MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Same here, no issues with SOW.

2. Kazarang

Kazarang Guest

Thanks for your`s answer - but on my system SOW start only if i set Application detection level set to None. I found whats my problem - Need set Custom Direct3D support to OFF.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Make sure that you have no other injectors running.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Why would custom be on for the default/global profile anyway? Isn't that only for very specific cases on a per-program basis? (EDIT: On a profile basis I mean.)

EDIT: Well it seems to be resolved at least. :)

5. ShadowFur

ShadowFur Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 970 4GB
    I have to say it's ugly as hell and I can't even read it due to vision issues. Big mistake in my book.

6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    You can change it in settings.

7. ShadowFur

ShadowFur Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 970 4GB
    Yeah if I could read it and get into settings. I can't do anything with this version.

8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    [​IMG]
    There, for those who can't read. (Just in case you'll start saying something about a vision condition - if you can't read help balloons which appear when you put your mouse on buttons in AB then you can't read this text on this forum either.)

9. ShadowFur

ShadowFur Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 970 4GB
    Not all vision conditions are the same. For me it has to do with the colors because I have neuropathy caused by Multiple Sclerosis. Colors are not as vivid as they used to be and with the combinations on the new afterburner skin I can't read it as the text and colors blend together, they also do it i the tips windows. The colors on this forum are different so I can actually read it.

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Colors on this forum are the same as on tooltips if not with even less contrast. Since you've been able to read my post you will most certainly be able to read the tooltips and find the settings button. Which I've highlighted for you so you can skip this and just click it.

11. ShadowFur

ShadowFur Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 970 4GB
    It is not 100% the same color, I can tell. I can open the settings button but not able to read anything in settings or the tips window, to me the forms have a bluish tint to me where afterburner does not. if your gonna treat your uses like this they we all should go elsewhere as this proves you don't give a crap about your customers.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Settings window is the same as it was before and it's not tied to the current skin. I'm treating a troll like a troll.

13. ShadowFur

ShadowFur Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 970 4GB
    Nope, Different Comparing my wife's pc to mine.

Before Update (I can read)
    [​IMG]

After Update (I can't read)

[​IMG]

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    FFS... You don't need to read the group titles, you're interested in actual options which are exactly the same between all skins.

Like, the tabs are the same, the buttons for scrolling them are the same, the text in the drop down of skin chooser is the same and even the OK button is the same. Do us all a favor, select the skin you prefer there and stop posting offtopic in this thread.

15. ShadowFur

ShadowFur Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 970 4GB
    This is not how you treat the disabled. it's not just the group titles its the whole settings. the background is even a different tint making me unable to read it, if i follow where things are on my wifes computer tyere is no old skin. do me a favor and quit trolling the legally disabled.

16. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Hi folks.

I'm not sure asking this question in this thread is appropriate. But here it goes.

I've been using MSI AB and RTSS for as long I could remember. I'm also using AIDA64 with iPad (external display).
    AIDA64 shows framerate (from RTSS) on my iPad. However, whenever Microsoft UWP games such as:
    - Forza Horizon 3
    - Forza Motorsport 7
    - Gears of War 4
    framerate report on AIDA64 stays at 0 FPS. (RTSS runs and report fine on my PC monitor). And other games (for example, games from Steam) shows no problem in AIDA64 showing RTSS framerate on my iPad. It only seems that UWP games are affected.

Is there anything I can do to show RTSS framerate in AIDA64 for UWP games ?
    MSI AB v4.4.0 Beta21 is used with the latest version of AIDA64.

Thanks.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Profiles\MSIAfterburner.cfg

Skin=MSICyborgWhite.usf

Just change the file to any of the others found here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Skins\

And that should work around having to use the client at all if that is being a problem due to the color scheme. :)
    (Perhaps try MSICyborgRed.usf first and then if that works you can then fine adjust the settings from within the software.)

BuildeR2 likes this.
  18. ShadowFur

ShadowFur Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 970 4GB
    Thank you so much. Your the nicest one I have talked to yet.

BuildeR2 likes this.
  19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No. UWP games can't export the info to outside applications due to them running inside a sandbox. If you look into AB monitoring window while running a UWP game then you'll notice that there are no framerate/frametimes from RTSS there either.

PowerK likes this.
  20. floxigen01

floxigen01 Guest

GPU:
    Thanks dude but I've a GTX 1080