. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    A whole different matter ( plummer , mechanical work on farm equipment :D , etc... ) , it is not the same , you are soo wrong :rolleyes: , water cooling for PCs is a whole different ball game you do not know anything about. And yes i do know what i'm talking about as my expertise in cooling PC components is undeniable , be it air cooling , water cooling , phase change cooling , dry ice cooling and liquid nitrogen. Need some proof ?

oh looky looky here :D : One of my interviews on The Overclocker Magazine read pages 6 thru 9 and see for yourself if i'm really saying the truth. https://issuu.com/theoverclocker/docs/theoverclocker_issue_23?viewMode=doublePage

oh looky looky here :D one of my many reviews i did for Swiftech Water Cooling Company: Scroll down to the last one at this Swiftech.com link front page: It start with ( Chispy's in-depth user review ): http://www.swiftech.com/H220-X.aspx#tab5

oh looky looky here :D My hwbot profile and check out my achievements , i was into the top ten overclockers in the whole planet : http://hwbot.org/user/chispy/

If that is not enough , guess who is the head moderator at kingpingcooling.com who specialized in PC cooling ;) : http://forum.kingpincooling.com/index.php yep you guessed right is Me :D.

Now that you get to see where i have been and what i have done in the water cooling community or / PC cooling community overall you can grasp the idea of the vast knowledge that i have gather thru more than 13 years and you dare to tell me that i write FUD and that you know more than us Pups , errhh i do not think so.

Now show me your accomplishments on the PC water cooling community o_O , errhh ... exactly !