Edifier Launches S2000 Pro Speakers

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Edifier, a leading global designer, and manufacturer of award-winning audio systems have brought new sound technology to a classic style with its latest 2.0 speaker....

Edifier Launches S2000 Pro Speakers

cryohellinc likes this.
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    They are GORGEOUS.
    [​IMG]

3. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Good review on Digital Stereophony, beware spelling etc, I think it's a Polish website hence poor translation? The reviewer points out:
    1. No USB input
    2. No subwoofer output
    Overclockers UK selling for £399.95, ignore the Polish vendor on Amazon who wants £605.41 but hey, he's offering Free Delivery ha ha

4. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    I don't like the fact that they point up. Makes setting up a sound stage ambiguous.
    I don't think they are big enough for me. I will look see if they have a step up model.

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    This is a pro argument :)

but will not change my JM Labs for those

6. Fergutor

Fergutor Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Super GX
    These ones have already a time going around, and yes, they are very very good apparently. They are named "Pro" or "MKII" depending on the location.
    But Edifier have an even better one, made by Phil Jones via Airpulse which is a company owned by Edifier. The model is called "A200" and "Model 1" depending on the location. In the Russian Edifier site they sell them, while in others places are sold by Airpulse.
    Here, reviews of both (and the S1000 and dissasemble if you search):
    http://eng.soomal.com/edoc/10100000057.htm
    http://eng.soomal.com/edoc/10100000123.htm
    One Youtuber (DigitalStereophony) that tested both said that the S2000 Pro have some port noise (at high volume I guess) while the A200 doesn't, and that while the S2000 Pro sounds very good, the Model 1 sounds even better.

7. Fergutor

Fergutor Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Super GX
    I think they point up for time alignment, but maybe for looks...I don't know how that could modify the "sound stage". They are 124 watts and they're quite big already for normal room use. I have some "old" Edifier C200 speakers with class AB amplifier (TDA7379), 1" tweeters, 6.5" woofers, 50 watts total, and damn they can go loud!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It's possible the frequency responses off-axis is slightly better than on, which is why they pointed them up a little bit. KEF LS50's for example are closer to reference at 10 degrees off center then direct, but then the UNI-Q driver in the KEFs make them sound incredible at almost any angle.

There are also an increasing number of people using active bookshelf speakers as computer speakers - mostly due to no innovation in the computer-speaker space. These would be good on a computer desk, which is typically lower than ear height.

9. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    never tried/hear edifer speaker before
    but spec wise look okay
    wonder if edifer sounds better than swan's ?

10. Frances

Frances Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti
    As the other guy said, the sloped baffle is for time alignment, so the sound wave from the tweeter and woofer arrive closer to the same time. Usually this is incorporated into the crossover. It's one of those subjective audiophile things, some people swear by time alignment separating hifi from midfi and some people don't really care. This is why some speakers have baffles that are perpendicular to the ground and some don't, it's not about angling the sound anywhere. They should get plenty loud especially if you add a subwoofer. I am running LS50's with a modest SS amp and an SVS 12" sub and I can make my ears bleed if I want. These might get even louder as they are larger.