Learn to read Russian in 15 minutes

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by mbk1969, Nov 20, 2017.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Just in case...

[​IMG]

I became a spam target for Pinterest, but since there is interesting stuff I did not block it.

tensai28, 386SX, HK-1 and 4 others like this.
  2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    But I would say that "Здравствуйте" is formal as "How do you do". And to "Hello" word "Привет" [privet] is much closer.

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I have not even mastered the English language yet and i was born in the UK. lol

386SX and airbud7 like this.
  4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    You reminded me about Finnish guy who told that Finnish is hard to study even for Finnish people. As I take it Hungarian and Finnish languages are considered as a difficult ones in Europe.

And most linguists consider the Korean alphabet as a most perfect one. I read article about it and I was deeply impressed indeed.

AsiJu likes this.

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    me neither!....or is it me either?....Grrrrrr...:D

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Oh it gets worse, up here in Scotland we would say ither. lol

airbud7 likes this.
  7. godknowswhy

godknowswhy Guest

GPU:
    All sorts
    Learn to read Russian in 15 minutes??? I suppose more chance of that than trying to interpret a drunken Scotsman.

8. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Try Estonian. Finnish is kind of similar.

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I know the method to increase chances - you should be drunken too.

airbud7 and CrazY_Milojko like this.
  10. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    The thing with languages is that it depends on your native one.
    For example my native language (Romanian) is apparently considered easy to learn by native English speakers while Turkish is considered medium. I for one honestly found Turkish to be the simplest language I've came across so far. There are no genders, and through that you've probably eliminated a quarter of the grammar.
    Akin to Turkish, I found German fairly straightforward. The grammatical constructs are familiar to me and those long-ass words make a lot of sense and actually make the vocabulary significantly easier down the road.

What I don't understand how Romanian is considered easy when it has 5 cases, while German is considered medium with 4. Yet the languages share most of the grammatical constructs and English is even a Germanic language.

anticupidon likes this.

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    15 minutes? Way too long!

12. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    руки вверх was probably the first I learned ...(hands up) ...now I mostly can guess most of the Russian alphabet - the most useful words are ресторан .... водка. You may guess what they mean...

13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    6 cases in Russian (and 3 genders), and 14 cases in Finnish.

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Man, you are at advanced level already.

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    But that can`t teach you to read Russian, only to swear

Original clip, btw

Solfaur likes this.

16. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    tell you what, I grew up in upstate New York and trying to learn Canadian is a freaking pita!

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Well I read this hours ago and still can't speak Russian, I don't think this работает очень хорошо, иначе я буду говорить по-русски

Oh... wait :D

tensai28 likes this.
  18. vonSternberg

vonSternberg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 560D
    I only know how to translate their letters on the alphabet thanks to charmap, but I don't know a single word except Privet and Zdravstvustye

19. My father is Russian, my mom is Venezuelan, and I did born in Venezuela
    My name is Yuriy Yakimov i'm so proud of my name

PS: I don't speak Russian :'( I tried to learn when i was a kid, but as you know mothers are the only one that seemed to teach their kids their tongue language.
    I remember that i used to practice Russian with my grandmother too, but i just learn few things.

Actually Its very funny because my grandfather had my name Yuriy, he born in Siberia in 1914, he had a fantastic history about hes life, things related to Japan, China, he defend China from Japan! them he move out to China back in 1952 because of Communism, them my dad born in China, but chinnese people considerate my dad as Russian, and China was very grateful with Russians because of pulling out the Japanese from China.

Also my grandfather had misterious story about Tibet, about flights in Light aircraft if i remember he told me that in Venezuela he was flying in a light aircraft with his best friend over the Mountain (AVILA) and he told me that they were flying over camps of agriculture, but suddenly they went trough a cloud of haze, and they start to see SNOW falling.. and that's very weird because in that mountain is like impossible to see snow falling.. and they were like lost... for 20 minutes...then they made it,
    they went back to the agricultural fields. they believe that they cross like a portal or something that teleport them to another part of the continents such (Asia, Australia, Europe) what ever

Also my grandfather used to work in the navy as engineer in sub-marines and ships.

Sorry i need to learn first English i guess my grammar is terrible, and sometimes i think i may have ADD because I can get easily distracted xD!..... well not that easily but yeah. Anyway interesting topic about learning Russian

+1

Koniakki and airbud7 like this.
  20. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB