Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.3

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rambo, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    Getting a lot of "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." Never had this before.

2. GeRmAnOs

GeRmAnOs Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6950XT
    Looks like this driver is only for fall creators update!!
    Quote from amd reddit:

1) Exactly the same issue on RX480 with both 17.10.2 and 17.10.3. Looks like they've just modified the drivers for Fall Creators update and "forgot" about previous builds of Win10 :\ Bravo, AMD! I wonder if by saying "support for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update" they actually meant "will work only on Windows 10 (Fall) Creators Update"
    2) I updated to Creators and it seemed to have fixed it. I will continue testing it.

3. TUMIK

TUMIK Active Member

GPU:
    RX470
    yeah you need update to last version windows .

4. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    I think the newer wattman could have bugs with certain polaris cards....you could try a clean driver install with never opening wattman and only using afterburner to set clocks. Im only testing Wolf2 at the moment but i have had several of the same driver crashes....Im going to try a fresh driver install with never open wattman and see if that goes any better. My guess is its screws up the voltages and what not but trying to dick around with all your cards default settings. I know i had this issue before on other drivers and never opening wattman usually 99% fixed it. Its like everything from 17.7 on up has wattman issues on mine.

AlleyViper likes this.

5. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    That is what I did before and still had the amdkmdap problem. Also sometimes after watching Youtube and Twitch the GPU usage jumps to 100% and never goes down again, even when I close everything. This also never happened before... not sure what is going on but I will revert back to a previous driver and see how it goes.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  6. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    I have a few restart with this driver , i dont see this kind of problems on years .

7. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    What sucks balls is i really needed this dam driver for Wolf2....Guess i might as well revert back to a "stable" 17.7 driver and just take the performance hit. AMD is creating future nvidia buyers with these crap drivers for a card still selling in there channel. God i miss he days of the practically perfect 280x/7970 for years!

8. mtdew332

mtdew332 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390x
    You only need Vulcan drivers updated for Wolf2.....Im running the 17.1.2 drivers with updated Vulcan drivers for Wolf2.

primetime^ likes this.
  9. Keff91

Keff91 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390
    So far so good for this driver.. Im using 17.10.3 for since it's released. Overwatch no crash , evil within 2 ok so far (but weird I use the low setting it just reach max 40-50 fps in openworld area, no difference set to ultra, getting the same fps)

10. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    So how i go about this? DDU then Install last known perfect driver and after update the vulkan part of 17.10.3 only when doing the driver update?

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Good performance. As always.

But the amount of baby sitting and well... praying that the Crimson needs is annoying as hell:

Example 1) From time to time Wattman simply ignores my Voltage settings and sets them to... whatever.
    2) Refresh rate at which the game starts (Wolfenstein Colossus), same as above, is anyones guess. And If I pray real hard, I get the higher one.

12. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    [​IMG]

Why the hell is my GPU clocks running at 1485mhz? For fucks sake no wonder the driver keeps crashing. I try changing the clocks to default? under clocking, Dynamic, its like it runs a what ever it wants to. I clocsed afterburner to see if it was doing it, and it didnt matter. I think AMD's driver team needs to get there crap together.

And running an older driver is out of the question since the game wont even start up without 17.10.2 or newer

13. mtdew332

mtdew332 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390x
    1: YES... DDU all drivers.
    2: Install the drivers you want. (the "good" ones)(SEE NOTE below!)
    3: Extract the 17.10.3 drivers
    4: In the extracted 17.10.3 drivers look in Packages / APPS / VulcanRT64 / VulcanRT folder and install using the VulkanRT.exe file.

To be honest, this isnt how i did it, I copy/pasted the vulcan files manually, but this method should work and be the easiest for you....my method would take way too long to type out instructions....LOL

note: I also copied the following files from the 17.10.3 drivers into my 17.1.2 drivers before i re-installed my 17.1.2 drivers after DDU...(im not sure this is needed but it did it anyway)
    amdvlk32.dll , amdvlk64.dll , amd-vulkan32.json , amd-vulkan64.json

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Infraction added to your account. You're on English written forums, talk in English, please.

15. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    The image isn't showing on your post.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Anyone Playing Forza H3 on these?
    Is it OK? Short Loadings and good performance?

upd.
    Back to 17.9.3 whql ;)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  17. Framani

Framani Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 8G
    Does anybody have frequent crashes with wallpaper engine when the screen returns from stand by? I have a sapphire nitro+ RX 470 8GB (if it's needed).

18. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    ok no idea why it wasnt...but my gpu clocks were running at 1485mhz while playing wolf2....no where in the amd wattman or afterburner was it set to overclock that high. AMD wattman was for some reason boosting clocks to 1485 and i still have no idea why. It would explain why my card is so dam unstable in at least certain situations.

19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Could you please try to DDU, install the driver and never accept the Wattman EULA, and then rely only on AB (btw, final 4.4.0 is out) to set your clocks and then confirm if the problem remains? Just to exclude a problem with wattman doing stuff on his own.

20. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    I think i tried that before and still had the dreaded amd driver crash....But i will Double check and try it again with very reasonable overclock like 1400....my card passed 3dmark stability at 1460 all day long so even if the driver cant clock as high 1400 should be ok. ( which i can live with if my gaming can keep playing)

edit: tried it again even with 17.11 and still get driver crash in wolf2

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017