Assassin’s Creed Origins

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 21, 2017.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    so what are ur recommendations since to me i barely notice aliasing while TAA in games, my only problem is cs go, the fences would still have some shimmering if i dont use 4x msaa

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    If it's not downsampling then how do you explain the increase in FPS? I played for an hour last night and I can totally play at 4K now with the FPS sticking at 60 for 95% of the time which is really good. The only things that makes the FPS drop is torch light meeting normal light, some close up cut-scenes (others are super stuttery but the FPS is normal, so it's a bug) and sometimes through heavy combat.

The stutter ppl talk about is still there from time to time but it's less than when playing at 1440p without AA. I'm happy :)

3. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    RIP my 6700k usage 80-90 frequently sometimes hit 100 , GPU Usage stay 98. what happening ?? because LOD geometry ,cloth physic simulation etc using CPU power ?? i am still don't believe with DRM thing because if game is cracked, DRM still there only developer can remove then no hope performance fix with patch in the future

btw one of the best assassins creed series :) ,impressive open world i've ever played since released the witcher 3 wild hunt. glad they change combat system

yup used torch light when in cave make high GPU usage. i've noticed too, when opening real time cutscene is stutter

4. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @Susahamat It's more than LOD and Cloth Physics, there is a lot of small details too with the water and the enviroment that takes it to a GTA level, but demanding much more ofc.

Might be a good ideia to play with locked framerate if you can manage.
    Cheers

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I am playing this game on a 27" 2560x1440 monitor and haven't notice any aliasing at all and I'm sat literally in front of the screen. Jaggies are such a non-issue with this due to the superb temporal AA used that I'm not even bothered any more about running at downsampled near 4K/140% scaling or 3584x2016 (which I do for games if I have the performance to spare). This game is simply superb and one of the best open world games I've played this year (better IMO than either Zelda: Breath of the Wild or Horizon Zero Dawn... and sorry Elex you're at the bottom end of my list!).

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You are just running DSR and have AA disabled right?

7. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    LuckyNumber8 likes this.
  8. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    Cutscenes run like crap one of my reasons for getting a refund. I have lost all faith with ubisoft poor ports constantly its a shame because the game looks to be great.

9. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    That sounds like a big issue. Were they just low fps or something? Strange because this is probably one of the best pc ports of AC I have played.

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i d probably buy this for ps4, since its 3rd person very playable with a controller and framrate at least is a stable and fixed one with graphics preset.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    It's only close-up cut-scenes and not all of them. The problem isn't low FPS, its some kind of stutter plaguing the otherwise enjoyable experience. I must check RTSS next time since I assume frame times go through the roof.

It's not like the game is completely broken on PC or anything like that. I'm actually having quite an enjoyable experience most of the time. Sure, there are small things here and there but since the majority of the game works fine, I'll just keep playing. I've read reports of users not being able to play at all due to various reasons but why they have such a crappy experience, i do not know. I bet many of those cases are driver problems, heat problems and the sort.

12. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I noticed there's a VSYNC option in the Nvidia drivers now, called 'FAST'. Now that gives me the best performance in AC Origins ive ever had. Tried normal Vsync or adaptive but all to no avail.

Try FAST lads.

13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Lol, fast sync is old..

14. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Anyone tried this with the new nvidia drivers yet?

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    tried it now @ 4k maxed ( low AA ) no change at all

16. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Patch 1.05 incoming!

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    performance with the new drivers @ 4k maxed

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i think witcher 3 has better fighting scenarios and sequences, here it doesn;t look like it s very realistic when u fight some people...

19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Shame you can't lock on without the immersion breaking crosshair, other than that I find combat very enjoyable, just wish there was dismemberment!

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    For anyone playing at 1440p or 2160p - there are reports of LoD texture problems in close proximity tied to camera angles. I read about it on the official forums and noticed it myself yesterday (4K/High preset).

You need to find a road or something where the ground texture is visible and not cluttered with foliage. You also need to find a bump in the road (an object wont do). Then move the down and you'll see that the ground texture just left/right/down of Bayek will at some point completely loose all detail and become very blurry. You might even notice a shimmer between sharpness and blurriness.

It's probably easier to find such a spot in the desert sands or close to mountains but I've found them in cities too. Moving the camera from a top down view to an angled one will change the appearance of the ground texture. This "trick" apparently doesn't work at 1080p (not confirmed by myself).

I personally don't notice this when gaming but it's noticeable if you know where to look.