HITMAN: Game of the Year Edition

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    O Interactive has announced the HITMAN: Game of the Year Edition, which collects the entirety of the recent episodic installment in the assassin-for-hire series. ...

HITMAN: Game of the Year Edition

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    So NOW they are selling a full game for full game price.

3. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    Nah, they throwed in one bonus mission and 3 uniforms and 3 contracts (these where free updates til now) and boosted the regular price by 22€.

You could buy HITMAN reboot for 49€ and on Steam sales as cheap as 20-25€, but even then I didn't buy it. I tried HITMAN free trial and I must admit that this game sucks. It's the worse in entire series. Hitman: Absolution is 10x better. Absolution has full-fledged story, with cliches but still a complete story and not some randomly thrown in missions. Absolution has better gameplay mechanics, better AI, locations and is fully localized game to many languages (that includes audio). HITMAN (reboot) seems like a step back in every aspect. Also that selling strategy, make game in episodes, who the func thought it was a good idea. Steam early access or kickstarter would be better idea if they didn't have a budget for another game.

Game is now for 72€ and on sale 58€, good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I will wait till it is £7.99 for the GOTY on sale on steam as xmas. lol

5. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Why there´s so many GOTY games on a single year anyway? This game does not seem GOTY material tbh.

6. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Always wondered about this. Are the games officially recognised game of the year if there is such a thing or they just slap that title for fun? Maybe it is Game of the year in a specific category since there are several in a year? But GOTY for me means the best of the year out of all the games irrespective of genre.

StewieTech likes this.
  7. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Goty these days means the full and complete game with Everything included. Really there should only be one GOTY a year and they shouldn't use that title just because you're getting all content from a game.

MaCk0y likes this.
  8. Incredible Lama

Incredible Lama Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1
    Yeah, back in my day they called those compilations 'ultimate editions'. GOTY should be reserved for holders of the GOTY awards.

Praise this so much. Back in my day this would've been Hitman's release day.

~~~~ps: Im only 22, but "back in my day strengthens my point" ~~~~~~

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    At first it was quite good, but to be honest i got quite bored with it fast unlike the previous versions.

Just too much repetition.

10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Told you, the whole reason they released this as an episodic title was to try and keep the game at full retail price for as long as they could and here you go a full year after the first 'episode' of Hitman came out and you have the 'full game' now being sold with next to no additional content as a game of the year addition AT FULL PRICE.

Also doesn't help that the game just wasn't very good either, zero reply ability.

fantaskarsef likes this.

11. bulldog75

bulldog75 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 OC 8G
    Fitgirl Repack it is then.
    Not that I condone this behaviour(Piracy) like.