Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 17.11.1 driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by JonasBeckman, Nov 3, 2017.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  2. Portman87

Portman87 Member Guru

GPU:
    NITRO RX 480 8GB
    The UVD bug is still present for 1st gen GCN GPUs. :(

3. wuest3nfuchs

wuest3nfuchs Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6800xt Pulse
    @OnnA

Looks like you did unlock your fury into a fury x? :eek:
    And if thats impressive man !

My guess for the new driverset is today evening or tomorrow when EA releases NFS Payback, already loading it. ;)

btw raja is now on team blue (intel) :confused:

OnnA likes this.
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    You need to believe :p and anything can happen (or: Still Dreaming (Anything Can Happen) - Trust in Trance )

5. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    Today i played BF1 for the first time since They Shall Not Pass. In The Name of Tsar maps runs like crap. I recognized that my CPU can't handle this.
    Extreme Combat = 40FPS (Vanilla maps works great, minimum 80 FPS in extreme combat) So i give chance to DX12 (Mantle was great in BF4, when your CPU was crap) and guess what. New maps runs just like vanilla maps, greatly performance. I rubbed my eyes, but not, it wasn't dream. When i tested DX12 before i always had lower performance than in DX11 mode. Just wow.

OnnA likes this.
  6. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Interesting!
    What CPU/GPU do you have?

7. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    i5-5675C OC'ed to 4.1GHz with eDRAM OC'ed to 2000MHz (yes, it's possible and give little boost in game)
    R9 Fury 1070/600 with tMOD.
    And 16GB RAM 2400MHz CL11.
    Im really confused why new maps have terrible performance in DX11 for me...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Not sure if this is a bug with these drivers or all drivers since the "GPU Workload" option was added but often when I switch from Compute so I can play something it then says "no AMD drivers installed" and requires a reboot before I can play a game, anyone else getting this problem please? :)

Edit: I should add I only have one card so I'm not using Crossfire.

9. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Can someone replicate crashes in Firefox with this driver opening: http://radio.garden/live/
    It hapens almost every time few seconds after entering Radio Garden with message Display Driver Stopped responding etc.

latest Firefox 56.0.2 64bit
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X 8G
    GPU driver Crimson ReLive 17.11.1 for Win7 64bit (I know, no official 17.11.1 for RX 4xx series for Win8.1 64bit but I've installed these Win7 64bit drivers on Win8.1 64bit without problem and everything else is rock stable with these: games, benchmarks...)

Chastity likes this.
  10. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    I'm using Firefox Quantum Beta and i have just message about requires WebGL, but if this site not lying http://webglreport.com/ my browser supports both WebGL version. Maybe WebGL itself causing your crash?

11. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Thanks. I'll try to give it a go this weekend and check for myself as the last time I tried BF1 on DirectX 12 the stuttering, especially over the first minutes of a game, was such a mess.

It's working for me properly without any crashes.
    Firefox 56.0.2 64bit
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 16299.19 (Fall Creators Update)
    Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8G
    And of course, these drivers for Windows 10.

12. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Thanks guys! Think I'm going to revert to official 17.3.1 for Win81 64bit, they were working flawlessly. I know there are newer Win8.1 64bit drivers available: 17.4.4 WHQL and 17.7.1 Beta, maybe I'll try one of these two or just wait a bit for official Firefox 57 or Crimson ReLive 17.11.2 for Win7 64bit. Guess Win7 64bit version of 17.11.1 have some issues after the're installed on Win8.1 64bit.

Btw no crashes with these 17.11.1 on latest stable build of Chrome 64bit on Radio Garden.

@ z8373767
    That's weird, WebGL is supported by Firefox long time ago, not sure about latest FF 57 still in Beta stage (November 14th official FF57 should be out).

13. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Yeah I know. There shouldn't have been a problem removing the AMD folder manually either but for some reason with 17.10.3 I got an error when trying to uninstall. I never had that problem before. I do recall some here posting uninstall problems. I'll chalk it up to that for that prior driver release.

The fix was to restore the AMD folder and it uninstalled without problem. Problem was that I had already uninstalled 17.10.3 and rebooted when it happened, LOL!

------------------------------------
    I need some help with the latest FF 56.0.2 32 bit. For example. In this thread someone embedded a video:
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/r...11-1-driver-download-discussion.417726/page-3
    Every time I go to that page I get a 2+ second freeze where FF is unresponsive (Can't scroll up or down with middle mouse wheel) until the video loads on screen. Chrome and other apps don't have this problem.

The same thing happens in youtube. You go to Youtube, click on something you want to see and there is a 5-10 second pause where FF is completely unresponsive until the image comes up on screen. Even the red loading bar at the top of the screen pauses while loading. Making everything on FF non responsive. Using other apps this is not a problem.

------------------------
    Edit:
    I've seem to have fixed the problem:
    -Delete then Increase Cache Web Content
    I saw that it was at using 349mb and had a max of 350mb.

This should help others who were thinking, like me, it had something to do with drivers and hardware acceleration for FF. AKA Performance in FF Options settings.

Edit 2:
    Nope, that was not a fix.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    AMD 17.10.3 I believe was the driver that removed the INext folder from the program components, I haven't run into any issues with that myself though but I do not know why it was removed although the installer manages to create the "C:\Program Files\AMD\CIM\BIN64" folder even without this, possibly using the Bin folder for the driver installer directly?

C:\Downloads\AMD_Display\Packages\Apps\

That folder depending on where you unpack the driver installer, I remove the unneeded parts before installing the driver so it's kept to a minimum but most of these things can be unticked as long as you don't do a express install. :)
    (Though well the installer was a integral part for earlier drivers so AMD must have changed something more major around in the newest drivers to just be able to remove that.)

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    @JonasBeckman 17.11.2 Link you post yesterday now have only white blank page... :confused:

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Just wanted to say thx for the site's link. Been enjoying a Rock radio station in Dublin, Ireland. :D

17. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
  18. wotan

wotan Member

GPU:
    PowerColor R9 390Pcs+8GB
    Hmm ok on this Driver I had my first Crash ever with Forza Motorsport 7...and with Forza H3 same Problem with the long loadingtimes@Start..on all my other Games Driver works.

19. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I used it for a little while but went back to 17.10.3, crashes in cod ww2, jittery play in formula 1 2017 and fifa 18 also it doesnt work right with mph-hc I get a green line down one side of the screen

20. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    There have been a few updates to Xbox game bar. If you are using win10 hit the window key and G at the same time and turn off game Mode.

For the first time since it's inception I've been noticing odd stuttering with it enabled. Before it was seem to offer nothing or slightly improve game play when there were over 100 processes in task manager. I have no idea what they did but it's now worst then before. And, you have to keep in mind that it does have a profile for certain games. So you have to check to see if it "auto enabled" even though you didn't turn it on.