Download: MSI AfterBuner 4.4.0 Final/Stable

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 1, 2017.

1. [ITA]Piso

[ITA]Piso Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 4GB Ref.
    Hello, thanks for the update. Does it work with the latest AMD drivers?

2. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    4.4.0's RTSS still causing UWP blackout.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I don’t think so. If you do - just stay on the previous release and leave UWP support for those who can use it please.

4. Berke53

Berke53 Active Member

GPU:
    2x ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC
    Thank you for the continuous updates. Love this application.

5. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    No need to be rude. A man sees what he sees. But seems it's MS Store app itself bugs heavily.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Offer to avoid using new functionality, if you believe that it is broken and insist on it is not rude. Nobody is forcing you to use it, let me develop new versions and just work for those who find it useful please.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I like the OSD and inclusion of graphic could be usefull

8. XPredator13

XPredator13 Guest

GPU:
    Strix GTX 1080ti
    guys im getting microstutter in bf1 when using afterburner. Everytime it pulls information, it gives a stutter. Looks like polling rate issues. Anyone can help?

9. Dragonstongue

Dragonstongue Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3 OC
    for some reason and I think this has been happening for a few versions of afterburner, my core downclocking stays "active" the way I set it, but my memory downclocking does not, current AB version is 4.3.0.927 using GPU driver AMD\WHQL-Win7-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.7.2-July27 on MSI Radeon 7870 TFIII OC,

I tried various settings to see how I can "lock" the gpu memory the way I set it, but it seems as soon as any "load" is applied to the card via internet pages, or via games etc, the memory clock automatically jumps to either 450 or 1200 (the powertune or whatever default lowest idle clocks for this card is 150 core/300 memory) I cannot make it "drop" below this number on the memory BUT I can "force" the core/memory to minimum of like 525/600, the minimum idle speed stays intact at 150/300 if I adjust settings to allow the low idle numbers and allow the higher low number for the core (525) BUT I cannot get the 2 combined essentially so that my "idle load" is 150/300 core/mem, my low load would jump to 525/600 as I would like (save power when need a wee bit more grunt at an almost base line voltage of 856 instead of 825 for lowest idle, and allow the higher speeds as needed if want to force the higher clocks core/mem not to "factory levels" but "tune" for as low voltage as possible with the clocks I want.

anyways, sorry if wrong spot to post something like this I apologize. 150/300 is awesome low clock rate, 525/600 for next to no increase power consumption vs lowest clock possible is also amazing, but, to have the memory clock jump to beyond where I set it sucks, want a cool quiet lower power running gpu, I used to be able to do this with much older AB version and older GPU driver version, but, the newer GPU drivers are a nice thing to have, the nwer AB version makes new difference but the newer GPU driver was flaky with older AB version and newer GPU driver was flaky with new AB version (just cant win)

I do not want to monkey flashing bios as cannot borrow a gpu from anyone, cannot afford to buy a new one currently (especially when price is higher than I want and nothing has yet to truly replace the 7870 as far as memory amount amount of shaders etc etc etc) without suffering being more pricey for more oomph or barely upgrade in some ways massive downgrade in others (I refuse to buy/use Nv products so that is not valid for ME)

Any help sorting this out would be vastly appreciated, I have run out of ideas as to the "why" I also am using a "stand alone" Relive edition, not using wattman or Ccenter type deal, just the base gpu driver.

win7 x64 ultimate fully updated, fully functional, very stable, Phenom II 955 running + 980 levels at a touch less power needed in comparison 8gb Gskill 1866 running not quite that speed, but I suppose none of that except my gpu driver OS version and AB version matters to my "issue"

Thanks all, have been using AB for quite a few years now, works very well for my wants/needs nothing to truly complain about suppose the only thing is a "forced" clock that actually forces core/memory/voltage fan speed user sets implicitly no matter load would solve my "problem" O and I suppose when set a custom fan curve, if hit "reset" until reboot info that information is "saved" written to memory or something alone those lines would be nice as well...

Cheers all o7

10. Astrix_au

Astrix_au Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA 64 Wave
    I was running MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 beta 19 and said there was a update and updated to 4.3 and then changed RTSS from 7.0 beta 30 to version 6.x which said was not compatible with my version of windows.

Why did it downgrade? I am running Windows 10 64 bit Creators update 1703 reverted from 1709 FCU, Radeon 17.10.2 with MSI RX Vega 64 wave.

I manually installed both 4.4.0 and 7.0 finals.

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The problem is found in your question. Why did you upgrade to a lower build 4.3.0? 4.4.0 Final is the only valid latest build:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html

12. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  13. XPredator13

XPredator13 Guest

GPU:
    Strix GTX 1080ti
  14. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Thanks Unwinder!

15. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    In brothel?

16. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    A quick question. I LOVE afterburner and dislike EVGA PrecisionX, BUT afterburner cannot control my 1080ti ftw3 cards fans, 3 of them, they are individually controller or synced by precisionX, does afterburner sync all 3 fans? thank you :)

17. dunif

dunif Guest

GPU:
    rx480/8g
    msi afterburner 4.4.0 is not work in last Windows 10 1709 16299.64 and last amd driver 17.11.2 . full not working. poor poor.

18. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    AMD issue or your issue, not MSI:AB problem.

19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Its working fine.

20. treanski111

treanski111 Guest

GPU:
    rx580
    can u tell me how to get it working? i cannot change anything in afterburner wit 17.11.2. every field is blank, its not even showing clocks, voltages ect