Review: NZXT H700i PC Case

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Well, it is like it is. I know I can get them from Amazon.uk but due to the higher delivery charge I don't think it's worth it. Glad to hear the MP fans are good and as far as I can see, two of them are already included in the case (at least it looks like that based on the pictures).

The Thermal Right fans you recommended sure look good on paper. Might consider them if the Phanteks fans are not up to par.

Today I can set the fan speed to whatever I want using MSI software but it would be nice just to be able to click a button or have the fans spin up/down based on the load. Concerning T_sensors idk but I found this in the manual:

Hardware Monitor :
    CPU/System temperature detection
    CPU/System fan speed detection
    CPU/System fan speed control

2. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

Hi there

I just checked the Overclockers.co.uk and shipping to Sweden and postage has been £20 for single fan which is lot

Due this if you can get above fans like MP or TY-147ASQ then I would suggest get these, I like Thermalright TY-147A SQ with PH-F140MP fans, these are my favourites, BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 are good too but they're expensive

Looks like you don't have T_sensor, its simple two pin Thermal sensor, if that's the case I would case fans set at static speeds 700-1200RPM as max,MP fans can spin up to 1600RPM and TY-147A SQ spins up to 1300RPM as max and at these RPM they're not loud and very quiet as well

If you have enough PWM header on yours motherboard then I don't think you will need PWM hub from Phanteks, there are cheaper options like is Swiftech or Silverstone PWM hub which are essentially same

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hello Jura.

Thanks for checking and for the fan suggestion.

About the motherboard, I can let it spin the fans up and down based on CPU temp but it's unreliable since the CPU temps are always going up and down. Right now I'm just changing the fan speed on the fly with MSI Command Center. It's a bit of a hassle but it works.

About the case, now I'll wait for Black Friday to see if anything good comes up then and I won't get the PWM hub for now.

4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

This what I would do too, wait on Black Friday deals and you will see what will be in stores at that day

Yes I agree using CPU as base for spinning fans on case is not so reliable and usually I spin my fans on other parameters like ambient or other parameters, but in most cases I run my case fans at 800-1000RPM as max,usually 700-800RPM during the idle or when I don't do lots hard works and raise RPM fans to 1000RPM when I do stress testing or rendering/gaming etc

Same as you change fan speeds on fly with SW like is MSI Command Center I used in my case ASRock A-Tuning for fan speeds, now I use Aquaero for that

Get simple thermometer and base fans speeds on ambient temperatures on that as well, this what I done in past there

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I would definitely set the fan speeds according to ambient temps but like you said I don't have these sensors so I don't seem to have any choice other than increasing or decreasing the fan speed depending on the situation. Also MSI CC can take up to several minutes to start and also makes games stutter if left running on the background, so that's why I wish I had a better solution.

6. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Wish yours motherboards do have T_sensors headers,I'm pretty sure Asus Rampage V Extreme do have this and some others from Asus do have this as well,other option is get Aquaero 5LT or 6LT as fan controller,these you can mount elsewhere in yours case,its expensive on first sight but is best fan controller on market there
    These manufactures SW like Asus AI suite and MSI CC and few others can cause lots of issues,have owned Asus Rampage V Extreme for few days and after these few days I went back to my old ASRock X99 Extreme6 which doesn't have such features like ASUS R5E but still this board I prefer

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura