Problems updating to AB 4.4.0 Final

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by realmister, Nov 4, 2017.

1. realmister

realmister New Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 6750 XT
    Hello guys, since the bug thread is closed I thought I'd create a new thread about some minor issue I'm having.

I'm trying to install the 4.4.0 version of AB over my current beta installation. Everything goes ok but for one file: 'RTCore64.sys'

The AB installer gives me an error saying that he can't access or modify the file, and give me the three classical options 'abort', 'retry' and 'fail'.

If I choose to ignore the file, the installation proceeds smoothly, and I can continue to use AB ok, but I'm wondering if I'm missing some new feature by not changing this particular file.

Ah, and before someone asks, I really don't like fresh installs because it's a PITA to reorganize my OSD options again. I really wish unwinder implemented some way of exporting this settings...

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm running Win10 x64 FCU always updated.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

> I really wish unwinder implemented some way of exporting this settings...

I think he implemented it years ago. [Sarcasm mode off]

realmister likes this.
  3. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    BTW Unwinder, I was wondering, and I don't feel like creating a new thread just for this noob question, so I'm jack this one, in the MSI profile folder there is "MSIAfterburner.cfg" and another rather long named "VEN_10DE&DEV........".cfg file, what settings are being saved in that one? Opening it in notepad doesn't give much in terms of hints.

4. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    That's because the file is still in use.
    Just do an uninstall, read the upcoming question if you want to keep settings for updating the application and answer accordingly... ;-)
    At the end of uninstall, you'll be prompted to do a restart. Do it!
    Its needed to get rid of the file in use, you are complaining about.

Then do an install of 4.4 final and you are done.

realmister likes this.

5. Priyeshbabariya

Priyeshbabariya Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP+
    When you do uninstall AB & RTSS, It always asks whether you want to save profiles & settings or not then where the hell the question of clean installing comes from? :/

realmister likes this.
  6. Priyeshbabariya

Priyeshbabariya Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP+
    :D

7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    after DL the zip file unblock it from properties then unpack , install and hopefully this works out

8. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Carefully read the dialog box that pops up during the uninstall. It clearly asks whether or not you want to save your previous settings to upgrade to a newer version.

realmister likes this.
  9. realmister

realmister New Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 6750 XT
    Damn, what a noob I am. Thanks Unwinder and guys for pointing me out on how to make use of the 'save profile and settings' feature. I really never did uninstall AB actually, just installed new versions on top of the old ones. I guess that's why I didn't remembered that option existed =)

Priyeshbabariya and Andy_K like this.