*-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 9=-*

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by hallryu, Dec 13, 2011.

1. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    This is a really beautiful build... great job! :)

2. DeadLine

DeadLine Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD7970 Ghz
    Little project for my brother.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Meant to post completed pics a while back.

[​IMG]

vestibule likes this.
  4. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™

5. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    It's been a good few years since my last pic here and since I got a new case, Now is the time for some new pics!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vestibule likes this.
  6. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    I made a few changes.
    The old setup :
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/t...lery-rev-2-part-9.355588/page-65#post-5468232

And the new one :
    [​IMG]

After the Aorus adition, i noticed a rise in temps.
    Both cpu and gpu were sitting at the 80 range during gaming.
    I placed a Noctua NF A-14 PWM fan as second intake fan.
    I also removed the HDD cage to help airflow.
    I had some hard times trying to place my hdds in the bottom of the cage.
    I had to use some long screws cause it was impossible to place sata&power cable to the hdds with short ones.
    I placed 4 rubber grommets in each screw, in order to absorb vibrations, elevate the hdds and in the same time block the screws from going a lot out the bottom of the case and conflicting with dust filter.
    I am happy with the result as i gained 5 degrees on the gpu and 10 degrees on the cpu.
    Still not satisfied though, cause i think i can achieve something better that 75c for a gpu at stock clocks with such a good cooler.
    The 3 fans cooler of the Aorus is extraordinary, but some people had temps issues and solved them by repasting.
    I don't feel comfortable to disassembly the card though, and i don't want to risk warranty issues on a brand new card.
    70c is also an expectable number for a non delidded i7 7700k.
    But the cpu is at stock speed, I am using an excellent Noctua NHU14S cooler, and Fractal Design Define R5 is also a good case.
    I maybe add a second fan to my cpu cooler, and place a fan on Aorus backplate.
    The adding noise will then be a problem.

*room temp 20c - 22c
    *the tie ups on the Aorus is my sag solution. I initially used a chopstick, but i was afraid that it will end inside the fan in case of collapse.

7. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

Hi there

Looks good there,regarding yours setup there,I would suggest replace front fans for something like are Thermalright TY-147A or TY-143,if you can get them then you are golden,these fans I prefer to use on cases but if not then Phanteks PH-F140MP are very nice fans,run them as max at 1000RPM as front fans,Noctua CPU coolers I prefer as they're always perform pretty much as any AIO and they're less noisy as any AIO on market

If you want to have better GPU temperatures,put HDD somewhere else like HDD cage and if you can put fans on bottom case as I can see you have there space for 2* fans if you can put there 2* fans yours GPU temperatures should improve at least,try this if you have at home any fan,for cheap alternative try Arctic F12 PWM or F14 PWM,these are very cheap fans and largely available anywhere,performance on them is good for price

Adding extra fan on Noctua will improve temperatures in many cases by 2-3C as max if its worth,I would say yes and no,if noise is issue then I would suggest Thermalright TY-147A fans there as first fans,these fans are very nice and have very nice sound profile

As other suggestion I would suggest remove empty or free PCI_E slot covers this should improve front to back airflow and can can improve overall temperatures,this has helped in my case when I run multiple air cooled GPUs like Zotac GTX1080 AMP and Titan X SC,plus bottom fans definitely would help you there in my opinion and my personal experience there

Somewhere I have pictures how it looked in my old setup when I run only air cooled CPU and GPUs

Hope this helps a

Thanks,Jura

Apparatus likes this.
  8. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    New loop Now with draining option
    I moved the pump res combo back down. Was not happy with it hanging, actually bent the connection for the RBG controller for the graphic card. Loots of bleeding. lots of bubbles, most of it gone.

I think I will keep this. Quite happy
    Temperature for the CPU idle 22 degrees max load 42 with Pime95
    Temperature for the 1080ti With the Phanteks Glacier water block idle 23-25. load under gaming 44 celsius
    Stress testing 51 celsius
    I ordered the Phanteks RGB strips for the case and a taller reservoir (why?)[​IMG][/IMG]

Opinions- I have a 140mm fan on the top pulling cool air INTO the case.. I felt it with my hands whilst gaming, it is cooler air. should it be the other way? I am worried about the rad in the back not getting cooler air..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

These temperatures are petty good there,on GPU I would expect bit better temperatures but you are cooling CPU plus GPU and you have 360mm and 120mm radiator

If budget allows then I would suggest have look on these radiators

https://www.mayhems.net/collections/radiators

What fans do you have, get better fans something like Phanteks PH-F120XP or Phanteks PH-F120SP will be better and will push more air

Using top as intake or exhaust this depends several things, assume you are running on 120mm radiator 120mm fan as exhaust if yes then above fan can bring cold air to case and to 120mm radiator, if 120mm radiator and fan is set as intake then you can try turn top fan as exhaust, but still I would add, test it both cases, try turn fan like intake and exhaust and check temperatures

Regarding the reservoir, if you have EK then you can upgrade yours reservoir for cheap by buying EK X-RES tube these tubes cost around £15-£20

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

10. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Thanks for the tips.. Im quite happy with most things... for now, I got the second for free, and it works well. Definitely an improvement compared to when I had my one 360 cooling the CP and a Palit 1080.
    The extra radiator is great. Bu then again it's cold autumn and winter soon here. I will maybe not be as happy in the summer. I orderd a second res tube, 250mm.
    Mainly toying the idea of a new case and/or a Coffee Lake upgrade.

11. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

Hi there

Adding extra radiator always help there, running 360mm radiator for cooling CPU and GPU its OK but yours temperatures will suffer due this I always advise add extra radiator

Yup agree right now temperatures are good and on my GPUs my temperatures are in 17-22°C and CPU sits at 29-32°C at PKG on idle and load not seen higher than 60°C at PKG under OCCT

Hot weather or hotter ambient temperatures, as you know hard to have water temperature lower than is ambient temperature unless you are running chiller or phase cooling, only way how to lower ambient is AC

Phanteks EVOLV ATX is great case but is bit small and if you are looking for good case get Enthoo Primo you will be very happy with that case

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

12. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Thanks
    But I am fine as I am now.. I am actually broke for the month.... no hardware shopping, just coffee and beer.

13. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    That sag though, how does that even happen with a custom GPU block? Is that block really heavy or something? Even my old air cooled 980Ti Strix didn't sag that much and I thought it was the most sagging card I had ever seen.

darrenj likes this.
  14. CapKrunch

CapKrunch Active Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    [​IMG]
    I switched to new Phanteks Ethnoo Pro M and used 360 40mm radiator at top with 280 55mm radiator in front to cool 5820k and gtx 1080. I really enjoyed this new computer case and I need hdd bracket and I'll get it soon. So, this build isn't done yet but almost! I thought I would have shared with what I have done so far. Thanks
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    vestibule and darrenj like this.
  15. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    I KNOW!!!
    That Phanteks Glacier block... is very good, but much heavier than EKWB's (had EKWB on my Palit 1080) I thinking about my daughter's black lego blocks

16. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Whats your temps like?

17. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090

GroinShooter likes this.
  18. CapKrunch

CapKrunch Active Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    cpu at 4.5g is hovering around 45ish to 50ish and gpu is less than 45. all fans run about 600rpm to 800rpm

19. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Sick, it's nice seeing people using legos as antisaggers :D

20. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    What's your load like?
    CPU and graphic card?