GeForce 388.31 WHQL Game ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Ancymon

Ancymon Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Good drivers so far.

2. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    This driver is causing stuttering for me in wolfenstein the new colossus!

3. slimmy427

slimmy427 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid 1080ti
    The issue with providing definitive proof is with the parity and consistency over years. Yes I can do a google search and provide you with benchmark listing only to be debunked with the the argument "the test was done on two different systems"

Since you seem to be in the know on myth and fiction...you must have seen proof that there was no performance loss. Lets race! See who can produce true factual and unbiased results. I'll start...this was posted in sept of 2014. lets see if you can match it!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  4. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    I do remember and, oh boy, kinda regret for recomending MSI GTX 780 Lightning to a good friend of mine instead of MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning few years ago. At that time he was kickin' (still is) his Core i7-2600K OC'ed to 4.6GHz with HT enabled (someone else recomended him: "...that 2600K is still 4 core CPU, ffs buy "pure 8 core" AMD FX 8350!!!..." but he decided to listen to my advice and bought 2600K, still helluva fast CPU for games and everything else @ 4.6GHz HT). Yes, 780 Lightning was almighty faster than any 290X out there, quite cooler and much more silent card, AMD had nothing against it. To be honest both of us we were laughing at issues 290/290X cards had at launch and more than few months after, issues with those well known black screens, driver issues, they were way hoter and louder cards... Some year and half later iirc AMD nailed most if not all issues with 290/290X drivers, drivers were way more matured and performance of these started to catch up with 780/780Ti cards. And look at these 290/290/390/390X cards now after few years since they were launched: still offering great performance for 1080p and 1440p gaming in latest games, for some games even in 2160p, just check few latest game reviews here on Guru3D: in 1440p and 2160p at least on pair with RX480/580 cards, sometimes even competing with Fury's and 980Ti, Jesus Christ! I don't remember ANY other graphics card so far that has matured so well and I'm into PC gaming since first 486 CPU's, first VESA Local Bus graphic cards... Well done job AMD, well done...

slimmy427 and grimmute like this.

5. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Excellent driver release. Have run into absolutely ZERO problems w/ these drivers. Performance in Final Fantasy XIV, Wolfenstein: The New Collosus, and The Division are up significantly on my system. No graphical glitches and SLI seems to be working better with my two Titan X (Pascal) cards. Stuttering and framerate drops have been reduced massively too.

I am VERY happy with this driver. Great job Nvidia!!

6. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I am happy with this driver as well, my DX 11 games feel smoother. Good job!

vdelvec likes this.
  7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    He did benchmarks with the 480, and that falls below the 980 at every resolution.
    It seems to be difficult to find other Destiny 2 benchmarks on older hardware though.

There was a period that older Nvidia cards were falling behind in certain games, but with new games Maxwell cards are doing very well.

Anyone tried Destiny 2 on Maxwell as i dont own it yet?

8. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    If anything Nvidia just fixed a glitch, other reviewers showed with all setting set to "highest", VEGA 64 is faster than GTX 1080 but lower to "high" GTX 1080 is faster.

https://www.g.a.m.e.r.s.n.e.x.u.s.net/game-bench/3096-destiny-2-gpu-benchmark-launch-performance-uplift

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I don't notice any improvements in Destiny 2 after installing these. I used DDU also just in case.

10. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Something is fishy (on driver level for sure) if you ask me when you take a look at Guru3D Destiny 2 bechmark: RX 570 outperforming RX 480 in 1080p, wtf is that!? In 1440p and 2160p fps difference between RX 570 vs RX 480 is just insane in favour of RX 570, this must be something driver related, no other reasonable explanation for this.

Let's not talk about this here anymore and hijack this NVidia driver thread.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017

11. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    OMG so this is what was causing stuttering in Forza 7 and probably many other games for me. Damn, at least it's fixed now.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I thought that as well, but as I was unable to find other benchmarks we don't have much to go on.

True, but as someone with an older card, i just wanted to state that it's
    untrue that Maxwell cards are of little use with new games and/or Nvidia drivers.

13. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Completely agree with that, 2nd generation of Maxwell cards like 970 and 980 especially those highly OC'ed ones are still very capable cards for 1080p and 1440p gaming.

Now let's get back to these 388.31 drivers: anyone here switched from 385.41 to these 388.31 willing to share experience? Still rockin' old 385.41 on few rigs at home, rock solid drivers so far, can't complain on anything. Now after reading mostly possitive comments about 388.31 that driver update bug starts to itching me way more compared with other drivers past 385.41.

14. modjo81

modjo81 New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 970 4gb
    Garbage driver for bf1.Still sttuter with gtx 1080.back to 385.f..ck nvidia all 388 drivers are garbage

15. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    SLI with Battlefront 2 is not working for me... working for anyone else?

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    same , tried 4k ultra settings and i got 50fps in the farm with a lot players around , 60 to 75fps in other places while fighting

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm seeing a huge performance drop in Hitman here - but this is likely because of the GOTY 1.13.2 patch they've released not so long ago.

[​IMG]

18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Well, if you install say 387.92, does your performance return?

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    What I have seen is there is no evidence to support the claim by you and others that there is a performance REGRESSION for Nvidia's older uarch. So, you need to prove to us that the performance for Kepler, for example, has declined in games based on drivers. In other words, you are asserting a game like Battlefield 3 runs worse on Kepler because newer drivers make it perform worse. Prove it.

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Feel free to check, I don't play Hitman right now and don't want to downgrade just to see if this drop is due to game's update or new drivers.
    1.13.2 has totally new lighting which looks a lot more contrast and saturated compared to all previous versions of the game so I tend to think that this drop is because of the changes introduced in GOTY patch.

Can you? Lets see these benchmarks first and then we'll see about the difference in systems.

A. Yes, in fact I have, several times:
    https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017/02/08/nvidia_video_card_driver_performance_review/3
    https://www.overclockers.ru/lab/713...okart-nvidia-protiv-drajverov-raznyh-let.html

B. Since it's you who's making a claim it's your job to prove it, not mine to disprove it. This is how it works.

I don't see what I should be matching here, sorry. This graph does not prove your words.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Shady757 likes this.