8700k/8600k owners thread (I know the irony)

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Loophole35, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    up and together
    Will get better pics with the side panels and glass on it tonight.

2. Slinkyminx

Slinkyminx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Thought I posted this but, I might be going slightly mad...

Some realbench at 5Ghz

[​IMG]

3. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Installed my Asus Maximus X Hero, i7-8600K & NZXT Kraken X62 yesterday!
    4.8Ghz is stable at 1.26v for me. I got it to boot at 5Ghz using 1.32v but temps got way too hot hitting about 82-85C and my CPU fans were hitting 100% which is really damn loud.

[​IMG]

So far soo good.. I think I need to remount the Kraken X62 though. Temps are a lot higher than I was expecting based on reviews of that cooler. I had some issues getting it mounted at first so I think I screwed up the thermal paste a bit getting it mounted to the CPU. Might have gotten an air pocket or poor contact in parts of the cooler.

airbud7 likes this.
  4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Not so much you could do apart from de-lidding.

5. iamlegend999

iamlegend999 Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 770 4GB
    H̶e̶y̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶8̶7̶0̶0̶k̶,̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶s̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶v̶e̶n̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶v̶p̶m̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶b̶e̶n̶c̶h̶m̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶s̶c̶o̶r̶e̶?̶ ̶
    I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶c̶l̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶e̶,̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶c̶k̶s̶p̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶t̶.̶ ̶
    T̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶n̶c̶h̶m̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶g̶l̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶O̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶l̶o̶a̶d̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶p̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶n̶c̶h̶m̶a̶r̶k̶.̶ ̶S̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶1̶0̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶.̶

EDIT: Nevermind, I have already received a result and confirmed that I will be purchasing a 8700k soon!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    airbud7 likes this.
  6. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Hey...Welcome to the forums...I'm sure you will get a response soon...

You thinking of getting 8700k to?....welcome to the club!

7. iamlegend999

iamlegend999 Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 770 4GB
    Thank you! Well, I was, but now I've decided to purchase one soon!

airbud7 likes this.
  8. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    The best result in svpmark would be a 8700k@5.0......

Same with Gaming...>8700k is the new 2600k. (legendary brother stuff)

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Honestly I’ve just been leaving mine at 4.7Ghz all core boost. It stays around 70°C on Prime95 and destroys every game I play. FM7 maxes at 1440 is staying above 120FPS at all times. I love this CPU. I played with the OC a bit and was using it around 5.1Ghz but I kept getting workers stop in Prime95 it was getting past 1.37V at that point so I stopped. Plus temps were getting close to 90°C.

airbud7 likes this.
  10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I wonder how it does in old UE3 games that were bottlenecked by a single thread.

Do you have borderlands 2/ TPS?

11. superpoeper

superpoeper Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX1070 O8G
    i just tested both Borderland 2 and The Pre Sequel for about 15 minutes....
    at max ingame settings (and some forced extra AA via nvidia control panel) @ full 4K with vsync limited to 60 FPS on GTX1070 and i7 8700K @4.7
    max Cpu usage was a short peak moment of 21% cpu load while playing (average 14 - 18%)
    max CPU Temp was 51°C for a couple of peak moments (but lower while actually playing)
    (vallues read in msi afterburner)

just ran another test on borderlands 2
    nvidia control panel: set up everything as high as possible (to increase loads on gpu and maybe the cpu)
    Only DSR factor and V-sync were disabled...
    tested again @ max quality settings ingame @ full 4K with vsync disabled and inlimited framerate ingame...
    results fps never went below 85 (with fraps)
    CPU load had a few peaks of 40% load but in game never went above 21% workload while actually playing the game...
    CPU temp was the same 51-55°C for a couple of peak moments (but lower while actually playing)
    (again vallues read in msi afterburner, i know i'm lazy...)

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    There's nothing interesting about BL in general; it's just the fact there are quite a few CPU bottlenecked spots that peg 1 core to 100% usage.

In Presequel the quickest spot to test is concordia.
    One spot just hits 1 core hard for seemingly no reason.

Loophole35 likes this.
  13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I don't have BL2 installed. I will set it to install. Any area you would like me to test specifically? Also I will try out Battlefield 4 SP campaign. I remember a few spots that were un-playable for me before.

14. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Do you have both games?
    I can screenshot an example or two

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Only BL2.

16. superpoeper

superpoeper Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX1070 O8G
    i just tested the pre sequel in concordia specifically for about 10 minutes...
    once at max ingame settings (and some forced extra AA via nvidia control panel) @ full 4K with vsync limited to 60 FPS on GTX1070 and i7 8700K @4.7
    max Cpu usage on cpu core 2 (in afterburner) was between 85 - 100% for at several moments (mostly when multiple characters were walking and talking close to a shop and me of course)
    lowest loads on cpu core 2 was between 35 - 40% (all other cores newer went over 30% load ingame)

then i ran the other test:
    nvidia control panel: set up everything as high as possible (to increase loads on gpu and maybe the this also affects cpu a little?)
    Only DSR factor and V-sync were disabled...
    again @ max quality settings ingame @ full 4K with vsync disabled and inlimited framerate ingame...
    results fps never went below 75 (with fraps)
    so i had a lower minimum fps in concordia compared to other levels...

max Cpu usage on cpu core 2 was between 95 - 100% for several moments (again mostly when the characters were talking close to a shop and me)
    lowest loads on cpu core 2 again between 35 - 45% (also: all other cores newer went over 40% load)
    (again vallues read in msi afterburner)

i think (not certain) that all possible interaction in concordia with characters/quests/vendors etc. all crammed into one small map is the culprit for the high cpu load

airbud7 likes this.
  17. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    props^...thanks.

18. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Look who decided to show up for the party.. Goodbye weekend... :p

L733C495 Batch. Looks like 5GHz under 1.3v easy.

Blessed the hardware gods may be! :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    -Tj- and airbud7 like this.
  19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Mine is L730C307 so far it ain’t a great clocker with the limited time I’ve messed with it. Though I have not done anything but play with multiplier and Vcore.

20. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    What clocks/volts you got Loop so far? Delid? Temps?

On a side note, coming from the Asus M8H, the overclocking options in Asrock Extreme 4 bios are quite, well, lets say underwhelming.

BUT, this board and the new system in whole, feels a lot more stable vs my previous 7700K/M8H with the same ram and all else. Just swapped mobo/cpu. Didn't even do a fresh install on the 950 PRO.

Can't pinpoint why, but it just works. No hassle, no errors. Overclocking was a breeze even with the"limiting" bios options vs the M8H etc.

Quite glad and satisfied I went with Z370/CFL so far, even if tho I would had preferred the 8600k(€130 cheaper) tbh but I'm sure the a bit overpriced 8700k would do me fine. ;)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    -Tj- and airbud7 like this.