Intel Z390 motherboard spotted in SiSoft Database

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We already talked a little about the fact that Intel will be releasing another chipset called Z390 later this year. That is next to Coffee lake 6-core processors on the Z370 platform. The Z390 has sur...

Intel Z390 motherboard spotted in SiSoft Database

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. The Edge

The Edge Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super
    WOW, however I'm already afraid of those price levels. This will surely be way more expensive mobo+CPU combo than Ryzen 7.

3. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Why a new chipset for an 8 core version of Coffee Lake? Is the 8 core variant seriously not supported by Z370 or something!?

I literally only just bought the Z370 Apex! Be a joke if the 8 core won't work in it

4. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Fixed

CrazY_Milojko and Matt26LFC like this.

5. Bigbeard1986

Bigbeard1986 Guest

GPU:
    16gb
    this is horrible. so many new chipsets make brand new mobos obsolete.

It is no surprise intel is an Israeli company...explains all of their conniving, back stabbing, money grabbing actions.

6. FeDaYin

FeDaYin Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780 ref.
    Z270 for 4-core, Z370 for 6-core, Z390 for 8-core, X299 for 10-core, sounds legit, it's Intel we are talking about.

Matt26LFC likes this.
  7. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    That's Intels idea of a joke and it ain't funny. I seem to remember reading about this a couple of months back, I couldn't believe what I was reading but it appears to be true. Intel are bloody numpties :mad:

Still, I'm looking forward to the Ryzen refresh and maybe swap out my 1600X if the mood takes me (and my bank allows it!). The AM4 platform makes far more sense.

Matt26LFC likes this.
  8. shamus21

shamus21 Member Guru

GPU:
    To

To be honest transitional periods are not the best time to be upgrading better to wait 12 months or so.

9. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    I would not be surprised if you need the new chipset for 8 core, the 6 core eats into the socket 2066 6 core sells as it is already, so they have to keep the price up on the 8 core Coffee lake to not eat out of the 2066 8 core sells.

Matt26LFC likes this.
  10. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    [​IMG]

11. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Are you actually being serious?

If you walk into a dealership and take a model they have on the floor and a new model comes out 3 months later, whose fault is it that you didn't ask?

Long before the coffeelake cpus came out there were articles on guru3d and on the web about how there would be 2 chipsets and that the 390 was supposed to be separate and have support for an 8 core cpu that the 370 did not.

I personally thought it meant an 8 core coffeelake later on but now peope are speculating it will be an icelake cpu but I still knew about it before there were any benches or reviews for coffeelake, and it has influenced my decision to wait if possible.

If as a consumer you have any self respect you should research before buying. I didn't even go looking for the the 390 chipset /8 core articles, there has been a bunch on here.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Holly Molly another one :eek: ! how many chipsets Intel needs on such a short amount of time ??? o_O

Matt26LFC likes this.
  13. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    As many as people are willing to buy.
    This chipset has to be the most reduntant chipset ever made i dont even know what to think about these releases lately from intel.

Matt26LFC likes this.
  14. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    It's terrible that another chipset needs to exist just so it can support an 8 core! It was bad enough that the Z370 needs to exist because of the change in pins, which could probably have been worked around. Wonder what the reason is this time!

I bought the Apex for XOC so it's not much of an issue for me I can just sell it after I've done 6 core and get Z390 if need/want to. Just thinking of others that have bought Z370 with potentially no upgrade path to an 8 core chip on it! As long as Z370 supports 8 core all should be OK, if not, well that's not good really is it

chispy likes this.
  15. R0H1T

R0H1T Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 750Ti
    Yes it wasn't just for a change in pins, contrary to popular belief (that this was done at the behest of motherboard manufacturers) this was purely Intel greed at its finest!
    https://www.bit-tech.net/features/tech/motherboards/asus-interview-andrew-wu-rog-motherboard-pm/1

Matt26LFC likes this.

16. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Every chipset from intel has only been good for one generation for like 15 years. The only way you could get 2 cpus out of it is if you were one of those 'a cheap man pays twice' buyers who buy an i5 and then upgrade to an i7 from the same generation. In the business we call these people idiots...

Anyone who buyers an intel chipset expecting 2 generations out of it doesn't have any self respect as a consumer and has done no research.

I'm glad for the constant board refreshes, it means the tech is always up to date. Coffee lake motherboards have 3x m.2 slots on almost all of them, that's what I upgrade for more than a cpu.

17. kruno

kruno Master Guru

GPU:
    4890/1
    And i dare you to use those 3 m.2 slots and post screenshots of your glorious result of 3 m.2 SSD's choking behind 1x4 PCIE 3.0 link.:):):)

Matt26LFC likes this.
  18. Dwwolf

Dwwolf Guest

GPU:
    R380X
    I knew Intel likes milking platform changes...but hell this is the 3rd performance class chipset in less than a year....

19. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    This is getting beyond ridiculous. 8-cores would be perfectly compatible with LGA1151 and even Z270, they just don't want to allow people that freedom. If it weren't for a necessitated Win7 compatibility, I'd be on Ryzen right now. And I'll be upgrading my backup rig to Raven Ridge when that comes out, anyway.

20. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Lol how ignorant.

Even my z170 board from over 2 years ago is currently running 2 m.2 drives at full 3.0 4x speed as well as my graphics card at full 3.0 x16 speed.

A 950 pro 512gb and a 2tb 960 pro.

All z370 boards with 3 m.2 drives run them at full speed.

It's so funny to see people with stone age board features making claims about new boards features that are false.

Tell me what software you want me to verify the pci speeds with and I'll post a screenshot with them all in one, just for you my stone age friend.

Here is it, I couldn't have 2 instances of crystal disk info open so I have GPUz, crystal disk info and a crystal disk mark bencmark of the 960 pro all in one, thanks for playing champ.
    [​IMG]

I'll be getting a third m.2 drive with my icelake build when the samsung 980 series comes out. it will also be running at full speed.

This reminds me of AM3, when amd owners said that dd2 support lingering for years and a lack of ddr3 support was a blessing to customer, thanks to the 'longevity' of that ageing platform it had dated ram, pci, usb and everything else.

Technology moves forwards, with or without you, feel free to sit it out but don't lie to yourself that cutting edge z370/390 boards run m.2 drives at x1 speed when it just false.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017