Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damien_Azreal, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    They've removed the async option. It's disabled for Nvidia hardware, but enabled on AMD hardware so long as you have a specific driver.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Im reverting the beta patch atm. I had a weird shadow issue where it would appear darker then it should be. Also i had some crashes. I didnt have any issues before the patch.

3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Did they fix the low-res textures on weapons ?

4. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Runs hideous at times on my card, and when it´s not hideous it´s just mediocre, at least compared to every other port from 60fps console games which run perfectly on my system. This is what happens when graphics vendors lock out the competition from early access to games, and the support for new apis relies on driver trickery of course :p

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Am I the only one who think this game is strangely relevant to our times? Nazis in America, racial issues / white supremacy, KKKs asserting their power (and BJ mowing them down in the street of the USA ;)). I know this game must have been in development for years, but they seem to have released it at the most appropriate time.

I can imagine skinheads boycotting this game for all their worth :p

6. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    They have yet to acknowledge this

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Noticed I was getting stuttering in Hollow Knight, a 2D side scrolling platformer, as well as Hob, which I picked up in the Steam Sale (both great games by the way) so I decided to use DDU and reinstall the v388.00 WHQL driver. To my complete surprise it not only fixed it completely for both games but Wolfenstein II also runs smoothly now, as well as DOOM under OpenGL actually.

Clearly, something must have messed up on my system, possibly due to installing new drivers over old ones rather than as clean installs. Whatever, it is fixed so it wasn’t the game after all.

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I’m using the beta patch and noticed a corrupted skybox on the...

... New Orleans level, although it looks and runs great otherwise.

9. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Well that's been most of the talk surrounding this game. And yeah there are a very vocal subset of people very against this game. :rolleyes:

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, this game actually started development shortly after TNO was finished. A small portion of the team did work on The Old Blood, but TNC went into full scale development in early 2015. So... it's been going for some time.

Yeah, I noticed it as well.
    Did a side mission, back at BJ's old house in Texas. Taking down a Uberkommando. Skybox looked really, really bad.

I opted out of the beta patch just to check and make sure something else wasn't going on. Issue went away.
    So... that made me feel better. I may opt back into the patch since it ran great otherwise.

11. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    i have a Fps drops /stuttering when load a map / save game
    pc specs:
    ryzen 1600 + 16gb +rx580 4gb / high - ultra settings , someone have the same issue? , ingame i have really good fps 90-150 fps , but every time i load a save or enter to a new map i see a fps drop / stuttering the first time .

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    If it is only happening in those places then why is it an issue? Not being funny but framerates drops like that are normal even on a GTX 1080 Ti as the game is just finishing loading and the GPU clock speed goes from a lower clock to the full 3D clocks as the game engine begins rendering. I can't say that I have honestly noticed it myself though except the framerate is all over the place on the RTTS overlay prior to the level starting. I am playing the game from a 7,200rpm SATAIII hard drive as well not an SSD yet loading times are fast and I have not seen any texture pop in either.

idTech 6 might not have the best texture quality of current engines but it is still a damn fine engine IMO. The amount of detail in this game and the ridiculously high framerate I'm getting on maxed out 4K settings suggest that this is a very well optimised game, just like DOOM was. It's a shame they removed OpenGL support though as I would have liked to have seen how that ran in comparison to Vulkan. That said, the framerates in Vulkan are around 80-110 fps any way so I can't really complain!

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Completed the game, it's ok. I liked TNO more tbh. No crashes, thankfully. Kinda weird that there are no boss fights, just arenas, so it ended on a whimper for me and an unbearable credits-soundtrack.

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It's the game in my experience and likely caused by the ASync Compute setting which, on my system, was enabled by default.

Either disable that or, if that does not work, then download the beta patch which removes the ASync Compute setting from the Graphics options and fixes the issue, at least for me and for others as well.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  15. dezo

dezo Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Completed it too. Very good action and shooting, nice graphics and locations. ID6 is clearly better than the previous installments, but the maps are somewhat small. For example that street in Roswell - such a nice desing and graphics but such a tiny map... Also not a fan of the cutscenes, there are some very funny in-game jokes, but the cutscenes drags themselves for too long and some of them are just plain demented. Don't liked the hub section either - boring, chaotic, map is absolutelly useless. Where is that badass 3D map from Doom? Who needs hours of retarded cutscenes or hub wandering in an action game like that? It just breaks all the pacing and shooting nirvana, until the game actually allows you to play again. And that horrible depiction of Adolf or that bloody chick at the end - what was that supposed to mean? I know this is just a game, but what kind of f.ing moron will allow pregnant women to participate in action like that? Also the game menu looks like it was smacked here in last moments before release. I don't really like the direction this serie is going. IMHO all the listed things were somewhat better thought/implemented in TNO.

TR2N and lucidus like this.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Nvidias new driver is out, v388.13 WHQL. :)

17. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    i try on a ssd and 7200prms hdd , but its not normal , probably format the ssd and make a fresh windows 10 install , because i see this problem on a few games and change cpu-motherboard-rams-gpu-psu and buy a new hdd , and continue see this kind of problem .

18. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    385.41 and everything works great, alt tab too. ;)
    Didn't care to rush for 388.xx driver pack..

19. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    I'm having a blast with the game. Sure there are a few minor gripes, but it looks fantastic and it's great gun blasting fun so far.

I'm running a 1060 3GB at 1920x1200 on Uber with 8 TSSAA. Getting a solid 60 it feels like, with some minor dips at certain open locations.

Other than TSSAA, is there any particular setting that to gain a few frames in these situations? Also not sure if it's been explained, but why is it 8X TSSAA and then everything else is 1X? Guessing that has more to do with AA in general than this game.

20. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    So I tried 388.13 and have all of the same issues when trying to play it on my TV except now it crashes all the time. I did some more messing around and found one way to get it to work. If I set the resolution in NVCP to 1080p60 with RGB Full 8 bit color and 1080p fullscreen in game everything works as it should. Any other resolution, color settings or borderless window produce some kind of issue. This is extremely disappointing, I wanted to play this in 4K with dynamic resolution.