Nvidia GeForce 388.13 WHQL Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Oct 30, 2017.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Works just fine here, video continues in the background when clicking minimize.

HW Acceleration Enabled.

2. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    Installed the drivers and my daughter had a 2 hours session of GTA V without apparently any issues.
    Then I tried to run a superposition benchmark and the screen turrned black with my fans speaning at high rpms.
    I left it conclude the benchmark, and when it finished I was able again to see my desktop and the benchmark score.
    I found the executable and I ticked : disable fullscreen optimizations and run this program as administrator.
    That did the job as the benchmark was running fine again with picture.
    Win 10x64(1709).

3. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    a lot of times all the nay saying and "woe is me" stuff is case specific or worse.

I ignored it and installed these.

A) first time my pc ever froze while gaming. Ever.

B) i let my monitors go to sleep as per usual - no waking em up. Thats never happened either. Not anytime remotely recently.

Roooolled back to the .10's i was using prior.

4. AxelL

AxelL Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX1080
    This driver gave me a BSOD on the next day of install when I tried to play Wolfenstein 2 on my 1060/3GB. ( 00000050 code ) Now I'm on the 388.0 I hope that would be ok. I made a ram test just to make sure that it is not a suddenly failing part but that was ok as I expected.

5. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I know this is not much help to some of you.

No issues, to speak of with this driver.

Win 10 fcu 1709
    i7 4790k
    gtx 1070
    asus 24" HMDI monitor. @ 1080p
    asus z97a board

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It doesn't happen always, open 2-3-4 tabs and one tab with youtube playing a song and try to minimize.

7. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I have more than 120 tabs Windows 1709 x64 , but it did happened to my friend with Windows 10 1703 Creators Update. the Movie said some kind of error in youtube and black screen the viedeo with the error after minimizing 2 times . so I will try to understand how to fix it and come with answers.

8. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Did anyone try the Chrome 62 HDR ? about://flags ?

Can anyone test it and notify back ??

9. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    yes it did help on bf1 for me. i couldn't enable it on per game basis because game bar wouldn't open in full-screen games.

in FCU, its per game basis now, thats why they discarded on-off option in settings. yet, gamebar is not showing when in fullscreen to let me activate game mode for that specific game.

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    How we suppose to control whether we want game mode on per game basis then if game bar is not accessible? Microsoft decides for us?

Update: Game bar becomes available if you check "Record game clips, screenshots and broadcast using Game bar" in "Gaming => Game bar" settings.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017

11. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    i guess its off by default.

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's always was on a per game basis. The global switch literally did nothing. I.e. you could have it off, start a game, turn in on from Game Bar and it would be active in this game on the next launch.

13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Game bar becomes available if you turn on "Record game clips, screenshots and broadcast using Game bar" in "Gaming => Game bar" settings.

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Sure. Which doesn't mean that Game Mode won't be on by default for some games which MS will "whitelist".

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I was asking namely about missing game bar through which game mode for a game can be configured.

16. disq

disq Member Guru

GPU:
    I've the "Record game clips, screenshots and broadcast using Game bar" checked under gaming settings and game bar doesn't pop-up when i press win+g keys.

I've the xbox app uninstalled though, might be because of that.

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    There's also the "Show Game Bar..." checkbox there. I dunno if it must be checked for Game Bar to appear on Win+G or not.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I played with it a bit, yes you have to enable show game bar, rest can be off.
    By default its disabled @ win+g (takes 2-4 sec to open), it has to be enabled in settings "for this game", now back in main gamebar enable game icon so it turns lightblue.

With rs3 It works almost all the time, even when DSR'd (fullscreen). Although it can glitch and start minimized, I have to manually alt+tab to fullscreen, idk why it does that though.. could be connection with this game bar, usually its just by DSR'd games.

19. disq

disq Member Guru

GPU:
    Also checked. When i press wing+g i get the Broadcast DVR server (bcastdvr.exe) on task manager though but no game bar in game, it doesn't show up.

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The game must be in borderless windowed or using something but D3D11. For D3D11 games only a handful of games are supported for Game Bar and this is why there's the "fullscreen enhancements" feature basically.