Nvidia GeForce 388.13 WHQL Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Oct 30, 2017.

1. OpenSystem

OpenSystem Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Sorry its when I read, https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/n...wnload-discussion.417625/page-19#post-5492022 and then https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/n...wnload-discussion.417625/page-19#post-5492029

Its all good, I apologise.

Just frustrated that this new driver introduced the stuttering/shuttering/micro-stutter.

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    My rig is also on x79 chipset.
    Off-topic
    What SATA drivers? Have you tried IvyBridge-E CPUs? They have better implementation of PCI-E and a little bit cooler than SandyBridge-E.

3. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    During x79 released, I don't even able to afford it.

Overall, the gaming experience with this driver is not smooth enough & let's hope the next WHQL will fix it!

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Being stuck on the v388.00 driver due to the stuttering/microstuttering issue with this driver, it's disappointing that NVIDIA have not released their usual hotfix driver. I can't help thinking that I am getting less performance in Wolfenstein II and Assassin's Creed: Origins because the driver I am forced to use is not the Game-Ready one for those games. This is the first time that I can recall in years where I've had to stick with an older driver due to issues with the latest one. :(

5. Thelmet

Thelmet Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    no Battlefront 2 driver today?

6. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    It's in a loot box.

Xtreme512 likes this.
  7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Why today? The game's official release date is 17th.

8. Thelmet

Thelmet Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    elite edition released today. don't drivers usually come out on tuesdays?

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I don't think that NV cares for "pay more to play two days earlier" editions.

Not that I've noticed.

10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Do you have some micro stuttering in COD WWII with 388.13 , all of you have ? but only in single player . in Zombies multi I don't have. I'm using all MAX 4K + HDR all other options are ON like the cache ones.

For me with the Drivers I'm already checked every single driver, I have the best DPC latency I get right now which I still test every time.

From Network Perspective I think I have the best you can get in terms of network hardware and drivers , so they should affect anything in anyway . SolarFlare SFN6122F + All Offload enabled + Windows RSC + Chimney Network Stack . I don't have the crappy Intel network card which causes crap DPC issues. Anyway there are still many more things to check.

Not everyone can update the MEI drivers , I have old system which I didn't yet to replace P8Z77 Asus with 3770K and using higher MEI driver than 9.5 have weird effects for me. I don't we even need the MEI drivers installed . I want to buy AMD ThreadRipper 1950X soon when I know there won't be anything better, then the DPC won't even budge.

11. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    KB4048955 (16299.64);
    • The addressed issue that causes a black screen to appear when you switch between windowed and full-screen modes when playing some Microsoft DirectX games.
    I'm not sure this related to MPC-HC (FSE mode) & I really hope it fixed the issue.

@X7007 If you're more into gaming, avoid going for ThreadRipper or even Ryzen.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  12. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
  13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That tweet is gone now 8)

14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Did it fix your issue ?

Why not going Threadripper, low single thread performance ? some games do have low single performance . but they are almost higher than 90 and I don't think I need more than 90 fps . I want the Cores so the system will always run top performance no matter what. I build systems for at least 3-4 years . not every year upgrade like Intel want.

15. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070

16. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Yeah, I think so & unable to reproduced anymore. Let's try the new 388.31 WHQL.

If money is not an issue for you & do you really need a workstation?

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
  18. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Yes, it's not just workstation, it's also Quad Channel memory which is more speed. it's also more Cores and soon games will need that , not in the far too future, the close one. also when you do anything with the computer it always need resources and 4-6 cpu's are just don't enough for anything. if there was Intel 8 cpus then I would think otherwise, but I don't trust intel anymore with their greedy 4 cpu 6 years run . they could do 6-8 cpus ages ago.

19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    SandyBridge-E, IvyBridge-E? You may say ancient. They have quad channel too. I sit on lga2011 since release (just upgraded from SB-E to IB-E), and have no issues in apps (games mostly, but I am not ultra settings chaser).

20. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    I posted it in this thread but I get stutters in Destiny 2 and it locks to 30fps when I activate Fullscreen & Window mode in nvidia control panel. New drivers are up now, so trying them now.

Cheers