GeForce 388.31 WHQL Game ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    I find that for me Dx11 runs better and smoother in BF1 and The Division , anyway driver seems ok in Assassin's creed game so far but haven't made it to the big cities yet , i do have very high cpu usage , running @1440p

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I checked, there are two MSAA 4x + SSAA modes available for OpenGL. Here's a comparison in the most obvious part (I don't have a save with any apparent transparent texture to check but feel free to do it yourself):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Forced 8xS seem to provide great results if maybe a touch soft but you'd expect this from a supersampling AA. 16xS looks as bad as in-game 8x does though.

In-game AA was set to 4x when forcing.

3. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    @Darren Hogson :
    In SWBF2, my GPU temp has increased by 10°C to 15°C versus all other games.
    Yes, this game draws so much power....

4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    So what you do when you are faced with facts that go against your belief, disproving your belief, is to try and throw insults around? Try and say others are autistic because they show you facts? Or a sociopath? Hm..... Why again are you posting here?

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Takes one to know one...

also as a brother of an actually autistic person, one more post like that and I'll report you.

Like said, take your sh*t somewhere else. No one gives a damn about your 'cause'.

Singleton99 and tiliarou like this.
  6. slimmy427

slimmy427 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid 1080ti
    And there we have the attitude that birthed conflict in the first place. The internet is a safe place to be an asshole but, not treated like one...right?

I have no issue with you...and for whats its worth I am a nephew to my uncle and my neighbor also both are functioning Aspies. With that said...and implying it within your response to me...yes they would not be happy that I used their condition as a response. For that I am and would be embarrassed...especially at my age.

I did not post or have posted here to have systematic, mechanical conversations over the validity of an "opinion". I came here for intelligent conversation with intelligent people, well...intelligence with a degree of humility. I stated my opinions without attacking and expect that in return. When my opinion was responded to, I responded that I, nor anyone else that I have seen has data to back it up. There will always be issues in translation. I can't seem to see where, with exception of my recent post/retaliation, I provoked anyone to mock me or where I told them they were "wrong" and dismissed others with a general apathy. I certainly did not dismiss the discussion, just to take parts out of context in pursuit of self gratifying posturing. I would never expect anyone to tolerate that treatment if I acted that way.

I'm of the mind set...if you act like an asshole you get treated like an asshole. Case in point...the responses to my post...I deserved it. Instead of entering an intelligent discussion...I and others were and have been met with a self righteous, borderline authoritative ego. I will not be jested by some know it all twat on the internet...why should I be sensitive to their social disability? Where do you earn the rights to be an asshole with suggestive insults and mocking? We can try to be equals...or F*ck their insecure chest pounding ego. I can live with either out come...as clearly you can too ;)

7. slimmy427

slimmy427 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid 1080ti
    Why would I enter a combative conversation with you? I gave you just what you in-sighted...

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Double checked, at least with kotor 2 any forced transparency AA causes a lot of blurring.
    Even in UI

9. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Except, you know, the fact that we do, and you don't, and you just want to act as though there isn't. Sorry bud that this isn't quite working out for you.

If you can't handle being shown facts that contradict what you state, you might not want to access the internet anymore.

You might want to re-read through what you have posted throughout this thread, because you keep talking about others "social disabilities" and yet you are the one who continues to disregard facts for your own crusade against nvidia. You asked questions, we answered, you ignored those answers, ignore that there's even a possibility that you are wrong, and then continue with your crusade, while everyone here that has responded to you has asked you, specifically you for proof. You continue to not provide it, and ignore others that do provide it.

All that is happening here is you getting defensive and deciding to state other people are the problem (and insulting them) because they show you facts that you don't want to believe, or ask you to prove something you don't have any desire to prove, but have all the desire to continue your crusade.

Here, i'll show you the data again, so you can disregard it again and continue on your crusade.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017/02/08/nvidia_video_card_driver_performance_review/3

[​IMG]

https://www.overclockers.ru/lab/713...okart-nvidia-protiv-drajverov-raznyh-let.html

[​IMG]

Feel free to actually look at those reviews as there's a lot more then just the two images i provided.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  10. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    Destiny 2 performance on my 980M didn't increase at all or actually went down a little.

11. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    In other news, having a good time with these drivers so far. Everything is smooth compared to the ones that came after 388.00.

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yes returning to topic this driver seems fine, updated as I'll likely get Destiny 2 soon and reading the comments seems to be a solid driver otherwise as well.

13. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW3
    can some MOD clean up this thread, please? there are a lot of unnecessary posts in here.

on topic: updated from 382.53 to 388.31 and so far no problems to report (GTX 1080 on windows 7).

-andy-

Blackfyre likes this.
  14. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    tested a few games after latest windows build upgrade with these drivers, rocket league, dirty bomb and a few other games all run great 4k dsr...never saw less then 70fps games maxxed out (well beyond, i edit the db config files to take crap beyond in game max, and to get better perf out of modern hardware...crap still uses original ue3 config file defaults FFS..)

so far so good, not having any "oh god why" issues, unlike a few past drivers since i got my 1070mini... love this card.... so much i have caused 3 friends to endup with the same card moving from r9 era hardware, the only complaint one has had was due to bugs he had that, hes since decided he cant be sure nvidia is to blame for..so sall good, he still loves the card and is just waiting on a new psu to really give it a push(i sent him my old 8350 as a gift, he was using a 945 on an msi 970 game board, this was a HUGE upgrade for him, he about crap...) his current psu is going on 7 years old, and is a model range of antec that only got middling build reviews, gotta give it credit though, its held up amazing..specially with how crap his house is wired...the ac in one upstairs room comes on. and all the lights and crap dim/flicker.... jesus....anyway...he finely listened and got a ups and to replace a few outlets, so that issue should be delt with, but, i agree with his choice to grab an affordable name brand 850watt psu, not a top unit by any means but, surely better then his aged and abused antec...(thermaltake 850watt, had a sale on newegg, and mir on top of it..not an amazing psu but..hey, for what he could afford...its what i would have gotten...but i got a 1300evga..so yeah..dudes so excited...i also sent him my old core contact freezer and xigmatek 120mm pwm lighted fan, that came with my Aeiger (sp?), since i stuck 2x120*38mm pwm panaflows on that thing...he was using a stock amd heat pipe cooler, talk about...ugg.... sure, neither of us are gonna win any bench contests...but hey... im pretty happy with my 9730 locked at 4.7 1.38-1.426v(not manually set, this is actually what im getting using the doc..whatever function, rather then manual, on my chv-z then setting multi and a cpu/nb volts up a bit.anyway...im content..32gb ram, 16 used for primo cache, and this 1070 rather then dual 290x...took me from "i really need to upgrade this platform" to "what was i saying?" and him...well...once hes got a more reliable psu, im expecting we can get at least 4.4-4.5 on that board....(done it myself on a worse chip then that one....thats actually a pretty good chip...4.6 at 1.416-1.425v on a first gen sabertooth with a lazy overclock....higher....dont bother...not worth the effort or stress on the board imho....

crap...typed way to damn much again.

i will say, between windows build updates and this driver, my min fps in dx9-11 titles have gotten not only better but more consistent...havent seen below 70fps at 4k dsr on a dx9 or 11 title other then an mmo with this driver yet... mostly 90+... considering i normally prefer to run triplebuffered vsync... not only for lack of taring but, also lack of input lag..i think im good when i decide to enable it again in those titles....

havent tested any new titles, since, i dont buy new titles anymore....burned to many times by beta crap released as gold, then never fully patched up... gets old....

im glad that despite some buggy released, at least im seeing progress, and decent releases among the "oh god, why you do dis" drivers....(several locked me at around 1300mhz core max, no matter what i did... ddu didnt even fix it... going back to old drivers and blocking windows update with group policy to notify only...helped alot...as it had with my dual 290x setup amd drove me off of with horrible drivers for a year running...having to drop back to the 16.11.5's is driving a few of my friends crazy, including the one i sold my 290x's to...i got a chuckle a least, i warned him.. ;)

15. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    First time ever got a bluescreen in GTAV (or any time since 2014!) thanks to 388.31.

The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80c4740926d, 0xffffdc0b7dbcb9c0, 0x0000000000000000)
    Bucket ID: 0x3B_nvlddmkm!tlsEntryAcquire

16. slimmy427

slimmy427 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid 1080ti
    I never denied anyones info! I reacted to "YOU" in a very poor way. Also....LMFAO!!! a crusade!?! Do you even recall what that means? You are acting as if you are a victim of something here. What is it? I stated my "opinion" and never once spoke in absolutes, Like I have received. The biggest surprise of all!!!....you ready for this...hold your sensation to a minimum please...I love my GTX 1070! by far the best purchase I've made. You have made so many assumptions... I suggest you go back and read all my posts and witness the progression for yourself.

I let myself be angered enough to act like an asshole once by you. I am done now. Your love for Nvidia is clinical! You couldn't even see in my profile that I'm part of your religion "crusade" LOL!!!! F*ckin Martyrdom!

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    0x3B is usually memory corruption or some formof instability of memory system like CPU imc, etc.

18. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Can we take these "debates" to private msg in future? Cheers.

BangTail and TheDeeGee like this.
  19. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    I want him banned permanently. He's a symptom of today's internet and should not be welcome here. Please mods do not let this infection continue on Guru 3D.

Mufflore, Aura89 and Redemption80 like this.
  20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders

elite69 likes this.