MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. peschka

peschka New Member

Thanks for the great work !

I have multiple RX480 / RX570 / RX580 but I cannot control only the memory slider for every one of them. I can move it but when I click on set - it goes back to default. Tried with extended overclock limits but it does the exact same thing.

My driver is the latest ReLive 17.10.3 and my AB is Beta 21. My OS is Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators Update. Anyone else with the same issue ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No need to discuss driver related issues in AB DEVELOPMENT thread please.

3. peschka

peschka New Member

I don't have driver related issues mate. Driver is working fine and overclocking memory is working with the Wattman. Also no problems on the older Windows build 1703. Maybe it's AB / Driver / OS compatibility related but again I think the developer should know about it and at least test it.

4. Unwinder

This IS driver related issue, and this thread is intended for testing new functionality ONLY. Please don’t spam this thread with non-application related issues, i’ll remove your further discussions on this topic in beta thread.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    could someone remind me how to get the CPU clock in MSI AB monitoring tab ? i'm using Beta19 and HWinfo64 is running

6. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Afterburner hardware polling gives me presentation glitches in madVR and mpv (mpv reports vsync jitter). The higher the polling frequency is, the more glitches are reported. Tried low level/kernel/usermode drivers, doesn't make a difference. Only closing Afterburner or turning off hardware polling make the problem disappear. It doesn't seem to happen in fullscreen exclusive mode, only windowed/borderless.
    GTX 1070, 388.10 driver, Windows 10 AU, latest Afterburner beta
    Tried older beta 17, didn't help either. RTSS hook was disabled for the applications.

7. Unwinder

Guys, PLEASE, do not use this thread as a place for submitting general application usage questions. It is NOT intended for that at all, let the testers do their job here, if you have nothing to say about new functionality usage - just don’t post anything here PLEASE.
    The basics of hardware polling usage were discussed here:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/rtss-6-7-0-beta-1.412822/page-40#post-5477698

Once again, PLEASE, leave this thread for testing new functionality only. Attracting developer’s attention by attempting to submit other questions in development thread is not the best idea.

8. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Sorry, I was worrying about a regression or so. Thx for your hint, it was totally right. I didn't think of it because I wasn't polling many sensors at all, and it was indeed the power sensor. Its impact seems to be extreme, there probably should be a warning hint or so listed above the sensor list.

9. Kazarang

Kazarang Guest

RTSS 7.0 beta 30 - Middle Earth : Shadow of War game don`t start if RTSS hook enable for the application and Blackdesert Online (Russian) don`t start too.Wn10 64x, gforce drv. 388.00

10. Unwinder

It works fine with it, configure your system properly, sorry.

11. ShadowFur

ShadowFur Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 970 4GB
    [​IMG]
    Quick question. Why is MSI Afterburner black and white in this version?

12. Unwinder

Because it is back and white maybe?

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's the new default v.4 skin, there's several others in Afterburner though plus a few custom ones on this forum section too. :)
    (RivaTuner also got a bit of a ReSkin a while back.)

14. Unwinder

How many times do I have to ask to isolate this thread from everything non-related to new functionality testing? There will be no more warnings in this thread. Anyone trying to flood this thread with "you get paid to do this app" will follow this nice gentlemen.

15. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Too harsh. I reverted that ban. You cannot kick a user that has been around for years with 300 posts based on that one comment. There have been 0 issues with mike in the past.
    mikev190 ban reverted, however, I suggest you stay out of the AB section please, thanks.

Putzo and bigcid1 like this.

16. Unwinder

No problem, we'll just return back to private development and closed beta testing model so I don't need to waste time on dealing with such "pleasant" comments without having any way to stop that. RTSS 7.0.0 and AB 4.40 open testing approach experiment failed, as the last weeks I spend more time on such nonsense than on actual development and testing and this is demotivating as hell. There are MSI staff, who had to deal with general user questions in this forum, the account is inactive for _years_. I'm not doing anyone's extra job anymore to be thanked in insulting "you get paid to do this app" from Zotac card owners.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Unrelated to the programs development but if you feel this is becoming a problem then as this is a new forum software couldn't you have a function to block users from posting in this particular section or even specific threads in it (A sort of read-only mode?) if it does become a big enough issue as to impact development and you on a personal level? PM spam can probably be blocked too if it becomes a issue as a result of this though it would still require reading the posts before taking action and if e-mail and such info is found well that's going to be a problem too.

EDIT: I don't know what the best solution would be though, there's merits to closed beta testing too via private invite or other selection criteria such as tech knowledge if you want more focus on bug reports and usage statistics and other feedback.
    (Also locking the bug report thread and this being the current active development thread I'm not too surprised that some reports would find themselves in this thread instead.)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    A read-only thread about the development is the best idea.

19. Kazarang

Kazarang Guest

Maybe you can share how to properly configure - what setting need for working overlay, write me in PM if you can help.

20. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Kazarang : i have it working normally without need to set something particular.