PUBG Bans More Than 80,000 Cheaters

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    A while ago a new set of Anti-Cheat Measures was embedded into the popular online game PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG), numbers have now surfaced and as it seems the developer succes...

PUBG Bans More Than 80,000 Cheaters

2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    " I am better than others, and to prove that I will play with cheats "

3. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    I'm so glad I decided on Rust instead of PUBG. I would have hated spending money with a bunch of cheater like this

4. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    I wonder if there any players left at all after so many bans :D

TheDeeGee likes this.

5. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I might play again now

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, like HH said, it's only a matter of time before the anti cheat gets circumvented.

7. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I doubt that's how they feel. Aren't they the same or similar people who spend their time trolling on discussion boards, comment sections, and such? Or they are pitiful fools who need to cheat out of peer pressure among their friends. Of course if you mean they feel like they are better at gaming the system, not better at the game itself, then you are correct. In the end games are played for entertainment (unless you are a pro gamer), but what entertainment means is personal. If someone simply is entertained by annoying other people and making them frustrated, what can you do?

8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Perma ban them.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Yeah I totally hate to have played 700h+ and I have seen 0 cheaters.
    I know there is cheaters (mostly in asia?) but it really isnt as big problem as some people make it.

10. David Lake

David Lake Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan V watercooled
    Cheats only exist because the game is too boring.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    And make them pay for their 2nd account, 3rd one, etc. until they are bored of that. Besides that, you can't do much.
    Is there anything besides account bans that's really done, like in CS:GO or something like that? IP blacklisting?

airbud7 likes this.
  12. thesebastian

thesebastian Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Waterblock
    I think they can safely ban 1 million or more and still won't make a difference. This game is highly populated.

13. kam03

kam03 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7870 @ 1150/1450
    Boring only if you are a noob :p

14. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    This is one of the reasons multi player gaming is becoming less and less attractive to me. You don't know if you were beat by skill or a cheat. And that's a big deal because every time you die/lose you learn something, but not if the other party is cheating! You can become better at a game by observing others and trying to do as they do, but you don't want to copy a cheater...
    When you could create your servers in COD for example, I had my own and had fun with friends and allot of people. Unless you manage it, there's always that jackass who thinks it's funny to aimbot your wait out of a game.

BangTail, TheDeeGee and schmidtbag like this.
  15. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Game makers really need to get a clue and start using encryption to make it a lot harder to hack games like this. When its so easy to hack these anti cheat measures are always too far behind. Im really suprised the config files and data streams of games are not using encryption in this day and age. Sure the other resources that may cause too much overhead but at least do the communications and files read when the game starts up.

Silva and schmidtbag like this.

16. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    cheating is rampant in this game, because there is money to be made.
    remove the $ and most likely you would see the hackers move elsewhere.
    700 hours played and not one ?
    no way.
    I've seen literally dozens of them, blatant speed hacks, no clip, aimbot, all of them.....most are Chinese players, I just watched one guy kill every other player with a headshot from across the map....
    when I squad up with random players and they are all Chinese, playing on our NA servers to exploit the client side lag adjustment , I just TK them all after they've looted for a bit, it's so fun, and it really gets a rise out of them, the screaming and cursing in Chinese is highly entertaining.
    update: For the record, I have played with many nearly non English speaking players from China and elsewhere.
    many of those matches were fantastic, teamwork perfect.
    at least try English when you are in the NA servers.....thanks.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Silva likes this.
  17. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    The client still has to be able to decrypt the files, which means that hackers can find the key which resides in the client itself

18. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I agree. Cheaters can be real tiresome sometimes. The reason games are fun is because they challenge your skills. How exactly is it a challenge when you have a computer do all the work for you? As for the other players, cheating is beyond a challenge: it's an impossible odd. Defeating a cheater is possible (I've done it myself) but that's more out of pure luck or coincidence.

The online "free to play [pay to win]" games are just as bad. It isn't enjoyable knowing I won because I paid for my victory, and it isn't enjoyable trying to earn my status when other people paid for theirs.

We're in 2017 - if you don't have at least 4 physical cores, why are you playing modern games anyway? Having a thread dedicated to encryption/decryption is hardly an expense when you consider the hardware demands of modern games. Worst-case scenario, they could have un-encrypted servers for lower CPU usage, for anyone willing to take the risk of cheaters. That being said, you have a great idea.

19. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    True but in the case of PUBG everything is eye readable any half baked coder can make a hack. There are pretty easy ways to slow this down so your other tools that detect hacks can stay ahead of the game which is more the point than making it bulletproof, because you can't .

With that said I really don't see why companies don't use server side auth for the communications to at least prevent packet sniffing.

The client side is more a bit of cat and mouse but at least make it take more effort than opening a config file in notepad. You can do things like store the keys that look just like hexadecimal to prevent easily finding them in disassemblies, change them each patch, move around where they are used.

Also, surprises me a lot that the database that stores the users info doesn't also store a unique key or salt. I could easily see using a users login to generate a couple already encrypted files using this salt sent back to the client.

Anyhow my point is they could really make this a lot harder and more dynamic since you have to log into the servers which surely would let them stay ahead of hackers without a huge expense or burden on the gamers.

20. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I bought PUBGS and it was fun until the game is owned by Chinese ppl.

I personally have nothing against them but a completely separate servers system (and forums) could help non Chinese to enjoy this game again.