Nvidia GeForce 388.13 WHQL Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Oct 30, 2017.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    We're not discussing random variation. The point is the xeon IS BINNED FOR LOWER VID. It isn't random, it's a SELLING POINT FOR THE PRODUCT. So, again, your claim it is a myth is wrong. I don't get what you're arguing.

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    A Xeon 1240v3 with a >1.3v vid.
    Stock 4770 VID can be as low a 1.18 give or take.

This was compared across several similarly built hp workstations.

Random variance makes it that the claim of VID is selling point is a moot point.
    Random variance can make standard i7 less than a xeon.

Point is, xeon vid is not always lower; there is no selling point here.

I certainly don't see intel selling xeon products with advertisements of lower VID because frankly it doesn't matter.

3. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
  4. sideeffect

sideeffect Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 3070
    Yes problem is if you have RGB full (Dynamic Range) selected before, after you disable the HDR toggle in MS settings it goes to RGB limited.

When going from Nvidia RGB full to default colour settings in Nvidia control Panel it retains full dynamic range.

So I have to end up switching from nvidia RGB full to default colours then enabling HDR toggle then doing whole process in reverse every time I want to play a HDR game which sucks. o_O

5. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It'll be Ohms, obviously.

6. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    had this with my 1080 when starting heaven benchmark

7. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    Thanks for trying. It still happens for me and I have had to disable G-Sync and live with tearing.
    If you need any further information from me, dxdiag output etc just send me a PM.

Cheers

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Will The Division dx12 alt+tab crash ever be fixed??

Just go one now by start of the game.. It lost focus and switched to windowed, I have 2-3sec time to alt+enter FS otherwise it crashes later. Nvm later ingame, insta crash if I go back to game. Dx11 all fine.

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Also there are coulomb, farad, weber, tesla, henry and siemens - all related to electricity or magnetics

Dragondale13 likes this.
  10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I keep the Default Color and my TV automatically do the changes . for me the TV is always set to Dynamic Range FULL or Black Level /LOW and the Computer is set to Limited . then it doesn't matter because almost all the Default modes are Limited only so in HDR it's limited anyway. and it stays all the times.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017

11. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Yes when lauching serious sam fusion or the evil within 2 i saw this also really quick.

12. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Asus PG279Q no HDR , Its quite random

13. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Ok, i figured it out.

Nvidia drivers are good. The stuttering you're getting isn't from the Nvidia drivers. Its because you haven't updated your intel drivers. Basically if you're updated to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you'll need to update your intel drivers, most importantly the chipset, mei and firmware, rst and lan. If you don't you'll get odd bugs as stuttering in games, audio cut outs from youtube when you minimize and so on.. I repeat, nvidia made a great driver here but its tuned up for the fall creators update so if you haven't updated your chipset drivers and so on.. you're going to run into issues.

Where am i going to get the drivers? Well, most manufacturers don't update it, and nvidia can't really hold your hands on every little issue you're getting ( We're supposed to be guru's right? we're using this forum) Aside from that i'll help ya out.. for the Z170 that is.. Asus updates the drivers and shows you which ones to get... Also update the mei firmware while you're at it.. check stationdrivers forums to install the new firmware

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/HelpDesk_Download/

Go here and if you got z170 board, download these. Should update you and get you up to spec and pumped. Shouldn't run into any issues from new nvidia drivers and up..

Your welcome.

..I'm on 388.13 and its running okay (no weird frame hitching, no youtube video cutting out when minimizing chrome etc). uninstalled 388.00, i guess this old driver don't utilize the upgrades the new one has aka 388.13.

Anyway, manualg, can you guys fix the performance in bioshock 1 (not remastered) weird pauses? thanks for fixing the texture bugs with the slot machine using dx10.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  14. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @snight01 Yeah, I agreed with you, but 388.13 performance is not good enough & majority of them doesn't believe the Intel drivers will solve their issue.

15. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Hey i didn't believe at first, but oddly after a few troubleshooting, i figured it cant be nvidia drivers. So i narrowed it down to the intel drivers.. gigabyte doesnt update their drivers... Station drivers are helpful but i can't seem to narrow it down any further. Then came Good ol' asus... Did a fresh install/secure erase to validate testing and yep... it works.

Remember i just dont narrow down to intel drivers i test every single part of my system and clocks to make sure nothing is causing the issue. After all the troubleshooting.. it narrowed down to intel and the new O/S update not nvidia.. i found it silly downgrading to 388.00...

endbase likes this.

16. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    I mentioned before, but nobody trust me. Actually, 388.13 is pretty decent & left some bugs to be fixed. If the driver is not playable, NVIDIA should have pulled down.

Majority users don't like to update the motherboard BIOS. E.g. Your Z170 Deluxe BIOS change-log.

ME Update tool
    Intel has identified security issue that could potentially place impacted platform at risk. Use ME Update tool to update your ME.
    *We suggest you update ME Driver to the latest Version 11.7.0.1040 simultaneously.

17. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    I did not have any trouble with this driver but asus launched an firmware update for ME a few days ago saying that there was an vulnerbility with the old intel firmware so figure that out hehe

18. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    ^^AMD chipset issue.

19. OpenSystem

OpenSystem Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    How can it be intel/amd and not nvidia?

It's like night and day 388.00 vs 388.13 regarding micro-stutter 388.13 introducing the stutter.

If you're right, that means anyone on older hardware cant avoid the stuttering issue introduced with 388.13 and future drivers.

I'm on an x79 chipset.

And before anyone says its old and not powerful enough, its simply not true with a good overclock.

20. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    The 388.xx have a lot of bugs & I've mentioned a few of them that I'm able to reproduced it.

Regarding the shuttering might be related more to Microsoft itself. By the way, I didn't say anything about older hardware will cause shuttering. :confused: