Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SpecChum, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Spot on! Thanks for providing that bit of information.
    It only proves to me that nvidia can selectively decides which cards, maxwell, don't get optimized. As I've noticed that the 980ti is falling further and further behind a 1070.
    Also, a 1060 is beating a 980.
    Example of the 1060 is the 387.92 driver performance update:

Skip to 3m 13s (odd, I only wanted to create just a link which included a specific time)

No way should a 980 lose to a 1060 for this game!

So, some need not imply for one minute the "grass is the greener" theory around here.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    wuest3nfuchs likes this.
  2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    It's been shown in the past that NV likes to have a progressive performance curve of their technologies, and when a new chip comes out, performance on the older cards will deteriorate after a few months to bring about this smooth performance curve. This happened when Maxwell came out, and then again when Pascal did.

There's plenty of threads here and elsewhere which document this. Now could it be from Pascal optimizations? Possibly, but I don't think it accounts for all of losses of Maxwell.

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    What I found so interesting is the fact that the 970 got more of a performance boost then the 980. Sure Pascal got the best of that driver release but it clearly shows what OnnA was saying as well. The 980 was simply marginalized. 387.92 should have improved performance for both maxwell and pascal at the same time.
    The 970 proves that. But for some reason the 980 didn't (just sticking to the example in the video).

Yes, it's been talked about before, but it's always good to show proof of concept.

I'm sure we will see more performance improvements from AMD by Dec 2017 with their annual driver thing. With whatever new branch they are working on.

4. Bozskaggs

Bozskaggs New Member

GPU:
    Pulse 6800XT
    These are poison for Destiny 2 for me crashes all over the place.. Ryzen 1700x and rx580. Went back to 17.10.1, and all is well.

5. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Version 1709 is needed for WDDM 3.2.

6. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Lets just keep blaming AMD for Blizzards lack of fixing the game. DX11 device lost errors in BF4 happened to Nvidia and AMD, yet I bet you would blame AMD for it, not Dice.
    I find it funny my friend with Fury X has 0 issues running Overwatch @ 120 fps constant on high 144hz and it never crashes and he sometimes plays for 6hrs+. He is even on the FCU with this driver. And I tested his account on my rig and had zero crashes @ 80hz with my Fury after 2 hours.
    Every driver update thread is the same muck from you. Its a shame you have a problem, report it to AMD, report it at blizzard. I have seen AMD respond to fixes, and even was emailed by back them before when I reported CRU being broken when Relive drivers first launched and the Vram bug with R9 290/R9 390 cards as well. Those got fixed within 2-3 weeks for both bugs.

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

I actually went back to 17.10.1 because this would crash Overwatch on every 2nd match (still crashing with 17.10.1) but not every game.

I want to be optimistic, because I've to deal with these issues for as long as I got my RX580 in my system - fingers crossed for 17.11.

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Please try 17.9.3 WHQL -> It is more stable, and performance is Solid as funk :D
    Im on These, and it's OK so far. (CU also)

Games Played:
    BF1 (every day for scraps)
    R6:Siege (at last 2'times a week for Bonuses)
    DeusEx MkD
    ME:Andromeda
    FH3 (forzathon + Rival bash ) + Apex
    Ori & TB Forest (finishing Campaign)
    Tekken 7 (Practice makes perfect, Playing since the Tekken1, best for me? T3,T5,T7)
    DOOM VLK (with my Old VLK Tweak 70FPS all't'time -> Snatching all secrets on Hurt me plenty then Nightmare will occur)
    Xcom2 (Not WotF, ending campaign with Save)

So, you can't say im not an Player :D (Yeah Since '78)
    Everything is always working Great,but you need to find working Driver.
    99.9% That ATI WHQL is working as intended :oops: rest is silence.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    wuest3nfuchs and RzrTrek like this.
  9. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
    I still cannot install display driver from package 17.10.2
    Trying with first FCU BETA gives me Error 1603. Don't tell me now that because of that n00bz AMD Driver Team I will have to clean install entire OS?

10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Have you tried any of this?
    https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/KB1603.aspx

Specially point 1.

11. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
    Yes i did. No problems found.

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Maby, just try to unistall with Relive then Install (older one) then Update to 17.10.2.
    Always check if Admin is OK.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Does anyone else have sometimes 2x radeon settings icon showing?

[​IMG]

14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Reinstall C++ Packages (there a thread here in guru3d that have all of them in a single setup)

15. wuest3nfuchs

wuest3nfuchs Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6800xt Pulse

16. olymind1

olymind1 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX6700 10 GB
    For me this is the first driver in years which didn't install properly but tried a few times, black screen problems during install, mpc-be + madvr couldn't find device, Diablo 3 didn't start, ogl and other error messeges... Went back 17.9.3 whql, no problem at all.

I almost always install the latest (beta) drivers without any issues but this is some messed up driver or installer.

17. d0X

d0X Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    Hover over them and one should disappear.

These are good for me. Couldn't OC the monitor over 165MHz because of the new HDMI-to-DVI limit but ToastyX updated the patcher and everything is working great. The new Graphics-Compute switch is cool, even though unstable. The DXVA spikes seem fixed too.

18. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    Yea I have it, both usable as well.

19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Some users complained that they've had glitched frames under YT on the previous Fall Update set, but what happened to me mostly were artifacts area on a tab that had been left unseen for a while, mostly on gmail or fb, causing a rectangular area with green pixel artifacts from side to side until it was refreshed (scroll/f5). Until now, it seems solved or at least way less frequent, as I'm yet to find that problem since installing 17.10.2.

20. TUMIK

TUMIK Active Member

GPU:
    RX470
    This is due to the fact that the application start delay was reduced when the system was booted,change by default and everything will work out