Budget PC case recommendation needed

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by sverek, Oct 29, 2017.

1. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Need PC case for standard mobo size.

- MUST be big enough to fit video cards without issues.
    - MUST have area to mount CPU radiator. (CWCH60 / 120mm single)
    - 2SSD, 2HDD. (can drop to 1 HDD)
    - Front panel with USB ports is preferable.

Looks doesn't matter. Airflow is not crucial,just would like to have 1 fan to take and 1 fan to exhaust.
    I might have to open side panel a lot, so practical side panel is bonus.

Thank you.

airbud7 likes this.
  2. vonSternberg

vonSternberg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 560D
    I would recommend the one I'm getting soon, the Corsair 270R, there's even a review here on Guru3D. The only bad thing I can think of is the placement of the I/O shield (opposite to the window which makes no sense). But overall the size, price and looks are definitely good IMO

airbud7 likes this.
  3. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Yeah, I checked 270R, not sure about having mesh for whole top and back panel. I'd prefer more solid case.

As old as it might be, I am considering Obsidian 550D. Would like to have smaller case, but can't complain for a price (80$ here)

airbud7 likes this.
  4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I need a good budget case to...Glad you started this thread...

5. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Personally i would go route of the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M or something along these lines,Fractal Design Define is pretty nice case and InWin cases as well,I don't rate very well Corsair cases,have one previously and never been impressed with this case and mainly with quality of the case

Really depends on budget but I would have look on Phanteks cases and Fractal Design

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

sverek and airbud7 like this.
  6. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
  7. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Thank you very much for quality pick ups, jura11! You always deliver!

I might be stack with ATX board for a while, so Focus G and IN WIN 101 are mine top picks now.
    Those are very gorgeous modern looking cases and totally fit my budget.

EDIT: People also seem to go crazy about NZXT S340. Looks very solid, but a bit more pricy.

Gonna read more which better suited for my setup.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  8. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I know only one friend who has have NZXT case,although not S340 but he always complained about the bad airflow, S340 cost bit more than above cases but if budget allows then Phanteks Enthoo Pro M I would choose rather like S340, but these InWin or Fractal Design cases are which I would choose as well

I have recently used InWin case for friend build and been very impressed with the quality and case itself

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

9. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    1 thing I am not sure about in win 101 is that there no front panel air in-take. Only seem to be on bottom. I currently have my old pc case on carpet. Its not an issue to move pc case to flooring, just wondering if there an alterative side case in-take.

10. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Regarding the no front intake fans,all depends on what components you are looking to cool etc, in many cases have front intake fans is good to have for one reason as cold air intake

You have there few fan mounts but no fan included which can raise price of the case in the end

Here are few suggestions of how you can make it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regarding the fans on bottom, this I recommend to do if you are running air cooled GPU, this will bring cold air to GPU and therefore you will have better temperatures

Side intake, you mean style of the Coolermaster HAF?

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

11. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    No, I meant the place where green fans are located on top picture. But I guess that's air exhaust.
    So majority of the in-take air coming from bottom of the case.

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  12. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

Hi there

You still can turn these fans as intake or exhaust it depends on you there

I would use these fans as intake and bottom as well there would use as intake and use one exhaust

You shouldn't need 2 fans as exhaust, one exhaust fan os more than enough

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

sverek likes this.
  13. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    That's what I thought I could use that for. Thanks a lot for your help!

14. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

No worries

In both cases, you should have good airflow

For fans recommendation really depends on budget there and how loud or quiet fans you want but there are several good fans out there

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

15. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Thanks a lot.
    I saw you recommending fans in other threads, will recheck those.

Gonna watch a bit more reviews on in win101, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, S340 and compare them for my needs.

16. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Personally I like Phanteks cases, have one and have used like EVOLV ATX, Enthoo Primo or Pro M TG and normal Pro M, just what I don't like on Enthoo Pro M is 200mm fan at front which doesn't push too much air, there I replaced on friend case 200mm fan for 2*140mm fans

InWin I used only these cases 303 and 805 for few builds for friends, I liked them a lot, great cases and very nice materials used on these cases, just what I didn't liked is no fans(come on, they should include at least 2-3 fans)

NZXT cases, not used and only friend have one and he always complained about temperatures

You will see and really check few reviews

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

17. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I totally missed Fractal Design Define C (not mini). I really loved mini version but, couldn't fit my ATX mobo.

Probably gonna pull a trigger on Fractal Design Define C.

18. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    i just did a full upgrade. Im going to retire my TJ07 for now. needs some work, custom builds through out the years so its a little banged up. Planning on changing it up little by little and eventually go back to it.

i went with DeepCool Dukase. its was $55 bucks. fits most popular size rads, built-in fan control, PSU cover. its a nice case for what it is.

19. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I put together Fractal Design C. Case is very nice and compact. Probably the most compact case that can fit ATX.
    Really like simple look of it and air flow is actually pretty nice.

1 misfortune that happened is, my old good Corsair H60 finally died. It just refused to properly pump water and CPU bulk was overheating. Shaking radiator helped at start to help it circulate water, but no matter what angle I mount it, it just refused to work. Got cheap air CPU cooler and it gets cooling job done just fine.

20. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

Hi there

Fractal Define series are very nice cases and Define C is good case for money, have used only Define XL I think for friend air cooled setup

I would try RMA Corsair maybe they can take yours H60 to RMA

And regarding the air cooler, have look on Cryorig or Noctua or BeQuiet or Thermalright coolers, these will be better choice than AIO and more reliable

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura