NVIDIA Star Wars TITAN Xp "Jedi Order" Collector Edition review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    chispy likes this.
  2. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Don't know why they sent this out to reviewers it's identical to the normal Titan Xp besides the cosmetic changes to the shroud.

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Very true, Aah I dunno. I surely like it, but well .. I am the Star Wars generation. Then again, this is a new spin on things. I think a larger group of people would have appreciated it better if it wasn't the Xp but a more mainstream card.

airbud7 likes this.
  4. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It looks better in the pics in this article in contrast to the previous article on this edition by Guru3D. Not my cup of tea, but good for the true fans of the Star Wars!

5. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Everyone complains about their hardware not being worth much after a few years, but ill wager this card will hold its value at a minimum.

6. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Last rage in the graphics design.

Sorry,I cant refrain. :D

[​IMG]

7. Equinoxe

Equinoxe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TI GAMING SLI
    I like the numbers this card is putting out.

The star wars design is just not really my thing.

8. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Great looking card , however i think Nvidia could have improved the look of the backplate of the card in line with the Star Wars theme .

9. Arbie

Arbie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Hope you're not dropping Ashes Escalation benches... that's the first thing I look for. Though only out of interest on a card like this, which isn't for me anyway.

10. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    I am very impressed in so many different ways here! First, let me say to Hilbert, this was an excellent review. Second, I am very impressed with the design and performance decisions Nvidia chose to incorporate in this product. And third, the bench marking performance which was revealed by this review, are truly excellent!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017

11. Lilith

Lilith Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia GTX 1660ti
    You really just took my mind to a place I'm not sure I wanted to go lol :D

12. Brit90

Brit90 Member Guru

GPU:
    R390X 8GB
    If Volta and whatever else Nvidia is supposedly releasing in late 2017/early 2018, isn't this card almost out of date before it launched?
    Then again, if they now have the Star Wars rights, they can release this as their premium for all future cards.

13. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    They should just release the cooler shroud + backplate kit for reference card owners. That would be a goodwill product from Nvidia for their consumers.

14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    By itself not a bad idea really, however, the entire cooler needs to come off as well as the backplate, that totally voids the warranty.

15. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    When I am looking at the Battlefront II WQHD scores, specifically at the GTX 980 vs 1080 differences I am no longer wondering why AMD did not catch up with the 1080(Ti) properly using Vega.
    Did anyone would guess that the next gen is going to be twice as fast ? and Ti + extra 30% on top of that

16. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    HH - There's an error on that Battlefront II page, at the bottom is a set of 1080p Shadow of War benchmarks (a test that's been left out, or was there supposed to be a SoW page of benchmarks?)

edit, it looks like the one on this page, but, with the Star Wars xp scores added on top. http://www.guru3d.com/articles_page..._graphics_performance_benchmark_review,4.html

Well, I really like it. The benchmarks are really just a reminder who's on top right now.

Hilbert Hagedoorn likes this.
  17. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Cheers, I fixed that wrong chart.

Stormyandcold likes this.
  18. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Great review as always Hilbert , thank you for the good read and the awesome pictures. I kind of like that SW shroud and i think they should have added more options in colors :)

19. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I doubt it. This will undoubtedly remain more valuable than any of the preceding and future Titans by a wide margin, but the Titan Xp was not a "legendary" GPU to begin with. If this was released instead of the Titan Xp, I think you'd maybe be right. But the fact of the matter is, it's just an overpriced GPU we've already seen with an even higher price just because of a fancy looking heatsink.

20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Overpriced, I think we can all agree with. However, I don't agree that it's been made to be "even higher price just because of a fancy looking heatsink". That's actually wrong. The original Xp was released at £1149. This Star Wars version is only £999, which is actually £150 cheaper than the original Xp.