Mozilla Firefox, new releases, Add-Ons, tips for customisation

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by CrazY_Milojko, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    of coarse I still using avast I to lazy to change to BD free, there was update to Avast yesterday on my uncles pc, it sure didnt fix the slow as image loading the current avast has had for like 6 months in the main menu. i will check and see if it fixed gmail website issue

is FF57 holding up to it speed hype of being faster then chrome?

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It is for me, better IMO

--
    Final? :D
    https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/57.0/win64/

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/57.0/win32/

CrazY_Milojko and RzrTrek like this.
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Extraordinary likes this.

5. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    For those with Firefox 57.0 who were (like me) tinkering with processCount integer via about:config and now don't have neither AdBlock Plus icon in toolbar menu or/and Option button for AdBlock Plus in Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions menu + on the top of that AdBlock is completely unfunctional make sure to via about:config revert this integer: dom.ipc.processCount.extension ..to default value: 1

After that close or restart Firefox and AdBlock Plus is there again on toolbar, same as Option for it, enter Option menu and configure filters as you wish.

Other three integers with processCount in their names set as you wish, most important one: dom.ipc.processCount ...definitely likes higher values, lets say number of cores/threads your CPU has, I think everybody here already are aware of this.

Jackalito likes this.
  6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    This is now better than chrome, finally.

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    As always, thanks for the links, but NoScript still won't run on Firefox Quantum.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Coming through now, just updated :)

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Need to wait for the NoScript dev to update the addon

10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Just downloaded Firefox Quantum for testing...I am long time Chrome user with no problems.

11. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Yep, out of some 11 - 14 Add-ons here on my side total of 4 are fully working so far after switching to Firefox 57.0, other 2/3 of Add-ons I was using are on hold for now in non-functional legacy extensions group. Nothing to be panicked about, although I miss additional TabMixPlus options and Classic Theme Restorer options for full customization but guess it'll pass few days, week or two maybe for most of well known Add-ons and devs are going to rewrite/update those to meet WebExtensions standards. Guess there are still some workarounds to enable legacy Add-ons on Firefox 57 (hate to bother, does extensions.legacy.enabled ...via: about:config ...works in FF57?) but this time I'm not gonna mess with it, I'll wait as long as it should for all needed Add-ons to be updated.

So far speed and everything else about Firefox Quantum is really impressive if you ask me, no problems so far.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Only add-on i use is uBlock :D

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    No way to enable legacy addons now afaik, I was using it for multiprocess & legacy in FF56 but it didn't work with 57

I went from over a dozen addons to 6 and tbh I don't miss the others, only one I hope gets updated was an image rehoster addon that allowed me to right click any image on any site and rehost it to imgur having the new URL copied to clip in the process, was handy for making new build threads etc

fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    gona missing the full theme's I really hate the current "themes" "dark" theme like all the other themes like this DONT change the color the drop down menu's or change the color the "options" menus. which one of the MAIN reason why I used the FULL THEMES

"Dark" theme that use tons of white are not "dark"

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I want my old start page back. yah i dont like this new lay out and I hate it even more cause the "dark" theme dont make everything dark like the full themes did

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I was using ChromeFX, so just using the default one now that it started with, and the Black Gray White / Desktop, Mobile Theme (Persona) i found.

18. kretex

kretex Member

GPU:
    RX 500 Series 2Gb
    I use FlashStopper Extension in FF56.
    And now that extension Not compatible with FF57Firefox Quantum :(:(:confused:
    [​IMG]

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I will have to check it out but if i cant find "theme" that makes the drop down menus dark along with the other menus, Im gona be annoyed for quite some time. I knew this coming and was hoping my wasnt gona trigger my OCD but it did.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.