Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SpecChum, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    'Select' means 'some' of the cards listed received it. Since we use custom cards we're just not on that whitelist yet it seems.

2. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    thx for the heads-up.
    Sucks a little though, doesn't it?

3. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    Hi, i dont see flash videos like YouTube or Dailymotion, why?. I have Vega 64

4. WareTernal

WareTernal Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800 XT
    It doesn't seem to be just a matter of "custom" vs. "reference". It's been present with my 380x since the beta for RS3. Just gotta wait i guess for older GCN version maybe. If you need a driver optimized for compute, you might try the "Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain Compute".

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...eta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx

Chill has been working with these drivers also, which it was not with the beta, although 17.7.2 was working fine with RS3 anyway. No noticeable gains for me(not surprised), but everything is working so that's a win in my book.

5. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    This driver set are broken for me... I'm getting the as I like to say "stutter of doom" with them. Every 2 or 3 seconds, whole computer stutters. I've rolled back to 17.7.2 in the meantime.

6. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    This clown says this on pretty much any driver release for AMD. Its laughable. Must not have anything in life to please himself.

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

I take it you have never played Overwatch for a longer duration or used Relive in VR?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    With Beta Win CU also was tha' case :D
    17.9.3 WHQL for me, until they Fix early CU issues.

9. FAQU

FAQU Member

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB
    They forgot to mention that this new driver (17.10.2) introduced crashes for Rise of the Tomb Raider just like 17.7.2 did for Overwatch . Goddamn AMD , good products , crappy support ! :confused:

10. elaganza

elaganza Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    Does this driver set give wddm 2.3 support on Creator update win10?or it needs fall creator to be installed?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Destiny 2 runs worse then the previous update.

12. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
    WTF is wrong with this drivers? I have two setups. Both are running Win 10 FCU 1709. Both had previous drivers installed (Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Beta-Fall-Update-Oct16) prior to the FCU upgrade. In the system with R9 270X, I have updated from Crimson Control Panel to 17.10.2. No problem whatsoever. But in the second rig with RX470 update goes wrong. The process of installing display driver took way too much time than normally. In task manager, there was a process called Drivers Installation module which consumed a lot of CPU time. After fail of that process, I have used the latest version of DDU in safe mode to get rid of any potential problems. Since then I cannot update display driver. Even Windows Update fails to do so. It has to something with that Drivers Installation module process. yesterday I had no time but I will try to install previous drivers.
    I will be gratefull for any tips.

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Download the new DDU and remove in safe mode again!

14. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
    By "new" you mean something newer than 17.0.7.7?

Maybe I will try this:

"Workaround: do a cleanup in Normal mode after the one you did in safe mode."

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    yes released yesterday.

16. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
    But that was the version I have used yesterday.

17. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    This drivers are the best for me, compare to 17.7/17.10/17.10.1 and new unnamed WU Fall Creator WDDM 2.3 preview drivers.
    Only this one solved my block clocked in MSI Afterburner and solve the display corruption (purple/blue) screen flickering when watching video via web browser.
    + it seems to have AIO support for AC/Destiny2/Wolfenstein and fully compatibilty with Fall Creator update (in my case)

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Some good read, about why ATI drivers are not maturing instantly ;)

"The point is that Nvidia has been using the same design on an architectural level since the 8800GT at least. They shrink it down with each node shrink, and then copy-paste cuda cores into all the extra space they have. It's not that hard to continue supporting the 400 series in drivers when it's still basically the same as the 1000 series, scaled down.

When AMD went from VLIW to GCN, that was a complete ground-up architecture shift, which requires ground-up driver design. And if you want one driver to continue to support the still-new VLIW cards out there and ALSO support the brand-spanking-new GCN cards, then what you really have is two separate driver paths for two separate architectures, packed into one driver. Which also means that driver-level optimizations have to be done twice, once for the VLIW drivers and once for the GCN drivers, every single time.

Somehow I have no problem believing that you're well aware of the reputation AMD had for driver support during that time.

At some point, and for a variety of reasons (money probably not being the least of those reasons) AMD decided that the number of VLIW cards still in use out there today was too small to justify the continued maintenance of two completely separate driver paths. If Nvidia had had to do that, you'd be applauding it as a smart business move.

And since you're clearly not an AMD user, why do you care this much?"

Now we have GCN (Thaiti/Hawaii), Next-GCN (Tonga/Fiji) + Polaris and VEGA.

19. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    did anyone know if d3d12 high priority queues work properly with current drivers (not sure if there are some applications or demos around that are using them)? I got runtime _com_error..

20. ikanffy

ikanffy Guest

GPU:
    rx 470
    I've got a BSOD with THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER after a half a day using this driver.
    Enabled compute mode and started claymore in eth only mode on my one and only rx 470, that was completely stable in dual mode on blockchain beta drivers.
    Freshly installed win10 1709 with drivers installed after DDU clean up.
    Honestly - I saw this error before when played with claymore's settings, but my current settings where stable for days before.
    This what WhoCrashed showed me:
    Crash Dump Analysis
    Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Wed 2017-10-25 16:16:50 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\102517-8984-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl+0x26D33)
    Bugcheck code: 0x100000EA (0xFFFFC1014B787080, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
    Bug check description: This indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 2017-10-25 16:16:50 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x59F60)
    Bugcheck code: 0xEA (0xFFFFC1014B787080, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
    file path: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\atikmdag-patched\atikmdag.sys
    product: ATI Radeon Family
    company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
    Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER